Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 441 to 460 of 15,210

Yoshi

@ClockworkMario Well....you might've got me there. I was referring to the canonical Zelda games.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

WhiteNoise17

@brewsky Wasn't it Spirit Tracks? I don't remember seeing any. Also I want there to be Link to be able to use Hand to Hand combat in this game so I don't always have to use a weapon.

Edited on by WhiteNoise17

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

Yoshi

@WhiteNoise7

Untitled
Untitled

They were in Spirit Tracks.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

The_Ninja

@brewsky Game&Watch Zelda insert trollface

Nah just kidding, I don't remember seeing them in Phantom Hourglass.
EDIT: Dammit bad timing, lol. Ehh.... Wind Waker?

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Yoshi

@The_Ninja They were in Phantom Hourglass, too. Spirit Tracks used the same sprite.

Untitled

Now playing:

The_Ninja

brewsky wrote:

@The_Ninja They were in Phantom Hourglass, too. Spirit Tracks used the same sprite.

Untitled

I know, I posted my comment before I saw yours (was about to reply but was AFK and didn't refresh)

The_Ninja

Spoony_Tech

I would have to say Zelda II or Links Awakening. The first because it was so different and the last because it was a alternate world.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Yoshi

@Spoony_Tech

Zelda II: Untitled

Link's Awakening: Untitled

Now playing:

The_Ninja

I have never seen them in Wind Waker and Twili, but haven't finished the latter, so IDK for sure

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

Yoshi

@The_Ninja

Here's Wind Waker: Untitled

But! There is none in Twilight Princess. Octorocks appear in every Zelda game except Twilight Princess. Surprising, isn't it?

Now playing:

kkslider5552000

brewsky wrote:

@The_Ninja

Here's Wind Waker: Untitled

But! There is none in Twilight Princess. Octorocks appear in every Zelda game except Twilight Princess. Surprising, isn't it?

Actually, in Spirit Tracks(?) there are those ice enemies from that one temple in Twilight Princess that bounce around the room and annoy you. They are revealed to actually be frozen octorocks. So they were in Twilight Princess all along!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Yoshi

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Actually, in Spirit Tracks(?) there are those ice enemies from that one temple in Twilight Princess that bounce around the room and annoy you. They are revealed to actually be frozen octorocks. So they were in Twilight Princess all along!

It was Spirit Tracks, but unfortunately we can't extrapolate the enemies of Spirit Tracks to Twilight Princess. It's a theory that's substantiated, but unofficial and unconfirmed.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

Kewlan

My guess is... Twilight Princess

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Octane

brewsky wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It was Spirit Tracks, but unfortunately we can't extrapolate the enemies of Spirit Tracks to Twilight Princess. It's a theory that's substantiated, but unofficial and unconfirmed.

I think we can safely say that Octoroks were absent from Twilight Princess. Here's why; In the Wind Waker the Octorok figurine in the Nintendo Gallery states that Octoroks are the ''Winner of the Perfect Attendance Award'', refering to the fact that they have been in every single game up to Wind Waker. Wind Waker HD had this piece of text removed, as they were indeed not present in Twilight Princess, and thus could no longer be called the ''Winner of the Perfect Attendance Award''.

Octane

MrBlutzIII

Not to jump in late to the convo and state something that may have already been said, but i would love to see some openness to the game that would have a "life" feel to it. Like having a house and a place to put your stuff away. Maybe be able to pick where you want to live. Also i like the idea of more crafting and searching for reaources to make craft. I know im just speaking of a eldar scrolls styled zelda, but does that not sound like fun? Especially in a world we all know and love!

Chill, Casual Gamer

My Nintendo: MrblutzIII

MrBlutzIII

Hahaha! Its just a little mrblutz's dream to play a skyrim felt game in the zelda world . But i do think more crafting is a definite possibility in this new Zelda

Chill, Casual Gamer

Spoony_Tech

I agree but it doesn't and shouldn't be quite as in-depth as Elder Scrolls. I deleted my last comment because I didn't finish yours lol.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MrBlutzIII

true but it needs to be better than Skyward Sword was cause that was just a little too simple.

Chill, Casual Gamer

WhiteNoise17

I'm really hoping this game will step it up in terms of difficulty and by that I don't mean enemies have double the hearts and do twice the damage but rather in two specific areas: combat and puzzles. Strategic combat in the series (Skyward sword not included) is limited to "attacking the front ain't working try the back" or "attack it's weak point for massive damage" or something else to that degree. It'd be nice if they could let you analyze your enemies like it was a puzzle of some sort. As for environmental/dungeon puzzles something more than find a key to progress or push that block there would be welcomed.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

Kewlan

@MrBlutzIII Agreed.
@WhiteNoise17 Agreed.
Ocarina of Time had made the combat seem difficult because you had to wait a lot... which was really just an illusion. (Egoraptor, anybody?)
How about instead they give you fights which require actual skill... imagine this:
You're riding in the open field and then suddenly there appears an enemy. He's protected on the sides, and you need to attack him from above. Remember how Link jumped from his horse? HERE you have to jump from the horse and aim down on the enemy. But you have to be going at a good speed with your horse so you don't land on your feet too close to the enemy so you won't be left vulnerable and open for incoming attacks. So instead you have to be precise with the horse movement and then aim with your bow. Then when he's weakened you can just slash away.
-
Another interesting fight would be against a really fast enemy, where you have to go top-speed with your horse and chase it. Maybe even add attacks to that enemy, so you have to dodge too. That also requires skill: Dodge good enough so you still can catch up to the enemy.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic