Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 15,210

Haru17

Blast wrote:

How about a rematch of Link vs Dark Link from Ocarina of Time in Zelda U? I would love to see that in Zelda U. It could either be a optional side boss OR a pivotal boss fight in the story.

I think it's time, but there's only one way to do it.

Not involved in anything else, there's just a secluded half a foot deep lake somewhere out in the world. There could be a gnarled old tree or some kind of ancient ruins there, reflecting in the water. When you find the lake and approach its center the fog thickens, your reflection disappears, and Dark Link appears somewhere out in the distance, behind the clouds of fog. (Basically just like OoT.)

It could be an amazing and atmospheric set piece in the game, but I think it's best if it's not a part of anything else.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

LztheQuack wrote:

Actually, the funny thing about Ocarina's Temples is that you can go in this order: Forest -> Fire, Water, and Spirit -> Shadow

You have to beat Forest to access Spirit and beat Forest, Fire and Water to access Shadow. You don't need the hammer to get into the Spirit Temple, but I do believe you need the Longshot

I think the game wants you to do Spirit Temple last due to needing the Longshot from the Water Temple and the Lens of Truth from the Bottom of the Well. There's also that one puzzle with the silver rupees that's easier with the Hover Boots, but they're not required.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

RR529

Yeah, I as well think the Forest Temple is my favorite in OoT.

While I agree that the Shadow Temple is the spookiest, I personally think Bongo Bongo actually undermined that feeling. As soon as I realized that you're literally fighting on a giant drum, and it tries to unbalance you by playing it, I thought "Well, this is kinda silly...".

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

Since we're just using this for miscellaneous Zelda chat, I had 2 Zelda related things happen today:

1) Finally bought Hyrule Warriors, yay.
2) Replaying Twilight Princess for the first time in a decade and I just discovered one of the few game-breaking bugs in any Zelda game. The part where the Eldin bridge gets teleported. If you save the game and exit before defeating the twilight dudes it reloads the game on the other side of the bridge and you have to delete your entire game file. FUN!!!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Replaying Twilight Princess for the first time in a decade and I just discovered one of the few game-breaking bugs in any Zelda game. The part where the Eldin bridge gets teleported. If you save the game and exit before defeating the twilight dudes it reloads the game on the other side of the bridge and you have to delete your entire game file. FUN!!!

Ouch. Still, at least you get to replay the best parts of any Zelda game ever made. Get those iron boots!

Haru17

Oh, here's a fun one; who's a 4-stage boss in Zelda?

iKhan

Haru17 wrote:

Puppet Ganon in WW and Ganondorf's final form in TP were 4-stage

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

Doesn't quite fit, but Yuga is fought 3 times for a total of 4 stages in Link Between Worlds.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Octane

iKhan wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Puppet Ganon only had 3 stages though; the Puppet, Spider and Moldorm phase respectively.

Octane

Haru17

Octane wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Puppet Ganon only had 3 stages though; the Puppet, Spider and Moldorm phase respectively.

Exactly; it was a trick question! While TP's 'final boss' is a 4-phase fight, it's only a 3-stage boss of Ganondorf and a 1-stage boss of puppet Zelda (sorta).

Technically, the only 4-stage boss I know of in Zelda, is none other than; King Bulblin; the OG MLG.

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

Octane wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Exactly; it was a trick question! While TP's 'final boss' is a 4-phase fight, it's only a 3-stage boss of Ganondorf and a 1-stage boss of puppet Zelda (sorta).

Technically, the only 4-stage boss I know of in Zelda, is none other than; King Bulblin; the OG MLG.

But is it still considered a 4-stage boss, despite that you don't battle its phases in a consecutive order? I still think TP Ganon counts, Zelda was after all controlled by Ganon.

Now the real question is, who is the only 6-stage boss in Zelda?

Octane

CaviarMeths

Octane wrote:

I want to say Zant, but was that 6?

cookiex

Actually Bulblin is a 5-stage boss considering he has two phases at the battle of Eldin, one duel on Hylia bridge, one in Arbiter's Grounds and the final one in the Hyrule Castle courtyard.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Octane

SpookyMeths wrote:

Octane wrote:

Yes! Forest Temple, Goron Mines, Lakebed Temple, Forest Temple again, Snowpeak Ruins and the last phase takes place on Hyrule Field.

Octane

LzWinky

Ghirahim is also 6 stage if you include the 2 stages every time you fight him.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

Ouch. Still, at least you get to replay the best parts of any Zelda game ever made. Get those iron boots!

The first 2 dungeons of Twilight Princess are the best parts of any Zelda game ever made? I don't sense much agreement coming about on that claim.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

How about a rematch of Link vs Dark Link from Ocarina of Time in Zelda U? I would love to see that in Zelda U. It could either be a optional side boss OR a pivotal boss fight in the story.

I think it's time, but there's only one way to do it.

Not involved in anything else, there's just a secluded half a foot deep lake somewhere out in the world. There could be a gnarled old tree or some kind of ancient ruins there, reflecting in the water. When you find the lake and approach its center the fog thickens, your reflection disappears, and Dark Link appears somewhere out in the distance, behind the clouds of fog. (Basically just like OoT.)

It could be an amazing and atmospheric set piece in the game, but I think it's best if it's not a part of anything else.

Agreed... Fully.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shaneoh

Octane wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Octane wrote:

Yes! Forest Temple, Goron Mines, Lakebed Temple, Forest Temple again, Snowpeak Ruins and the last phase takes place on Hyrule Field.

There are 6 forms to Shadow Nightmare from Link's Awakening

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

RR529

I want to say there were 3-6 stages to the Bellum fight in PH, depending on how you look at it.

The initial fight at the bottom of the Temple of the Ocean King had various phases (after taking enough damage it would jump up to a higher level & slightly change tactics. I think it did this 3 times), then there was the ocean battle where it took control of the Ghost Ship, and finally the sword fight where it took control of Linebeck.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tyranexx

Haru17 wrote:

My answer would be Ramrock from Oracle of Ages. It's a really creative fight that makes you think, and has you use different items/tactics for each phase.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lofm_OxUoHQ
(first phase is long in this, ends a bit after the 2:30 mark)

For the six phase question, I'm also going with the Nightmare/Dethl answer.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic