Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 421 to 440 of 15,210

ClockworkMario

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

Maybe, just here me out this game will have something to fly you to places and not just the horse imagine a horse-loftwing combo.

So... a pegasus?

Warp points are a must for a world as big as they claim it'll be. They still got to have random events popping out left and right, like, say enemy battalions marching around the overworld or raging storms raising out of nowhere, but to satisfy those (like me) who don't want to travel from one edge of the map to the other for the eighteenth time, warping has to be implemented.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

19Robb92

Dark-Luigi wrote:

A thing I want back is the ability to sprint.

Yeah, I'm going to go crazy if that doesn't return. And not just sprinting, but the ability to climb faster on vines etc. has to return as well.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

The_Ninja

I would actually be fine if sprinting was gone, because the stamina system could get really annoying at some times. Just give me a way to travel (horse/loftwing), faster walking speed and rolling without getting dizzy or tired (looking at you, Skyward Sword and the DS games!) , and I'm fine.

But I hope the game's temple's are really big like OOT's temples, have some easter eggs (Spirit Temple, I'm looking at your statue's hookshotable ''melons'' if you catch my drift) and make every dungeon have a item. I love items in zelda games, and I love it when there are MANY. This is crazy, but I want the temples to be 4x the amount in MM. 12 temples? Yeah, 12 temples. 8 worked in OOT, why not 12 in this one? More would be even better IMO! An option to to use a normal controller (GC controller pls but pro controller is also fine) touch controls (GAMEPAD, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE) and motion+ controls (loved this)

Touch controls would be pretty cool IMO, for the first time touch controls on a zelda game that isnt on the DS.

I don't want too many new gimmicks though, I'm fine with using the gamepad mic at some times, but rather not.

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

Maybe, just here me out this game will have something to fly you to places and not just the horse imagine a horse-loftwing combo.

We're obviously getting the horse , but I want the loftwing back too. It would be awesome to combine land and sky! That makes me think, that certain temples should be on land, and certain in the sky! Also, I want mini dungeons back! Something like the Pirate's Fortress in Majoras Mask! You need to clear the mini dungeon before doing the real deal (the temple)

HappyHappyist wrote:

powerups. I want skills, like maybe a skill tree to make Link more versatile in traveling or combat.

Powerups? No thanks... Skills on the other hand, sounds awesome. We already got something similar in Minish Cap, I don't remember much of it though. IIRC it was like doing a side quest to earn scrolls, or something like that. Would love it to come back though, but I think it shouldn't be optional this time. It should be that before you advance to the next dungeon, someone appears and teaches you a new skill, that's required to beat the boss, or solve puzzles in there or something.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

LzWinky

erv wrote:

I'd like the no warp points bigworld setup, if that means the journey will always be different - the world should be quite dense and cleverly designed to make sure that works in the first place, but hey...

And I like the idea of some buddy with wings, if the gameplay allows for it.

The world will not be different on every journey from point A to B. Warps exist to cut out the unnecessary repetitive travelling. If only real life had warp points too

Also, if I had to go all the way north for one task, I should NOT have to spend 30 minutes travelling. First of all, that's a waste of time. Second, I'll get distracted too many times to ever complete the task

The_Ninja wrote:

More would be even better IMO! An option to to use a normal controller (GC controller pls but pro controller is also fine) touch controls (GAMEPAD, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE) and motion+ controls (loved this)

I disagree. They should have either buttons or motion control. Having both would involve cutting corners somewhere in the coding to keep it from being too complicated. Skyward Sword was designed around motion controls and Twilight Princess was not, and the difference is quite obvious.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

DestinyMan wrote:

I know everyone's interested in the overworld (aren't we all?) but is the villain in this game going to be Ganon or another new one? I have a feeling it's going to be another new one. I just hope it's not a weirdo like Ghirahim or Yuga.

I want a villain that stabs Ganondorf in the back

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Samurai_Goroh

I want Vaati as a villain but I know it's not going to happen. This Zelda doesn't seem to fit in the Minish Cap/ Four Swords arch. I'm sick of having a foe on the first half of the story that turns out to be nothing more than a puppet for Ganondorf. It's been overdone.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

LzWinky

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

I want Vaati as a villain but I know it's not going to happen. This Zelda doesn't seem to fit in the Minish Cap/ Four Swords arch. I'm sick of having a foe on the first half of the story that turns out to be nothing more than a puppet for Ganondorf. It's been overdone.

What if...hear me out...Ganondorf was the puppet all along?!

Jazzer94

DestinyMan wrote:

I know everyone's interested in the overworld (aren't we all?) but is the villain in this game going to be Ganon or another new one? I have a feeling it's going to be another new one. I just hope it's not a weirdo like Ghirahim or Yuga.

Ghirahim was the best character by far in Skyward Sword (one of my favorite Zelda characters), every scene with him was so entertaining.

The final showdown with him was awesome [youtube:qHtO9q7s66o]

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Rezalack

Thanks @Jazzer94 now I want to play Skyward Sword again.. lol. I wasn't a fan of Ghirahim at first but he grew on me, watching that video makes me like him even more now. It would have been really cool to see him as a playable in Hyrule Warriors. I wouldn't mind seeing him return in a main Zelda entry either, the first time I fought him in Skyward Sword it felt like such a new experience in boss fighting. I loved it.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

WhiteNoise17

Ok first off I definitely agree with @The_Ninja about more temples and such, I mean why can't there just be explorable temples not related to the story but not mini-dungeons with secret items or special sword skills. Also the running mechanic needs to return for faster travel in places like dungeons, towns, and grottos and places you can't bring in your horse and I didn't know it makes you climb faster but, take away the stamina bar. also when I said horse and loftwing combo I meant having them both (with their own strengths so you don't pick just one over the other) to explore land and air. Finally I'd love another "some men just wanna watch the world burn" type villain who doesn't want to gain anything just destroy Hyrule.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

Sleepingmudkip

i hope this game ties the timeline together so we can have just one timeline

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Jazzer94

@Spuratis Yeah first fight was great, normally the first boss just follows the pattern of run in and swing Link's blade like mad but when Ghirahim just grabs the blade like it was nothing just made the whole fight feel epic.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Whydoievenbother

So.... What should we call the enemy in the trailer? I have no idea why but i think he should call it Carl.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Yoshi

Kodeen wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

So.... What should we call the enemy in the trailer? I have no idea why but i think he should call it Carl.

Carl's Jr, just to be safe.

I was thinking Hardee's, but that's just me.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Kewlan

brewsky wrote:

I was thinking Hardee's, but that's just me.

Because of his swaying "arms"? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

WhiteNoise17

It looks like one of those aliens from that Chicken Little movie. I think its just a glorified Beamos though

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

The_Ninja

I wanted to note that, this game might be a ''indrustial age" zelda. Look at the arrow Link used! So high-tech! I hope that it brings back the timeshift stones from Skyward Sword too! I think this might be the same Link from Spirit Tracks, but then he aged a lot. The thing is, he kinda looks more like WW Link.. but you know, all grown up.

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Dreamz

DestinyMan wrote:

It's not that I hate Ghirahim or Yuga; it's just that I think the next villain should be a menace and intimidating like Demise.

I found Demise himself to be really, really bland. I like Ghirahim far better.

MrMario02 wrote:

Didn't they say that that was an octorok?

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Yoshi

On the topic of Octorocks...POP QUIZ!

Every Zelda game except one has featured Octorocks in some form. Which Zelda game did not? EDIT: I'm referring to canonical Zelda games, not the CD-I or BS games.

No cheating, now. This is a test of Zelda knowledge, not how well you can Google something.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

ClockworkMario

The_Ninja wrote:

I wanted to note that, this game might be a ''indrustial age" zelda. Look at the arrow Link used! So high-tech! I hope that it brings back the timeshift stones from Skyward Sword too! I think this might be the same Link from Spirit Tracks, but then he aged a lot. The thing is, he kinda looks more like WW Link.. but you know, all grown up.

Remember that the timeshift stones turned the clock backwards, so all that high tech stuff was created ages ago and then forgotten (possibly because of the war). That means that technological advancements don't necessarily go hand in hand with how 'recent' the games are in the Zelda universe.

I suppose anythings possible at this stage, but it's not often Nintendo releases sequels with the same Link, and on a completely different system and a with a fairly different art style? I don't think so.

@Brewsky
I feel kind of dirty just mentioning this, but perhaps that CD-I Zelda game (if they can even be called that) where you control Zelda herself.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic