Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 15,201

CaviarMeths

I'm gonna need a 300 page artbook for this game. Nintendo best deliver.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Octane

@Haru17: Horse's character design? I can already imagine Epona talking: ''This is actually a bit embarrassing for me to admit, but...although I am indeed a horse that possesses the power of speech... I possess no saddle.''

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

@Haru17: Horse's character design? I can already imagine Epona talking: ''This is actually a bit embarrassing for me to admit, but...although I am indeed a horse that possesses the power of speech... I possess no saddle.''

You can already talk to Epona in Minish Cap.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haru17

cookiex wrote:

^The only thing the two gifs there seem to share is that they're both cel-shaded. The character proportion, body and facial animation, and even the backdrop in the latter is more Skyward Sword/Twilight Princess.

Influence =/= copying you pedantic pedantacist!

Point is, both of the games have very expressive facial / hair animation, cel-shading, and an overall texturing that resembles a moving watercolor painting.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

cookiex wrote:

^The only thing the two gifs there seem to share is that they're both cel-shaded. The character proportion, body and facial animation, and even the backdrop in the latter is more Skyward Sword/Twilight Princess.

Influence =/= copying you pedantic pedantacist!

Point is, both of the games have very expressive facial / hair animation, cel-shading, and an overall texturing that resembles a moving watercolor painting.

So in other words, they're both cel-shaded.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Nicolai

@Haru17: I gotta agree with @SpookyMeths, they both look completely different except for the cell-shadedness to me. Wind Waker doesn't look like watercolour to me at all, and neither does Zelda U that much. It's really only Skyward Sword that looks like watercolour paintings to me.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

Nicolai wrote:

@Haru17: I gotta agree with @SpookyMeths, they both look completely different except for the cell-shadedness to me. Wind Waker doesn't look like watercolour to me at all, and neither does Zelda U that much. It's really only Skyward Sword that looks like watercolour paintings to me.

Lol, nope. Skyward Sword looks more like chalk than anything.

Dezzy

More Twilight Princess HD hinting:

http://www.destructoid.com/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princ...

This is looking good. Unless there are 2 separate groups of people trying to play with us, it looks fairly definite. Just making it look like that retextured version on the destructoid page would be a great update:

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Wait, what's the source for that pic and why is Link's tunic all janky?

Right now this doesn't look official at all. It could just be leaked test files.

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

It's just a screenshot someone made. No one is claiming it's real.

Ah, well that makes more sense.

Also, experience the brilliance of that article's writing: "But I'm some of you would rather have Skyward Sword HD, right?"

Edited on by Haru17

shaneoh

Haru17 wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

It's just a screenshot someone made. No one is claiming it's real.

Ah, well that makes more sense.

Also, experience the brilliance of that article's writing: "But I'm some of you would rather have Skyward Sword HD, right?"

If you'd heard about an email one of my colleagues sent today you could forgive this small error.

Morpheel wrote:

They one word, I do it all the time.

They either missed a word, or added an extra one. They either needed to add "sure after "I'm," or take out "I'm" entirely.

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Joeynator3000

checks on thread, looks back a few pages
...ok the whole "Morpheel was my least favorite boss" thing made my night. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

Good show, sir! Well played, I say.

Untitled

As an occasional newspaper writer myself, I'd have more sympathy if the article was more than all of 300 words.

Edited on by Haru17

whodatninja

Morpheel wrote:

Yeah me too, it's the worst. I didn't notice... But my brain did.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

Wait, what's the source for that pic and why is Link's tunic all janky?

Right now this doesn't look official at all. It could just be leaked test files.

That just came from an HD texture pack someone made for the Dolphin emulator a while back. They weren't claiming this was part of the supposed upcoming remaster.

Edited on by Dezzy

LzWinky

Dezzy wrote:

More Twilight Princess HD hinting:

http://www.destructoid.com/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princ...

This is looking good. Unless there are 2 separate groups of people trying to play with us, it looks fairly definite. Just making it look like that retextured version on the destructoid page would be a great update:

Untitled

Uh, that's no hint. The article is the same rumor as before

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dezzy

LztheQuack wrote:

Uh, that's no hint. The article is the same rumor as before

You'll have to point me to where that was posted, cos I hadn't seen it. I was certainly ahead of the homepage in reporting it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic