Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 15,210

Blast

I can already imagine how its gonna happen in a Nintendo Direct... Instead of showing new Zelda Wii U footage, Eiji Aonuma announces Twilight Princess HD for Wii U for 2016. Aonuma: "I don't have any new Zelda footage ready until E3 which is ironically when we'll talk about NX. coughs loudly But, um... Here's yet another Zelda game! I know some of you feel like Triforce Heroes just came out but here's Twilight Princess HD! You guys like that, right?"

This timing is just so freaking horrible to me its not even funny.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dezzy

Hmmm I saw someone in the comments of another article suggest that it's definitely not a Wii version because those have different icons on the eshop. Dunno if that's true.
A full HD remaster for the Wii U COULD be that big news that some youtuber suggested was coming from Nintendo. I think that'd probably qualify as the 9/10 hype they'd suggested.

Personally, I'd be thrilled for this. The original looks a bit rough today, especially the texturing. I just hope they announce it soon if they're going to. I'm currently playing through the gamecube version so should probably wait if they're remastering it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

At_Lazuli

I'm almost positive this means nothing but I realized that when the Gamecube was 1st shown off we saw an (at the time) next gen tech demo of Link fighting Ganon, then we ended up getting Windwaker and a Twilight Princess cross gen release Gamecube also failed and now with the Wii U when it was 1st announced we saw this next gen (at least for Nintendo) tech demo of Link fighting aracnogoma (yes i forgot its name) then we got Windwaker HD and Zelda Wii U is probably gonna be a cross gen release also on the NX Wii U is failing. yeah I just thought that was funny coincidence and wanted to point it out

Edited on by At_Lazuli

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4150-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: CosmicLuigi83 | Twitter:

At_Lazuli

@Tsurii: yeah and even if they did just start work on it a while a go Windwaker HD only took 6 months to develop according to aonuma

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

Haru17

Tsurii wrote:

Also...a remake could mean we're getting hero mode TP and I really don't care if I get to play that on Wii U, NX or a toaster as long as I get to play a more difficult TP

The second coming of Twilight Princess, now in full HD:

Untitled

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

TheMonadoSenpai wrote:

@Tsurii: yeah and even if they did just start work on it a while a go Windwaker HD only took 6 months to develop according to aonuma

That was because they didn't change any of the assets (at least I don't think they did, though maybe they polished a few of the textures).
I imagine Twilight Princess would take longer. There's a LOT of texturing they'd need to redo to have it look good on the Wii U. Of course, they could pilfer a fair amount of that from Hyrule Warriors (assuming they had ownership of those assets, I can't remember what the deal with that game was)

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

At_Lazuli

@Dezzy: oh I didnt know that

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

...they could pilfer a fair amount of that from Hyrule Warriors...

NOPE, NOPE, NOPE. Compromised trash: burn it, kill it, quash it!

Blast

Even if they go full out on Twilight Princess HD... I still think it's bad timing. No offense to Wii U because I love it but TP HD should be on stronger hardware and as a NX launch game, in my opinion. Putting TP HD as a early 2016 game with Zelda Wii U coming in November 2016 is kind of weird.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

Blast wrote:

Even if they go full out on Twilight Princess HD... I still think it's bad timing. No offense to Wii U because I love it but TP HD should be on stronger hardware and as a NX launch game, in my opinion. Putting TP HD as a early 2016 game with Zelda Wii U coming in November 2016 is kind of weird.

I would tend to agree. Plus on more powerful hardware they could probably hit 1080p 60.

Eel

It would be funny if just unceremoniously appeared on the eShop one day.

No announcements. No directs. Just the game appearing like that.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CaviarMeths

I would be all over a WWHD style upgrade so hopefully there's ground for this, but I will believe nothing until I hear official confirmation.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jariw

Blast wrote:

How do you know NX is "stronger hardware"? Do you have the spec? How do you know a TP HD title would be launched in early 2016? How do you know Zelda U arrives in November 2016? You just seem to speculate about "timing" on a huge number of factors you can't prove with any facts.

jariw

Haru17

jariw wrote:

How do you know NX is "stronger hardware"? Do you have the spec? How do you know a TP HD title would be launched in early 2016? How do you know Zelda U arrives in November 2016? You just seem to speculate about "timing" on a huge number of factors you can't prove with any facts.

Well, for one it'll obviously be easier to make a stronger machine for a similar price four years later without having to pack in a tablet controller.

kkslider5552000

Honestly, I think we've had enough Zelda remakes for a while. If they do a quick Wii VC release, cool, but even the small time it took to make Wind Waker HD is too much to waste for the Zelda team and I feel this is kinda remake overload considering how they've tried to make all 3 of those remakes into MAJOR releases in the past 5 years.

Then again, considering how one of my problems with Skyward Sword was it feeling too long, taking time away from Zelda U might be for the best.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

I'm fairly certain it's just a Wii eShop release, if it's anything at all. I would be okay with a TP HD, but the problem is that it will be used as another filler until Zelda U, TP HD would take a fair amount of work to make, we're not talking about new lighting effects and brighter colours; like Wind Waker HD. Every single model has to be upgraded, making it almost easier to build the game up from scratch. It's not something I'd imagine they could do in just a couple of months. So no, I don't think this is an HD remaster.

Octane

jariw

Haru17 wrote:

jariw wrote:

Well, for one it'll obviously be easier to make a stronger machine for a similar price four years later without having to pack in a tablet controller.

So you know that NX will not have a tablet? Source?

jariw

whodatninja

I would just like some info on Zelda U, a screenshot, a release window, ANYTHING AT ALL, but they're not giving it to us. It's getting ridiculous. For all we know it's gone back to the drawing board.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

CaviarMeths

With all the "leaks" and stuff going around, I hope we're on the verge of a Direct. My thirst must be quenched.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

gcunit

jariw wrote:

Blast wrote:

Ditto. And the same goes for the tablet point, obvs.

However, so long as speculation is presented as speculation, I'm all for it:

It seems quite possible that Nintendo is hoping to lineup a rich selection for the NX release window. They want the release to make an impact and so I am half-expecting a brand new Mario experience, and a new Zelda, to come out when the NX launches or shortly afterwards.

Given that the NX launch is some way off, going by the lack of information on it, it seems reasonable to think a TP HD release this autumn/fall is quite possible. I've never played TP (other than launching it to create a save file and softmod my Wii back in the day) so I don't know what it would entail, but given how well games like Watch_Dogs run on Wii U (which is very well, despite what some would have you believe), I've no reason to think Wii U isn't perfectly suited to running a TP HD. Indeed, with it's gyro aiming it's positively ideal, I would have thought.

Looking forward to an HD release. If it's just Wii VC then I'll save a few quid and get the disc from ebay.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic