Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,001 to 3,020 of 15,210

Haru17

martinskrtel37 wrote:

...what does skill have to do with the story in zelda!? i think you did just rip a random word from the dictionary. it would make sense to call someone a casual for caring about the story and not the gameplay, but i am doing the opposite here.....again, if you want a deep villain back story, go watch the dark knight, zelda games are about puzzles and thinking and exploration, remember that??

And story, casual.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Nicolai

@Haru17: Just because someone doesn't see a game with the same perspective as you doesn't mean he's not a true fan. I myself am a huge Zelda fan too, but I pay attention to gameplay, puzzles, and other things before story. The humor, the sense of magical ability, the fantastical atmosphere; there's lots of things to take from a Zelda game. It doesn't really make sense to take one aspect of Zelda and call someone a "low-skill player" if they don't relate to it.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

If you think I would earnestly spew any 'true fan' nonsense you're not getting my posts at all.

But people who don't appreciate the good Zelda stories are casual.

Nicolai

@Haru17: Well, fine, but the fact remains that you're trying to insult him for it (you said yourself that it's derogatory), and I don't think that's fair, when there are so many other things to take from Zelda. As someone who has played every Zelda game for it's impeccable gameplay, I'd hardly call myself casual about Zelda. Besides, what exactly are you trying to prove by calling him a casual, if you're not challenging his status as a fan?

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

kkslider5552000

Haru17 wrote:

If you think I would earnestly spew any 'true fan' nonsense you're not getting my posts at all.

I'm calling Poe's Law on this.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Nicolai

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I really have no idea at this point.

Got married.

Benjelo

@kkslider5552000:
searches google for Poe's Law

Edited on by Benjelo

FC(3ds):2423-1966-6724
"I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause." Job 5:8

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1966-6724 | Nintendo Network ID: Benjelo

Benjelo

@Morpheel:
Thank goodness for poes law, otherwise there would be no ghosts.

FC(3ds):2423-1966-6724
"I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause." Job 5:8

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1966-6724 | Nintendo Network ID: Benjelo

Haru17

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Must I publish my entire manifesto? I literally exposition'd my entire point with that. It was that, but joke-y and sarcastic as Morpheel said because 'casual' is a word that, said in sincerity, makes you a jerk. By definition. And, yes, it is safe to assume that I don't wish to be a jerk... totally.

Anyway, we should stop talking about me. I'm really not that interesting, however fabulous.

OneBagTravel

Reading the past few pages, I don't understand why some want TLoZ to turn into some JRPG Final Fantasy anime story game. The best games in the series have been simple stories and all about action oriented exploring of an elvish kid in a tunic. Wind Waker was about my peak on in dept story line. I would have even edited out a lot of that beginning dialog and plopped you right into the game faster. Link to the Past has about 10 minutes of story the whole game and it's regarded as being one of the best. I hope Nintendo has learned their lesson from the Wii Zelda titles.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

Nicolai

Haru17 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Must I publish my entire manifesto? I literally exposition'd my entire point with that. It was that, but joke-y and sarcastic as Morpheel said because 'casual' is a word that, said in sincerity, makes you a jerk. By definition. And, yes, it is safe to assume that I don't wish to be a jerk... totally.

Anyway, we should stop talking about me. I'm really not that interesting, however fabulous.

Ugh... thanks for making me look like a fool while giving my lengthy counter-argument. I guess I should have seen that coming.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

Must I publish my entire manifesto?

I've long suspected you have one

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

OneBagTravel wrote:

Reading the past few pages, I don't understand why some want TLoZ to turn into some JRPG Final Fantasy anime story game. The best games in the series have been simple stories and all about action oriented exploring of an elvish kid in a tunic. Wind Waker was about my peak on in dept story line. I would have even edited out a lot of that beginning dialog and plopped you right into the game faster. Link to the Past has about 10 minutes of story the whole game and it's regarded as being one of the best. I hope Nintendo has learned their lesson from the Wii Zelda titles.

I actually want a Zelda spinoff that's a JRPG. I would love to see Atlus or Square Enix do it. Especially Monolith Soft. Like... Link is in a actual party with other members. Levelling up system, etc.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

OneBagTravel wrote:

I'ma disagree with you there. I don't know who would argue that A Link to the Past was the best game narratively. Zelda is definitely at its best when the story is at its best; memorable, epic, as the gameplay is consistently great. I liked the Wind Waker too, but it and Skyward Sword felt a bit sparse to me narrative-wise. Most of those games' quality storytelling was in the last hour and that doesn't leave room for a very well-explored plot. I really preferred Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, as both games have narrative throughout, all of it tied back to the central conflict.

Edited on by Haru17

CaviarMeths

As an aside, NeoGAF just voted Ocarina of Time the game of the generation for Gen 5 (by a landslide actually). Majora's Mask also made the top 5.

Lol @ the action-adventure game of the generation top 10.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

As an aside, NeoGAF just voted Ocarina of Time the game of the generation for Gen 5 (by a landslide actually). Majora's Mask also made the top 5.

Lol @ the action-adventure game of the generation top 10.

Well, that's not exactly a surprise. I mean, quality wasn't as widespread back then as it is today. First parties and flagship titles were the only games with a chance to really be great.

-Green-

I think it's pretty impressive it managed to win the vote against games like Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid. It deserves it though, truely a great game for its time.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haru17

Aromaiden wrote:

I think it's pretty impressive it managed to win the vote against games like Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid. It deserves it though, truely a great game for its time.

I'll just go with "What is better?" /topic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic