Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 5,501 to 5,520 of 15,210

Octane

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I think dare I say we may see even more Bethesda influences in the Next Zelda. You don't get more western flavor then that.

I don't hope so.

Octane

Eel

I don't want a hamburger aftertaste with my Zeldas >:[

Though seriously, if every other Zelda had a "Japanese sauce" to it, I wonder what do they consider a western flavor.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Zelda dungeons have been linear since they became more than glorified sudoku puzzles.

Fix'd.

That's not really fair. Oracle of Ages and Ocarina of Time had non-linear dungeons that were also more than glorified sudoku puzzles.

How? Ocarina of Time's dungeons had a linear path through them.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Eel

I don't really remember any non linear Zelda dungeon.

Unless you consider "you can go to the right for three rooms before you find a locked door" a branching path...

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TuVictus

I definitely do hope the game has a more robust upgrade system. I loved what they started in SS, where you don't just get the Hylian shield and master sword after only having a wooden shield and crap sword.

It actually felt special. If they can do more of that in the new one, I'd be really excited. Maybe even different tunics with different stats, obviously with the green Hero tunic being the best one, and the result of much sidequesting.

TuVictus

iKhan

Haru17 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Zelda dungeons have been linear since they became more than glorified sudoku puzzles.

Fix'd.

That's not really fair. Oracle of Ages and Ocarina of Time had non-linear dungeons that were also more than glorified sudoku puzzles.

How? Ocarina of Time's dungeons had a linear path through them.

There were a handful of instances where you had two keys at once. So you could choose which to go through first.

@Meowpheel

That's what I'd call a maze-like element. You can get stuck and not know where to go or how to progress, but once you figure it out, there is only one way.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

VelvetElvis

On Aonuma's statement, it sounds to me like a natural reference to this new game's open-world tilt — we already know that's the direction it's taking. Naturally, it's a departure from the "linear structure + overworld + villages + dungeons" formula that all 3D Zelda games have shared since Ocarina (even Majora, the most radical departure, had these elements). I think open-world games have an innately "Western flavor," so to speak, as they've largely been popularized by Western developers.

In a way, that's very new for the Zelda series — it's a big step to change a formula that has worked swimmingly for 18 years. It's also, as Aonuma noted previously, a return to the foundation of the first Zelda, which is not very new at all.

So is that angle "new" enough to surprise us, or is there some other convention-shaking system at play? Could relate to something vaguely multiplayer, which was also one of the game's very first talking points.

VelvetElvis

Sticker

So Zelda U is going to be western, eh?
Can I expect the gameplay to be based of Skyrim?

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

Dezzy

So I'm guessing he just means it'll be like Xenoblade X in its structure. I'm fine with that. Will be interesting to see a Zelda like that.
I hope they do a bit of metroidvania stuff though and block some sections off until you have the right item. That's always rewarding in Zelda games.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

In which Aonuma mentions needing to look deeper into underwater gameplay, on top of Twilight Princess' already really cool iron boots segments.

Get hype.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

My hype for this game is crashing to the ground.... Waiting till E3 for anything substantial is annoying.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

-Green-

Just 3 more months.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Mirror-Image

Blast wrote:

My hype for this game is crashing to the ground.... Waiting till E3 for anything substantial is annoying.

For me, this is what's great about Nintendo. They don't let the 'cat out of the bag' too early. They keep their fanbase guessing as to what they're going to do next. The Legend Of Zelda Wii U (or whatever the title may end up being) is the only game I'm eagerly anticipating, although Star Fox Zero does look awesome.

Mirror-Image

Mirror-Image

-Red- wrote:

Just 3 more months.

Yes! I am hoping this new Zelda game will be released hopefully by Fall of this year. It seems a lot of games get Fall releases or maybe Nintendo is planning a Christmas release? I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Edited on by Mirror-Image

Mirror-Image

DefHalan

Mirror-Image wrote:

Blast wrote:

For me, this is what's great about Nintendo. They don't let the 'cat out of the bag' too early. They keep their fanbase guessing as to what they're going to do next. The Legend Of Zelda Wii U (or whatever the title may end up being) is the only game I'm eagerly anticipating, although Star Fox Zero does look awesome.

Yeah, Nintendo is good at dropping a lot of information at once. A lot of other games will let out small bits of info every week for over a year to keep fans interested but Nintendo is normally nothing for months then a ton of info lol. The Zelda series normally goes a lot longer between information drops.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Mirror-Image

As for the new Zelda containing a more 'open-world' concept instead of being so linear may shake things up a bit, although I'm still a bit skeptical of an 'open-world' type of game for Zelda. Knowing Nintendo, I think this will be a good new advancement in the series, but, again, I'm still on the fence a bit. Still, we haven't the slightest idea of what this game will be like, so I suppose it's better to not get to wrapped up in thoughts (and concepts) that aren't true and that are mere fabrications of our own minds.

Edited on by Mirror-Image

Mirror-Image

DefHalan

Mirror-Image wrote:

As for the new Zelda containing a more 'open-world' concept instead of being so linear may shake things up a bit, although I'm still a bit skeptical of an 'open-world' type of game for Zelda. Knowing Nintendo, I think this will be a good new advancement in the series, but, again, I'm still on the fence a bit. Still, we haven't the slightest idea of what this game will be like, so I suppose it's better to not get to wrapped up in thoughts (and concepts) that aren't true and that are mere fabrications of our own minds.

I have seen a lot of people compare the more "open-world" that we have heard about in Zelda U to the original Legend of Zelda. It was a giant world and a lot of it was open from the beginning but dungeons would require something to get in and complete them. I think it will be similar to that, but I am prepared to be proven wrong lol.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Mirror-Image

DefHalan wrote:

Mirror-Image wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yeah, Nintendo is good at dropping a lot of information at once. A lot of other games will let out small bits of info every week for over a year to keep fans interested but Nintendo is normally nothing for months then a ton of info lol. The Zelda series normally goes a lot longer between information drops.

They've done an exceptionally fine job of keep this Zelda game quiet. On another note, I saw the video posted about the new, improved swimming in Twilight Princess HD and this has me quite excited about what kind of water world/dungeon we're in for in this next installment.

Mirror-Image

Mirror-Image

DefHalan wrote:

Mirror-Image wrote:

I have seen a lot of people compare the more "open-world" that we have heard about in Zelda U to the original Legend of Zelda. It was a giant world and a lot of it was open from the beginning but dungeons would require something to get in and complete them. I think it will be similar to that, but I am prepared to be proven wrong lol.

Yes! Now, that would be awesome! Open-world but with a catch. That would definitely be Zelda-like and would give the game a unique challenge that hasn't really been explored in a long time.

Mirror-Image

Dezzy

ALBW was kinda an open-world game too.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic