Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,281 to 3,300 of 15,201

gcunit

whodatninja wrote:

I would just like some info on Zelda U, a screenshot, a release window, ANYTHING AT ALL, but they're not giving it to us. It's getting ridiculous. For all we know it's gone back to the drawing board.

Last night I was mulling over the idea of boycotting any more Nintendo products until some concrete information about the plans for the release window of Zelda U is published.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dezzy

gcunit wrote:

Last night I was mulling over the idea of boycotting any more Nintendo products until some concrete information about the plans for the release window of Zelda U is published.

After Xenoblade and Star Fox come out, I'm gonna be boycotting all other currently announced Wii U games until Zelda comes out......

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Dezzy wrote:

gcunit wrote:

After Xenoblade and Star Fox come out, I'm gonna be boycotting all other currently announced Wii U games until Zelda comes out......

I just think it's ridiculous how other games are coming while Zelda U hasn't even had a real trailer. We still don't even know its name!!! Go ahead and announce TP HD, Aonuma! Go ahead! When people write articles asking where Zelda U is and why is Zelda remakes dominating development instead of other 1st party Nintendo that deserves it even more... What will he say? "Well, uhhhh... I don't have a trailer for Zelda U. But, ummm.... Here's TP HD! Alot of you guys just buy anything Zelda related so enjoy it! Don't ask about Zelda U!!!". I can already imagine the criticism coming. And is this what Rogersbase and other YouTubers found out about?! A freaking TP HD remake? I love the game but I'm just shaking my head here. I honestly don't imagine him announcing TP HD AND showing a new Zelda U trailer in a Direct. Zelda U will be left in the shadows of development limbo.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

jariw wrote:

How do you know NX is "stronger hardware"? Do you have the spec? How do you know a TP HD title would be launched in early 2016? How do you know Zelda U arrives in November 2016? You just seem to speculate about "timing" on a huge number of factors you can't prove with any facts.

Well, for one it'll obviously be easier to make a stronger machine for a similar price four years later without having to pack in a tablet controller.

If NX isn't a stronger piece of hardware than the Wii U and is going after the noncommittal Wii gamers... then it fail. Of course it's gonna be stronger hardware and I can't imagine TP HD coming in 2015. I think it's 2016. If TP HD somehow is truly 2015 then Nintendo deserves even more criticism because that should've been announced at E3. So much Zelda going on... Jeez, man. Triforce Heroes, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Zelda U and now this! Twilight Princess HD! Jeez!

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

whodatninja wrote:

I would just like some info on Zelda U, a screenshot, a release window, ANYTHING AT ALL, but they're not giving it to us. It's getting ridiculous. For all we know it's gone back to the drawing board.

Agreed. Zelda U hasn't even had a real trailer nor we don't know its name. It's disappeared and its very sad because I think we won't see it again until E3 2016... which almost guarantees its also coming to NX.

Master of the Hype Train

whodatninja

Blast wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Agreed. Zelda U hasn't even had a real trailer nor we don't know its name. It's disappeared and its very sad because I think we won't see it again until E3 2016... which almost guarantees its also coming to NX.

We all know when this happened to Twilight Princess, the Wii and Gamecube were more or less equally powerful consoles. This may (or may not?) be the case with NX and Wii U. Will we get two different games then? Would Nintendo do that? Or will they favour NX and leave out Wii U completely? Just laying out the worst case scenario here... What else can we do when Nintendo is so freaking secretive about EVERYTHING that isn't 3DS!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

CaviarMeths

"Boycotting" is such a weird word to use if it's not a large, organized movement with a clear goal. If you refuse to buy Nintendo products until more information is available, that's not boycotting... it's being a cautious consumer.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

whodatninja wrote:

Blast wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

We all know when this happened to Twilight Princess, the Wii and Gamecube were more or less equally powerful consoles. This may (or may not?) be the case with NX and Wii U. Will we get two different games then? Would Nintendo do that? Or will they favour NX and leave out Wii U completely? Just laying out the worst case scenario here... What else can we do when Nintendo is so freaking secretive about EVERYTHING that isn't 3DS!

NX version will probably be better because its (assumably) stronger hardware than Wii U. Nintendo will probably give NX version exclusive stuff to encourage double dipping from Zelda U version owners. Sad situation but that's my guess.

Master of the Hype Train

Octane

Blast wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Blast wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

NX version will probably be better because its (assumably) stronger hardware than Wii U. Nintendo will probably give NX version exclusive stuff to encourage double dipping from Zelda U version owners. Sad situation but that's my guess.

I find it funny that everyone's comparing Zelda U to TP in regards to the cross-gen availability, but then suggest that Zelda U will probably have exclusive content for the NX. Look at TP, it was literally the same game on both systems, only mirrored to suit the Wii Remote.

Octane

gcunit

SpookyMeths wrote:

"Boycotting" is such a weird word to use if it's not a large, organized movement with a clear goal. If you refuse to buy Nintendo products until more information is available, that's not boycotting... it's being a cautious consumer.

Boycott - to refuse to have dealings with (a person, organization, etc) or refuse to buy (a product) as a protest or means of coercion - Collins English Dictionary

Boycott - an act of voluntarily abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest - Wikipedia

No mention of large organised movement with clear goal in either. You're projecting your own narrow understanding onto what is a more general term.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

TuVictus

I'd argue that the wii mote integration was the exclusive content. I mean, yeah, it was pretty bad, but the hype for the motion controls was still really strong so back then, people probably saw it as a reason to get the game. If the controls aren't that hype-inducer for the NX, I would imagine some sort of incentive for Wii U owners to double dip.

Of course this is all just baseless speculation on my part

TuVictus

Blast

NX Zelda U version will probably have better graphics and a extra dungeon or something. Zelda U will most likely have nothing exclusive to brag about. I hate to say that but I bet that's what's gonna happen.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

gcunit wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Boycott - to refuse to have dealings with (a person, organization, etc) or refuse to buy (a product) as a protest or means of coercion - Collins English Dictionary

Boycott - an act of voluntarily abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest - Wikipedia

No mention of large organised movement with clear goal in either. You're projecting your own narrow understanding onto what is a more general term.

Give @SpookyMeths a break. His understanding of the word is his understanding of the word.

Master of the Hype Train

jump

It's less boycott and more is there anything worth buying.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

Blast wrote:

NX Zelda U version will probably have better graphics and a extra dungeon or something. Zelda U will most likely have nothing exclusive to brag about. I hate to say that but I bet that's what's gonna happen.

@Blast: You already said that. I pointed out that the Wii version of Twilight Princess didn't have exclusive content, you completely ignored my post, and you say the same thing again. What's the problem?

Octane

Blast

Octane wrote:

Blast wrote:

@Blast: You already said that. I pointed out that the Wii version of Twilight Princess didn't have exclusive content, you completely ignored my post, and you say the same thing again. What's the problem?

How else can Nintendo convince Wii U owners to double dip on the NX version? And like @Operative said. Wii's TP had motion controls which was a very immersive mechanic for many people. Gamecube version didn't have that. I bet Nintendo is also borderline desperate to get the NX version to sell.... And I'm a bazillion percent positive the NX version will look better than the Wii U version.

Master of the Hype Train

jump

Blast wrote:

Octane wrote:

Blast wrote:

You already said that. I pointed out that the Wii version of Twilight Princess didn't have exclusive content, you completely ignored my post, and you say the same thing again. What's the problem?

How else can Nintendo convince Wii U owners to double dip on the NX version? And like said. Wii's TP had motion controls which was a very immersive mechanic for many people. Gamecube version didn't have that. I bet Nintendo is also borderline desperate to get the NX version to sell.... And I'm a bazillion percent positive the NX version will look better than the Wii U version.

I think something people miss with the NGC & Wii TP comparison is that not alot of people had a NGC in the first place so they didn't really need to cohert that audience to double dip.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Blast

arronishere wrote:

Blast wrote:

Octane wrote:

Blast wrote:

You already said that. I pointed out that the Wii version of Twilight Princess didn't have exclusive content, you completely ignored my post, and you say the same thing again. What's the problem?

How else can Nintendo convince Wii U owners to double dip on the NX version? And like @Operative said. Wii's TP had motion controls which was a very immersive mechanic for many people. Gamecube version didn't have that. I bet Nintendo is also borderline desperate to get the NX version to sell.... And I'm a bazillion percent positive the NX version will look better than the Wii U version.

I think something people miss with the NGC & Wii TP comparison is that not alot of people had a NGC in the first place so they didn't really need to cohert that audience to double dip.

You guys are gonna be in a rude awakening when NX version gets exclusive content and looks better than the Wii U version. I'm already prepared for the disgust and outcry from Wii U owners like myself when it gets revealed. I've already accepted that this situation is messed up and screwed up. If the NX version doesn't have anything exclusive then I will eat my own words.

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

Tfw you get an email notification at work because someone had to let you know that the dictionary was quoted.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

SpookyMeths wrote:

Tfw you get an email notification at work because someone had to let you know that the dictionary was quoted.

LOL

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic