Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 4,681 to 4,700 of 15,201

Haru17

Aromaiden wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Yo dawg, I heard you liked Link so I sent you the link to the missing link between Link and you so now you can link to Link while you link to Link.

That hurt my head...

I swear to god twitter—I couldn't fit "Yo dawg" in the message. My GENIUS is RUINED!!

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

keife191

Morpheel wrote:

@keife191: your post was pretty insensitive. If you have a problem seeing how it would be insensitive, well, we don't really need to discuss it here.

However, no, you're not the main target.

Anyway, yes this link looks pretty unique. And no Haru, lava is not racist.

i get it, not everyone can handle my advanced way of thinking , and also im hoping theres a way for link to get off his horse without going all psycho slow mo every single time. i hope its an activate when you want to kind of thing

keife191

-Green-

Untitled
So this basically show the overall appearance of each Link (albeit they're drawings and exclude LBW and TFH). This version of Link does look pretty unique.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

keife191

Haru17 wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

And no Haru, lava is not racist.

<3

idk, lava could be racist, its red when its white hot, and black when its not

keife191

Eel

(Talking about the slowmo dismounting)

Now that would be funny if it was something that happened every time. Like some sort of annoying super power.

Bonus points if npcs notice and comment on it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

Morpheel wrote:

Now that would be funny if it was something that happened every time. Like some sort of annoying super power.

I didn't really like the way it looked in the Gameplay they showed. Albeit they were pretty slow at aiming and stuff so it could be really cool with proper speed and improvements made to it. It just looked weird (almost unappealing) to me in the Gameplay they showed of it.

keife191 wrote:

@Aromaiden: he kinda looks similar to the first three

I don't think so; if anything, it's probably just the the overall view of the hair (not really).

Edited on by -Green-

keife191

Aromaiden wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

I didn't really like the way it looked in the Gameplay they showed. Albeit they were pretty slow at aiming and stuff so it could be really cool with proper speed and improvements made to it. It just looked weird (almost unappealing) to me in the Gameplay they showed of it.

keife191 wrote:

@Aromaiden: he kinda looks similar to the first three

im hoping you can activate the Z-targeting while youre in the air, it would definitely clean up the aspect of shooting while slow mo, and make it a lot simpler.

keife191

Haru17

keife191 wrote:

i get it, not everyone can handle my advanced way of thinking

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

My post got deleted too. Just because a post gets deleted doesn't mean you're a victim.

I'm a victim! (but someone's a victim-blamer)

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

keife191 wrote:

im hoping you can activate the Z-targeting while youre in the air, it would definitely clean up the aspect of shooting while slow mo, and make it a lot simpler.

I totally forgot about Z-targeting. That stuff could get rul cray, rul fast in midair. Not quite Monster Hunter Cross aerial style levels of cray, but rul cray.

This is kind of an invisible thing, but I really hope that this Zelda isn't dual analogue stick-controlled. Too many games do that nowadays and way too few have decent cameras besides.

keife191

Haru17 wrote:

keife191 wrote:

I totally forgot about Z-targeting. That stuff could get rul cray, rul fast in midair. Not quite Monster Hunter Cross aerial style levels of cray, but rul cray.

This is kind of an invisible thing, but I really hope that this Zelda isn't dual analogue stick-controlled. Too many games do that nowadays and way too few have decent cameras besides.

if you mean left stick controls camera, and right stick controls links movements, then probably, that would be the simplest way to do it, and as much as i loved ocarina of time, the whole turn around and click z to look forward was soo annoying

keife191

CaviarMeths

Aromaiden wrote:

Untitled
So this basically show the overall appearance of each Link (albeit they're drawings and exclude LBW and TFH). This version of Link does look pretty unique.

It looks like it's a fighting game roster and TP Link isn't unlocked as a playable character yet.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

-Green-

SpookyMeths wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Untitled

It looks like it's a fighting game roster and TP Link isn't unlocked as a playable character yet.

lol. Link Free For All.

00a

Aromaiden wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Untitled

lol. Link Free For All.

No items, Link only, final destination.

I know now, without a doubt, Keyloggery is light!
I make stupid videos

Haru17

keife191 wrote:

if you mean left stick controls camera, and right stick controls links movements, then probably, that would be the simplest way to do it, and as much as i loved ocarina of time, the whole turn around and click z to look forward was soo annoying

What? No, the way you'd do it is to 1: program a decent camera (ala any 3D Zelda game) and 2: allow the right stick to adjust the camera on the fly, but not like how they did it in MM3D where it totally screws up the automatic camera and makes everything harder.

Eel

Oh well, in that one it was literally tacked on as a bonus.

The game was built around the lack of free camera movement, so I guess it gets a bit confused when you start messing with the camera.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

Oh well, in that one it was literally tacked on as a bonus.

The game was built around the lack of free camera movement, so I guess it gets a bit confused when you start messing with the camera.

No, but they literally screwed up the auto camera if you had the new 3ds nub / circle pad pro enabled. (It would undercorrect, forcing you to use to use the nub or screw up.) All they need to do is build a new camera system and allow the option of right stick camera control, but just have it recenter after you stop using the stick.

Edited on by Haru17

Eel

Well, I played it without that option... So I don't really know how bad it was.

Still, again, that's because it's a remake where they hastily added the function. I wouldn't expect a completely new Zelda game made in the era of free camera movement to be affected by those issues.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Haru17

I should hope so... Man, Grezzo, ugh.

CaviarMeths

3D Zelda games don't just have "decent" camera work. They've been the gold standard of it for three generations of gaming.

Which is why a 12 year old game is still heavily featured in camera programming tutorials.

What a disaster 3D games could have been to control if Mario 64 never came up with the idea of the camera literally being its own independent character. That dynamic camera action was probably the most "cinematic" thing to ever happen to video games.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic