Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 15,201

Seacliff

Dang, I remember getting stuck on Ramrock for the longest time, spending almost a half hour in the boss room dodging attacks trying to figure out what to do. It was sooo satisfying when I found his weakness. Good times, I want to see more Zelda bosses like this.

Seacliff

Octane

shaneoh wrote:

Octane wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Octane wrote:

Now the real question is, who is the only 6-stage boss in Zelda?

I want to say Zant, but was that 6?

Yes! Forest Temple, Goron Mines, Lakebed Temple, Forest Temple again, Snowpeak Ruins and the last phase takes place on Hyrule Field.

There are 6 forms to Shadow Nightmare from Link's Awakening

Fair enough, didn't think about Shadow Nightmare!

Octane

Smash_kirby

I want to see the bunny hood in Zelda U. I think it would be a great addition.

Smash_kirby

Dezzy

That's a better direction this thread could go in: what do people want to see?

Most of all, I just want to see them making an interesting open world. I want a bit of that Skyrim feeling (although not too much) where there's something new or interesting around every corner. They've really struggled to do that with Zelda in the past. The biggest Zelda worlds, which I guess were Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, were both pretty terrible in my opinion.

I'd also like to see them going down the Deus Ex root a bit and allowed multiple solutions to certain problems. So maybe the open world can be exploited to allow a few different ways to reach a certain landmark. Stuff like that.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

LzWinky

A villain where the plot twist is that he/she/it isn't a puppet of Ganon!!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Bolt_Strike

LztheQuack wrote:

A villain where the plot twist is that he/she/it isn't a puppet of Ganon!!

Maybe they could do the inverse, where the villain appears to be working for Ganon but has their own ulterior motives and ends up betraying him.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Dezzy

Wasn't that true of both the DS games?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Tyranexx

Morpheel wrote:

I don't think Ganon appears at all in those.

(Outside of the back story from PH)

True, though I think the face of the Demon Train in ST kinda resembles Ganondorf.

I'd like to see more fun, unique items added in Zelda U. I've expressed my love for the Spinner, and loved the uses for the Whip in both SS and ST. (Koloktos, anyone?)

I would also love a more fleshed out, open world, though not at the scale of Skyrim.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

That's a better direction this thread could go in: what do people want to see?

Most of all, I just want to see them making an interesting open world. I want a bit of that Skyrim feeling (although not too much) where there's something new or interesting around every corner. They've really struggled to do that with Zelda in the past. The biggest Zelda worlds, which I guess were Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, were both pretty terrible in my opinion.

See, the thing is I don't want to run around to map objectives or filler side quests in a Zelda game. If Zelda U is 'an open world game' it'll be terrible. I want the open world to be a mix of Shadow of the Colossus and Twilight Princess; largely there for effect (the effect is that it's pretty and diverse), but also with little puzzles and collectables hidden about. A feeling of connectivity is also important.

But largely I want them to just leave every 'quest' the the main quest and a few, select side quests.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

I have serious anti-hype for the whip. It's basically the grappling hook with less utility (can't Indiana Jones it up and swing out of the way of danger) and more obvious / scripted uses in puzzles. That and the fact that it looks like a Happy Meal(tm) toy.

Anyway, in Zelda U I want all the transportation items. We already got the deku leaf, clutch, so next I want a grappling hook / hookshot hybrid that can work off of every bit of wood in the world, just like in OoT. Granted, the grappling hook could have some redundancy with the deku leaf (the sailcloth is a bad name).

The spinner could be truly epic in a world of this scale, but they would have to include enough ruins and tracks for it to be worthwhile.

And, of course, we already got bomb arrows, so the ball & chain could fill out the 'fun to mess about with' slots, barring any new, revolutionary ideas.

Blast

What I want in Zelda U...? Well, off the top of my head....
1: Actually engaging combat
2: Rematch with Dark Link
3: Fanservice but not over the top fanservice but a cute scene of good ol' Link overhearing Zelda saying he's a good guy can go a long way. And also a scene of Link and Zelda drinking Lon Lon Milk together would be nice.
4: Lana is referenced or is in Zelda U
5: Either make Ganondorf a very intimating villain or get him out of here. He has one more chance to not be like Bowser. If he's a garbage villain in Zelda U then I'm officially done with that guy.
6: Good post game content.
7: Being rewarded for exploring.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Octane

I just realised that there wasn't a hammer in TP, nor in SS. I'm not sure how that would even work with a style with more realistic proportions.

@Haru17: So basically Wind Waker on land. You were able to travel to wherever you wanted to go, but not everything was accesible right from the beginning. Certain items were needed to enter certain dungeons or access certain islands. I think that's a good system. In that way, they could still implement a dungeon order to a degree, eliminating the problem that every dungeon has to have the same difficulty if you could tackle them in any order.

Octane

Eel

Then again, for a rather large chunck of Wind Waker you're severely restricted on where to go by the mysterious power of "nope".

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Octane wrote:

I just realised that there wasn't a hammer in TP, nor in SS. I'm not sure how that would even work with a style with more realistic proportions.

I mean, the ball & chain does all of the same things, and is more fun in that it provides a different gameplay than the sword (stand in front of something and jab it at it).

So basically Wind Waker on land.

That's not quite how I would put it... I hope it's not that sparse.

You were able to travel to wherever you wanted to go, but not everything was accesible right from the beginning. Certain items were needed to enter certain dungeons or access certain islands. I think that's a good system. In that way, they could still implement a dungeon order to a degree, eliminating the problem that every dungeon has to have the same difficulty if you could tackle them in any order.

Yeah, I hope it does gating, but not like the Wind Waker. TWW just had invisible walls for half the game. I hope Zelda U has naturalistic progression gating, sorta like Ocarina of Time had. You know; 'you need gear to not freeze to death in the mountains,' 'you need special equipment to survive the desert / volcano heat,' 'you need special gear to sail / dive in the sea,' etc. I want that kind of context.

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

Octane wrote:

I mean, the ball & chain does all of the same things, and is more fun in that it provides a different gameplay than the sword (stand in front of something and jab it at it).

So basically Wind Waker on land.

That's not quite how I would put it... I hope it's not that sparse.

You were able to travel to wherever you wanted to go, but not everything was accesible right from the beginning. Certain items were needed to enter certain dungeons or access certain islands. I think that's a good system. In that way, they could still implement a dungeon order to a degree, eliminating the problem that every dungeon has to have the same difficulty if you could tackle them in any order.

Yeah, I hope it does gating, but not like the Wind Waker. TWW just had invisible walls for half the game. I hope Zelda U has naturalistic progression gating, sorta like Ocarina of Time had. You know; 'you need gear to not freeze to death in the mountains,' 'you need special equipment to survive the desert / volcano heat,' 'you need special gear to sail / dive in the sea,' etc. I want that kind of context.

Oh yeah, I agree. Didn't mean vast grassy fields with here and there a cluster of things to do. Obviously more like TP, but even TP was rather sparse in areas like Hyrule Field. Now I do think that that is acceptable to some extent, meadows and fields aren't that interesting in real life either, but having something more to do would be appreciated. Bring back fishing and bug collecting for example, little side quests that keep you occupied in areas where there's little else to do, is always a good thing.

Anyway, I just meant that the concept of Wind Waker worked pretty well for an ''open world'' game, but I guess that system is used in most Zelda games already. With invisible walls, you mean the forced section early in game, from Outset Island to Dragon Roost? Some kind of tutorial is always needed, I didn't have a problem with that, because you didn't have the means to do anything about it either (e.g. you aren't able to change the wind until you beat the Dragon Roost Cavern). I do agree that there was little to do early on and that most islands required several items to access all of its contents. It wasn't until after the Tower of the Gods that exploring became interesting.

Octane

Chandlero

Haru17 wrote:

Yeah, I hope it does gating, but not like the Wind Waker. TWW just had invisible walls for half the game.

As Octane mentioned, that is not right, actually. There is only one section at the beginning where invisible walls are used. For the rest of the game the whole sea is there to explore and discover. If there were a few more islands, TWW would be perfect in that manner.

Edited on by Chandlero

Eel

If I remember correctly, the invisible walls last until after you beat the second dungeon, which in a game with 5 dungeons is at least a whole 1/4th of the game. More if you don't explore everything.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

Morpheel wrote:

If I remember correctly, the invisible walls last until after you beat the second dungeon, which in a game with 5 dungeons is at least a whole 1/4th of the game. More if you don't explore everything.

Actually no. You can even explore Pawprint Isle on your way to Dragon Roost Island, but your options are limited since you don't have the Wind Waker yet. After Dragon Roost Island you're free to go wherever you want, the game only directs you towards your next destination; Forest Haven.

Octane

Haru17

gaming_24_7 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Yeah, I hope it does gating, but not like the Wind Waker. TWW just had invisible walls for half the game.

As Octane mentioned, that is not right, actually. There is only one section at the beginning where invisible walls are used. For the rest of the game the whole sea is there to explore and discover. If there were a few more islands, TWW would be perfect in that manner.

Yes, 'the first section of the game,' also known as 'until you reach the Tower of the Gods,' also known as 'half the game,' bruh.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic