Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 601 to 620 of 15,210

Dreamz

midnafanboy wrote:

Why do you say no to what blaisedinsd said dreamz? I admit for me skyward sword is amazing i love it, i don't know why people hate it.

I played through Skyward Sword for the first time at the beginning of the summer. While I would probably agree that it has the best combat, the overworld is a colossal waste of space and I just didn't find the dungeons very engaging. In particular I found the desert dungeons to be extremely boring, and the silent realms were like mini-dungeons, and were just tedious.

That's not to say I disliked Skyward Sword - I quite enjoyed it overall. But while it might make my top 5 list of Zelda games, it definitely wouldn't break the top 3.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Octane

WaLzgi wrote:

Skyward Sword had great dungeons. What other game let you get on a pirate ship complete with robot zombie pirates and a tentacle monster?

More like a wannabe Stalfos and an ugly creation from Pixar.

Octane

Yoshi

WaLzgi wrote:

Skyward Sword had great dungeons. What other game let you get on a pirate ship complete with robot zombie pirates and a tentacle monster?

The variety was definitely there, and I don't understand everyone's complaints about the Silent Realms. I absolutely loved them.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

ClockworkMario

Octane wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

More like a wannabe Stalfos and an ugly creation from Pixar.

Got to admit that Nintendo got real lazy when designing the bosses and enemy types for SS. Recycling was out of control and the new bosses weren't anything to write home about. That said the dungeons in this game are, in my opinion, by far among the greatest in the series. Every dungeon had a gimmick that was used to the fullest, like the timeshift stones and the weird zombie underworld of Ancient Cistern (which BTW might be my favourite dungeon ever). All the items were also used in increasingly creative ways, always challenging the player.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

LzWinky

But but, you fought Stalfos, Stalfos, robot and more robots. Totally creative!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MsJubilee

What's you guys opinion about maybe having a choice to have a female link in the new Zelda? And don't say we already have one she was shown in the Zelda teaser.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

The_Ninja

No. As I said in the HW thread, it would be better if Link got a sister again, like in WW, but playing a much bigger role. What would be awesome is if they took inspiration from Mother 3
and made her a deuteragonist at the start, and then make her turn evil by being controlled by Ganon like a puppet or something like that. Kinda like the Masked Man.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

MsJubilee

@The_Ninja If link has a sister then she better speak, cause two character that will not speak in the entire game that's just odd.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

The_Ninja

midnafanboy wrote:

@The_Ninja If link has a sister then she better speak, cause two character that will not speak in the entire game that's just odd.

I think she will speak, since almost every NPC talks, and Aryll (Link's sister in WW) does it too.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Kewlan

I know no one thinks the trailer Link looks like a woman, but are people actually against playing as a female Link?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

LzWinky

Kewlan wrote:

I know no one thinks the trailer Link looks like a woman, but are people actually against playing as a female Link?

Most of the "cons" I see involve...traditions. Most of the naysayers just don't want the change

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Usagi-san

Kewlan wrote:

I'm against playing as a female Link. I am also against playing as a female Mario but I have nothing against playing as a female character in a Mario game.

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

Samurai_Goroh

The thing is Mario and Link are not characters on the same level, on the same terms. Mario is a fixed character, in every game he stars, you know it's THE Mario. Link is not a fixed character, it's more abstract, in the majority of games they are different people altogether. The Link in Wind Waker is NOT the same person as the Link in OoT. He is however the reincarnation of the Hero of Time. That's what Link is. Again I ask, why can't the hero of time be a female?

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

Usagi-san

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

The thing is Mario and Link are not characters on the same level, on the same terms. Mario is a fixed character, in every game he stars, you know it's THE Mario. Link is not a fixed character, it's more abstract, in the majority of games they are different people altogether. The Link in Wind Waker is NOT the same person as the Link in OoT. He is however the reincarnation of the Hero of Time. That's what Link is. Again I ask, why can't the hero of time be a female?

I don't know. Why can't princess zelda be a goron? what about making Impa one of those cute little puppies in Hyrule Market and Ganon can be a deku scrub. I don't think that it is as easy as saying "Link can be female because REINCARNATION!"

Edited on by Usagi-san

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

GuSolarFlare

Usagi-san wrote:

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

I don't know. Why can't princess zelda be a goron? what about making impa one of those cute little puppies in Hyrule Market and Ganon can be a deku scrub. I don't think that it is as easy as saying "Link can be female because REINCARNATION!"

I'd totally dig this "the evil lord is a Deku Scrub" deal! XD

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Spoony_Tech

GuSolarFlare wrote:

Usagi-san wrote:

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

I don't know. Why can't princess zelda be a goron? what about making impa one of those cute little puppies in Hyrule Market and Ganon can be a deku scrub. I don't think that it is as easy as saying "Link can be female because REINCARNATION!"

I'd totally dig this "the evil lord is a Deku Scrub" deal! XD

And the main enemy is now the Cucco's. Exacting their revenge from centuries of torture.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LzWinky

A photosynthesizing Link?

Twiglingen

Best way to solve it would be to have both a male Link and female "Link" as the main characters in the game as twins, that way no one can whine about them turning Link into a woman, but a female version kind of gets represented for those that want it. Nothing says that can't be two heroes at once so long as they both possess "the spirit of the hero." It would certainly open a lot of gameplay options for dungeons and bosses, multiplayer not needed but possible.

Edited on by Twiglingen

Working on the profile pic. Trying to find a good one for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9841-0384

Namco

I just admired the official female Link concept art ( The one from the Hyrule Warriors Artbook ) Then decided to make an avatar out of it. But I still like my current avatar more ^^ Anyway, I'm not gonna use it. Anyone else is free to use it, if they feel like it

Untitled

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

erv

Link should be replaced by toad.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic