Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 4,701 to 4,720 of 15,210

Haru17

SpookyMeths wrote:

3D Zelda games don't just have "decent" camera work. They've been the gold standard of it for three generations of gaming.

Which is why a 12 year old game is still heavily featured in camera programming tutorials.

What a disaster 3D games could have been to control if Mario 64 never came up with the idea of the camera literally being its own independent character. That dynamic camera action was probably the most "cinematic" thing to ever happen to video games.

Well, I disagree there—a camera that follows the player is much more chaotic and less controlled / purposeful than a fixed camera angle. It is important though. That's why I call it 'decent;' because it just works. It should never be the focal point. That and most third person action games should just work like Zelda camera-wise.

It was cool how dramatically Z targeting would contract the camera in Ocarina, Majora, and Wind Waker. Those black bars at the top & bottom did make the combat feel cinematic and heighten the climactic-ness of it.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

rishisquid

Wow, I'm surprised some people had issues with the camera in MM 3d, I played it with the nub and I love it. After MM 3d and WW HD, it's really hard to play without a second stick.

rishisquid

Haru17

The nub on the new 3DS is terrible and literally wouldn't respond at times, rendering it nigh on unplayable.

-Green-

I hate how unresponsive it can be when playing MH4U. It almost got me to rage.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haru17

Aromaiden wrote:

I hate how unresponsive it can be when playing MH4U. It almost got me to rage.

Oh, yeah. It's totally unplayable in a game as fast / timing-based as MH. Just change the L2 & R2 buttons to pan horizontally in the options and use those & the non-awful right stick (the D pad) for camera control.

Edited on by Haru17

00a

The nub for the New 3DS should have been moveable circle pad than just a sensor button.
The PSP did have that feature, it shouldn't have been hard for the New 3DS to have the same thing.

I know now, without a doubt, Keyloggery is light!
I make stupid videos

-Green-

I don't think so.

Nicolai

I have no problem with the nub when going left, right, or up, but my thumb struggles with down a lot. I know it's my thumb and not the nub, because when i reposition my hand, I can do it, but it's still unfortunate that it's not instantly sensitive when I want it to be.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Blast

... Is this what happens when I leave the thread for a few days? Chaos? Anyway.... Let's get back to discussing how Ganondorf needs to stop being like Bowser actually cause mayhem. Is anybody scared of Ganondorf anymore? Intimidated? No wonder Link never seems afraid. He's faced Ganondorf so many times he's become numb.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

keife191

Blast wrote:

... Is this what happens when I leave the thread for a few days? Chaos? Anyway.... Let's get back to discussing how Ganondorf needs to stop being like Bowser actually cause mayhem. Is anybody scared of Ganondorf anymore? Intimidated? No wonder Link never seems afraid. He's faced Ganondorf so many times he's become numb.

no its because hes never lost, what we need is a honest to god sequel maker, a game with a cliffhanger ending where link gets his butt kicked and loses everything, and then the second game you have to work like a dog to get the peoples trust and respect back and then save the world, links gotten lazy because hes destined to be the hero. so obviously he knows hes going to win no matter what.

keife191

Haru17

You all must have deku scrub-sized hands—the nub is never very responsive for me. ohgodiknowhowthatsoundsbutitsnotlikethatforreal

Edited on by Haru17

-Green-

keife191 wrote:

Blast wrote:

no its because hes never lost, what we need is a honest to god sequel maker, a game with a cliffhanger ending where link gets his butt kicked and loses everything, and then the second game you have to work like a dog to get the peoples trust and respect back and then save the world, links gotten lazy because hes destined to be the hero. so obviously he knows hes going to win no matter what.

I don't think it's that Link knows he's going to win (which I highly doubt), more so it's just in Link's character to bravely face opposition. He's the embodiment of courage and is the epitome of a courageous hero.

Edited on by -Green-

keife191

how about an alternate reality where zelda is an evil queen and she rules with an iron fist, then ganondorf founds the freedom fighters to fight back against her tyranny, and then zelda hires link as a bounty hunter to hunt down ganondorf and end the rebellion.

keife191

Haru17

keife191 wrote:

how about an alternate reality where zelda is an evil queen and she rules with an iron fist, then ganondorf founds the freedom fighters to fight back against her tyranny, and then zelda hires link as a bounty hunter to hunt down ganondorf and end the rebellion.

So, just like the plot of every Zelda game ever, but cast in a slightly different light?

MegaMari0

Haru17 wrote:

keife191 wrote:

So, just like the plot of every Zelda game ever, but cast in a slightly different light?

Sounds like the plot for Justice league crisis on 2 earths. Lex luthor is the good guy haha.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Haru17

MegaMari0 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

keife191 wrote:

Sounds like the plot for Justice league crisis on 2 earths. Lex luthor is the good guy haha.

2/10 Not enough Earths.

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

MegaMari0 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

keife191 wrote:

2/10 Not enough Earths.

Just for you.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic