Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 5,621 to 5,640 of 15,201

Sticker

shaneoh wrote:

Sticker wrote:

I'm not bragging but, you Zelda fans finally know how us KH fans feel like waiting for KH3.

Content knowing that we'll get another Zelda game at some point soon?

I'm content. Also amazed by that comeback.

Edited on by Sticker

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

Haru17

Sticker wrote:

I'm not bragging but, you Zelda fans finally know how us KH fans feel like waiting for KH3.

Assuming that Zelda fans hadn't waited through long release gaps in the past? It's been like this since Twilight Princess came out—5+ year waits.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

It doesn't matter much to the quality of the game, but after lots of Monster Hunter I would be down for the bosses in Zelda U to have larger hitboxes on their attacks (and attack more aggressively). Especially if they're replayable in a boss rush mode or just out in the world.

I'm just not sure how well this would mesh with Nintendo's plan if Zelda U is the welcome party for the NX. Especially if it's bundled with the system.

Edited on by Haru17

Henmii

Sooo, its less then 2,5 months untill E3! Then finally Zelda u will be properly revealed (and the NX). I really hope that this site won't spoil it for us, but we know how they are: If some stupid "dataminers" (I call them hackers) spoil the fun one or 2 days in advance, this site imediately picks it up. Making it pointless to watch E3. I guess I avoid this site 1 or 2 weeks before E3. I want to watch the E3 event un-spoiled!!

Henmii

jump

The things that are now called spoilers scratch my head, I remember there were arguments/ultra precautions about Sun and Moon and if the names were spoilers or not.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Xyphon22

I just finished playing my Wii version of Twilight Princess, and the thing I most loved about that game that I hope this one does even better is how a lot (though still not all) of the dungeons and bosses just felt natural in the world. There were houses and cities with residents hanging out and making soup that you could talk to, but they were the dungeons. And there were reasons for the bosses being there and having to fight them, not just "Oh, there's a random giant monster down here for no apparent reason." Hopefully Zelda U can expand on that. It just made the whole world and story feel more connected.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Nicolai

@arronishere: You bring up a good point. Most games have loads of content packed in them, so even if a tiny leaked detail ruins the surprise of the announcement, it's far from ruining the game.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

Henmii wrote:

Sooo, its less then 2,5 months untill E3! Then finally Zelda u will be properly revealed (and the NX). I really hope that this site won't spoil it for us, but we know how they are: If some stupid "dataminers" (I call them hackers) spoil the fun one or 2 days in advance, this site imediately picks it up. Making it pointless to watch E3. I guess I avoid this site 1 or 2 weeks before E3. I want to watch the E3 event un-spoiled!!

Water you talking about? Nintendo's stuff never leaks.

The last time it did was Mario Maker and who cares? It's not like that game being revealed was exciting to anyone who was born before yesterday.

Haru17

Nicolai wrote:

@arronishere: You bring up a good point. Most games have loads of content packed in them, so even if a tiny leaked detail ruins the surprise of the announcement, it's far from ruining the game.

It used to be that linear games—which could be short, admittedly—had actual plots and a progression and journey to them. You could spoil that, but one spoiler wouldn't ruin the entire game for you, even if it was the ending.

Now that everything's open world the opposite is true. Just look at the Wind Waker—by all accounts an early open world game. If you told someone that 'Tetra is Zelda' then you've spoiled that game's entire plot. That's because open world as we've seen it is inversely proportional to the amount of plot in a game. Stories get twisted and stretched across a world. Moreover, the story can't evolve because the player is tethered to this one specific space by the ankle (a few special games like Witcher 3 and Skyrim avoid this last problem).

tl;dr: spoilers are worse now that everything is open world and largely non-narrative.

TuVictus

Haru17 wrote:

Henmii wrote:

Water you talking about? Nintendo's stuff never leaks.

The last time it did was Mario Maker and who cares? It's not like that game being revealed was exciting to anyone who was born before yesterday.

I'm not entirely sure if you're serious, but either way, the latest Nintendo Direct did leak beforehand. As did the existence of a Paper Mario game, though I suppose that one may have just been a lucky guess, though I have my doubts.

TuVictus

Haru17

No, but really what's the last big Nintendo reveal that got spoiled? It sure as hell ain't Paper Proliferation.

So that makes it Mario Maker, which isn't even able to be properly spoiled because it's not like a new game or anything.

Whenever a big Zelda or Mario game gets announced that stuff never leaks.

Eel

Well, a lot of small content has leaked through the internet in recent memory.

Like, paper Mario, super Mario maker, other minor games, Pokemon "rainbow", the whole smash bros 4 roster, Hyrule warriors legends was revealed by accident, Zelda TP HD was found by dataminer, etc.

We basically know or at least hear rumors about a lot of stuff before Nintendo announces it.

Nothing major or life changing, but it happens regularly enough.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Yeah, but how many of those rumors were actually in-the-know?

Like, that Paper Mario Wii U Walmart rumor couldn't have been a thing. Someone at Walmart just said 'Paper Mario Wii U' and there also happened to be an actual Paper Mario Wii U in development.

Nicolai

Haru17 wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

It used to be that linear games—which could be short, admittedly—had actual plots and a progression and journey to them. You could spoil that, but one spoiler wouldn't ruin the entire game for you, even if it was the ending.

Now that everything's open world the opposite is true. Just look at the Wind Waker—by all accounts an early open world game. If you told someone that 'Tetra is Zelda' then you've spoiled that game's entire plot. That's because open world as we've seen it is inversely proportional to the amount of plot in a game. Stories get twisted and stretched across a world. Moreover, the story can't evolve because the player is tethered to this one specific space by the ankle (a few special games like Witcher 3 and Skyrim avoid this last problem).

tl;dr: spoilers are worse now that everything is open world and largely non-narrative.

Not everyone plays games JUST for the story and narrative. Mario Maker's leak was huge because the entire point of the game is in it's name: Mario Maker. It was leaked that you could make your own Mario experience, which was the entire surprise. Then again, no one actually believed that rumor, so it didn't matter much.

Super Smash Bros's Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. was leaked if I remember. A huge part of that game is the cast of characters. People play that game in order to fight as their favorite Nintendo characters.

NWPlayer123 leaked a whole bunch of Splatoon DLC content. Considering more than half that game came after it's release, it was a lot.

The surprise doesn't have to be part of the story in order to be royally ruined for everyone. Oh, and I just realized, none of those things I just mentioned are open-world. Not everything is open-world.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Eel

Haru17 wrote:

Like, that Paper Mario Wii U Walmart rumor couldn't have been a thing. Someone at Walmart just said 'Paper Mario Wii U' and there also happened to be an actual Paper Mario Wii U in development.

Well, lucky guesses or not, we have no real way to prove anything.

The information was still out before Nintendo wanted it to be.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Nicolai wrote:

The surprise doesn't have to be part of the story in order to be royally ruined for everyone. Oh, and I just realized, none of those things I just mentioned are open-world. Not everything is open-world.

If you'd come off of Nintendo island I could show you the main AAA space which very much is 'open world or GTFO.' Don't front: even Nintendo's marquee title is open world now.

Nicolai wrote:

Not everyone plays games JUST for the story and narrative. Mario Maker's leak was huge because the entire point of the game is in it's name: Mario Maker. It was leaked that you could make your own Mario experience, which was the entire surprise. Then again, no one actually believed that rumor, so it didn't matter much.

It's not just story and narrative I'm talking about, although that is part of it. It's scope. It's ambition. It's 'newness' which Mario Maker certainly does not have to begin with, let alone spoil. People have already edited Mario levels for ages. It's in flash, for Christ's sake. 2D Mario just isn't that notable anymore. Not the way they're doing it.

Nicolai

Meowpheel wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Well, lucky guesses or not, we have no real way to prove anything.

The information was still out before Nintendo wanted it to be.

It's the difference between the reactions "Wow, that's really cool" and "Oh, so the rumors were true."

Haru17 wrote:

If you'd come off of Nintendo island I could show you the main AAA space which very much is 'open world or GTFO.' Don't front: even Nintendo's marquee title is open world now.

My bad, I thought this was a Nintendo discussion, since you said

Haru17 wrote:

Nintendo stuff never leaks

and everyone so far has only referred to Nintendo games.

Haru17 wrote:

It's not just story and narrative... ...the way they're doing it.

Fair enough.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

jump

Haru17 wrote:

That's the thing though, people are complaining rumours are now spoilers which has been ruined for them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haru17

I'll believe Zelda U is next gen when, when you push a block more than half of the way off a ledge, it topples over and falls due to it's weight.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic