Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 581 to 600 of 15,210

kkslider5552000

I still can't wrap my head around it. I think because to me it's pointing towards Skyrim world, Deus Ex-type non-linear gameplay...but Zelda. I want that to be the case because the could be the best thing ever but I have no idea either what direction it's going if I'm wrong or how they'll pull it off if I'm right. I mean making an open world game with the gameplay and level design quality of Zelda has already got to be an insane task but how are they gonna add the non-linear elements that they've implied to an open world Zelda?

My confusion on how this game is going to work that well (which it probably will because Zelda) is probably the only reason I'm not as excited for this as Xenoblade.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I still can't wrap my head around it. I think because to me it's pointing towards Skyrim world, Deus Ex-type non-linear gameplay...but Zelda. I want that to be the case because the could be the best thing ever but I have no idea either what direction it's going if I'm wrong or how they'll pull it off if I'm right. I mean making an open world game with the gameplay and level design quality of Zelda has already got to be an insane task but how are they gonna add the non-linear elements that they've implied to an open world Zelda?

My confusion on how this game is going to work that well (which it probably will because Zelda) is probably the only reason I'm not as excited for this as Xenoblade.

Indeed, there isn't much to be excited for, as we have absolutely no clue how it'll turn out.

I don't think it will end up a ''true'' open-world game. I imagine something along the lines of Wind Waker, but with land instead of water. You could go anywhere from the start, yet the game had a specific order in which you had to unlock items/events/cutscenes etc. In the end, it's a Zelda game, there will be a story, and for a story to progress, there have to be specific cutscenes or events to take place.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Kewlan

My hype exists around my idea of how the game could be. I hope it turns out as I think!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Octane

Kewlan wrote:

My hype exists around my idea of how the game could be. I hope it turns out as I think!

Prepare to be disappointed.

Octane

Akazury

Kewlan wrote:

Have you been keeping an eye on any of the updates or maybe the Direct? Otherwise it'll hurt

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Kewlan

@Akazury Yes. My idea mostly surrounds the hints from the Direct and Aonuma's occasional talks. I have a good feeling about this Zelda.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Akazury

Kewlan wrote:

@Akazury Yes. My idea mostly surrounds the hints from the Direct and Aonuma's occasional talks. I have a good feeling about this Zelda.

Yea sorry I hought I was in the Hyrule Warriors thread :S but the game is still gonna be amazing

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

The_Ninja

Shocks1776 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

This thread is starting to feel like Groundhog Day. Feel like I'm reading the same page over and over again.

Yes, 1st person Zelda is a terrible idea and the guy with a parody account is taking you all for a jolly ride. Hopefully we can all move on by the time the game actually comes out.

Parody account? Nice one, dude.
But for real, I feel like I'm always attacked when I come on this site.

It's better to just ignore and move on, just for future reference. -Lz.

Oh, and I want a SS sequel. Everything about it was great, just great. Controls, items, bosses, dungeons. I do wish Koji Kondo helps out this time, but I believe he retired ; (

Edited on by LzWinky

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

The_Ninja

Btw, I remember seeing an edited picture of the trailer, where Link wears his green clotching. It actually makes him look better than without it. I'll post soon.

Edited on by LzWinky

The_Ninja

The_Ninja

Untitled
Found it.

The_Ninja

MsJubilee

Link looks sort of good with the tunic,but for that trailer he looks way more better without it in my opinion.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

WhiteNoise17

I wonder if you'll even have to where the tunic or if you can choose what clothes you where in the first place and the tunic is just a story item.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

LzWinky

The_Ninja wrote:

Untitled
Found it.

Someone needs to explain how anyone thinks this is a girl

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

GuSolarFlare

WaLzgi wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Untitled
Found it.

Someone needs to explain how anyone thinks this is a girl

Untitled

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

blaisedinsd

I just finished Ocarina of time for the first time so now the only 3D zelda I haven't beat is Majoras mask.

I rank Skyward Sword as my favorite>Twilight Princess>Wind Waker>Ocarina of Time

I think it matters what order you play them in although Twilight Princess was my first 3D zelda. I don't know if I want them to abandon the motion plus controls of Skyward Sword. I think they probably will since Wii U is more of a traditional stick and button type of console. Skyward sword was awesome...it had the most brilliant dungeon design of any Zelda in my opinion and it's overworld was full of enemies and obstacles to over come compared to empty fields and seas and the it has the best combat

SW-7087-5868-6390

Dreamz

blaisedinsd wrote:

Skyward sword was awesome...it had the most brilliant dungeon design of any Zelda in my opinion and it's overworld was full of enemies and obstacles to over come compared to empty fields and seas and the it has the best combat

....no.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

MsJubilee

Why do you say no to what blaisedinsd said dreamz? I admit for me skyward sword is amazing i love it, i don't know why people hate it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

kkslider5552000

His post is at least half factual tbh, and it's not even my favorite Zelda or anything.

and by that i do mean that the game cut down on its overworld focus and had a combat system that could reasonably be used in a more combat focused game

also as already stated, hating on the latest 3D Zelda is a pointless endeavor as any valid points will be drowned out by the fact that people try too hard to hate on the latest 3D Zelda

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

midnafanboy wrote:

Why do you say no to what blaisedinsd said dreamz? I admit for me skyward sword is amazing i love it, i don't know why people hate it.

Because people are lazy and don't want to swing the controller around the whole game. Not saying that about them but Every Zelda ever made somebody has something to hate on. With this series we've heard just about everything. Too easy, too hard, too short, too long, didn't like the way it looked, it looked to realistic, and of course didn't like the way it controlled. I like every Zelda because they're unique and not too many are similar at all. Do something different and people like to complain. I have never played a Zelda I didn't like. Sure some were better then others but as a whole for me the best series hands down!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LzWinky

Skyward Sword had great dungeons. What other game let you get on a pirate ship complete with robot zombie pirates and a tentacle monster?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic