Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 401 to 420 of 15,210

WebHead

Perhaps, but I don't want to spend 30 minutes just getting from a potion shop to a dungeon entrance.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Spoony_Tech

I love the way Shadow of the Colossus did the overworld. I wouldn't mind that size and set up tbh. Yes they need to add more stuff in from point a to b but they did that game so well I hope they model a little bit off of it!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I love the way Shadow of the Colossus did the overworld. I wouldn't mind that size and set up tbh. Yes they need to add more stuff in from point a to b but they did that game so well I hope they model a little bit off of it!

Shadow of the Colossus' overworld worked because it was Shadow of the Colossus. Most of the things unique about it have no relevance in a Zelda game unless normal enemies are gone in the overworld.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

WhiteNoise17

A Zelda game without any way to warp? Imagine if they would have did that in TP I couldn't go from Hyrule castle to the desert providence without using that stupid canon and walking across the desert every time I wanted to go to the Mirror Chamber. Though do I think they'd add plenty to the overworld to make sure that there's plenty to do in the time you'll take to get from dungeon to village or Great Fairy Fountain and if it has enough to discover a Zelda game without any warp points would be well justified in my opinion.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

Kewlan

I think there should be no warp points, but you instead get your horse early on. But they also have to make the journey and travel more interactive by throwing interesting (and maybe useful for the drop) enemies, or you might discover a new place because the original path got broken (the bridge in the trailer?) or some other random event.
It will also force you to plan ahead if you want to save time, which I think would be good.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

19Robb92

They better have warp points. There's no negative aspect to that feature. If you don't want to use them, then don't.

I don't want to waste my time riding through the same places I've been before a million times. That's such a waste of time for me.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Dreamz

19Robb92 wrote:

They better have warp points. There's no negative aspect to that feature. If you don't want to use them, then don't.

I don't want to waste my time riding through the same places I've been before a million times. That's such a waste of time for me.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I generally don't use warp features. Warping from point of interest to point of interest isn't an adventure, it's a tour.

The important factor is whether the world is dynamic; if the game is constructed well, going from point A to point B isn't a chore, it's a small adventure in and of itself. A great example of this is Guild Wars 2 - random events pop up all over the map, and while sure, you can teleport all over the place, half the fun is encountering the random events in a moderately dynamic (especially by conventional MMORPG standards) world.

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

19Robb92

Dreamz wrote:

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I generally don't use warp features. Warping from point of interest to point of interest isn't an adventure, it's a tour.

I don't use them like that though.

I love exploring. But when I'm out on the field cutting grass in a Zelda and suddenly the companion pops out and says "Hey buddy, we should go to Hyrule Castle for the 10th time and visit Zelda again now" I'm not going to ride there again. I'm going to warp because backtracking or going from point A to B in repeat isn't something that gives me an "adventurous" feel, it's just a waste of time.

But hey, that might just be me.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Kewlan

I think we're having a different picture of what Zelda U is going to be.

But yeah, if you have to go to Hyrule Castle 10 times each time from another corner of the world, warp points would be useful. But that's not how I hope they do it, I want it to have more freedom.

By the way, has anyone ever complained about the walking in the first Zelda game?

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

8BitSamurai

Kewlan wrote:

I think we're having a different picture of what Zelda U is going to be.

But yeah, if you have to go to Hyrule Castle 10 times each time from another corner of the world, warp points would be useful. But that's not how I hope they do it, I want it to have more freedom.

By the way, has anyone ever complained about the walking in the first Zelda game?

This Zelda game is likely to have a far larger overworld than any other Zelda before, let alone the first one, though.

Personally, I can't imagine this game being made without any warp points. That would be hours of just walking.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

WhiteNoise17

Maybe, just here me out this game will have something to fly you to places and not just the horse imagine a horse-loftwing combo.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

Kewlan

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

Maybe, just here me out this game will have something to fly you to places and not just the horse imagine a horse-loftwing combo.

Untitled

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

19Robb92

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

I wouldn't mind a normal Loftwing or something like that either.

That'd be what I hoped Skyward Sword would be and it would create a very fast way to travel.

Samurai_Goroh

Dreamz wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

The important factor is whether the world is dynamic; if the game is constructed well, going from point A to point B isn't a chore, it's a small adventure in and of itself. A great example of this is Guild Wars 2 - random events pop up all over the map, and while sure, you can teleport all over the place, half the fun is encountering the random events in a moderately dynamic (especially by conventional MMORPG standards) world.

I support this view. One of my favourite things on Twilight Princess was riding Epona throughout that majestic scenery. I also enjoyed the sailing in Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. It's not a chore to me at all. If some random events pop out from time to time in Hyrule Field/The Great Sea/whatever, better still.

Samurai_Goroh

19Robb92

I don't see the argument. A warp feature wouldn't force you guys to skip out on any of that "exploration" you seem to enjoy so much. So why take such a feature out? Makes no sense since it's a optional feature..

Edited on by 19Robb92

LzWinky

The journey is great...for the first hour or two...then it's just a chore after that. Bring back the warp points.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dark-Luigi

A thing I want back is the ability to sprint.

The least I seen Link do was a slight jog. The only time I got him to run was to get the special boots, doing forward rolls, or wearing bunny ears on his head.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

erv

I'd like the no warp points bigworld setup, if that means the journey will always be different - the world should be quite dense and cleverly designed to make sure that works in the first place, but hey...

And I like the idea of some buddy with wings, if the gameplay allows for it.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Jazzer94

I don't want the stamina bar to return.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

HappyHappyist

powerups. I want skills, like maybe a skill tree to make Link more versatile in traveling or combat.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic