Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 15,210

Dezzy

Smash_kirby wrote:

@gaming_24_7: I would love a 2D Zelda Maker and then a 3D Zelda maker as separate games.

No way would it work anywhere near as well as Mario. It'd probably be harder to design for Nintendo and it'd be less fun to play for the user. Zelda only really works as a big adventure. You can't break it down into small levels, they just wouldn't be fun to play in isolation. The closest you'll get is that Metroid style level someone made in Mario Maker.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

PaperMario64

gaming_24_7 wrote:

arronishere wrote:

2016 is also 30 years since the first Zelda game so they may try milking that a bit too.

That would mean we will get Zelda U in February 2016
(Or do you think we will get a Zelda Maker?)

As awesome there would be to design your own dungeons and so on, a Zelda Maker would be very complicated compared to 2D Mario Maker. You need dialog, bosses, an enormous amount of enemies and objects.

Could see it coming at some point, but not in the near future.

PaperMario64

CaviarMeths

Zelda Maker already exists. It's called RPG Maker XV and it's on Steam.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dezzy

CaviarMeths wrote:

Zelda Maker already exists. It's called RPG Maker XV and it's on Steam.

Unless they've significantly improved it over past versions, it's incapable of making anything other than a SNES era Final Fantasy without serious coding skills.

Socar

Honestly, the fact the many claim that the NX would be released so soon as soon as Zelda U has released really puzzles me. Sure, the Wii U is the weakest selling system for Nintendo but the same can be said for virtual boy, N64 and Gamecube. While I can understand the Virtual Boy ending very soon, The former along with Wii lasted for five years. So it most likely would mean that Nintendo would announce the system next year but will release it late of 2017 just to satisfy consumers who bought the Wii U.

What console besides the Virtual Boy did Nintendo had that lasted less than five years?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Jacob717

Artwark wrote:

What console besides the Virtual Boy did Nintendo had that lasted less than five years?

The GameBoy Advance. It was replaces by the DS 3 years, and 8 months later. But I agree, I think the NX will come out in 2017.

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

gatorboi352

@Artwark: Ah but what you're missing here is the fact that Wii U is selling historically low compared to N64 and GCN. It just outsold the Dreamcast FFS.

N64 by comparison sold something like 33 million units in its life time. Wii U is just over 10 three years in.

gatorboi352

Chandlero

Artwark wrote:

@Jason723: GBA's life span was from 2001-2006.

I guess, that is very important. The GBA got even a "Mini Edition" in the form of GameBoy Micro in autumn of 2005. But the GBA did sell over 80 million. A number the WiiU will never reach.

gatorboi352 wrote:

N64 by comparison sold something like 33 million units in its life time. Wii U is just over 10 three years in.

I don't think the absolute number is as important as the fact that the WiiU dropped the Wii's momentum completely. The lost of all Third-Party developer is the real crises. The GameCube sold even worse than the N64 but it was good against the competitors and Third-Party support was high.

Anyhow, we should go back to the topic

Edited on by Chandlero

Octane

Artwark wrote:

Jason723: GBA's life span was from 2001-2006.

By that logic, the Wii U's lifespan will exceed the launch date of their next home console as well.

Octane

DoctorOverbuild

Well I'm just gonna say that if they release this for Wii u and nx I'm gonna get it on NX, anyway I'm sure this game will be a masterpeice no matter what console!

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

Dezzy

I'm gonna get this on the Wii U no matter what. It's one of the main things I bought the console for. It's also something they've been developing specifically FOR the Wii U for 4 years. If there is an NX version, which I'm about 80% sure there will be, it'll just be a fairly straight port I'm guessing. Maybe jump from 720p to 1080p or something like that.

PaperMario64

gatorboi352 wrote:

@Artwark: Ah but what you're missing here is the fact that Wii U is selling historically low compared to N64 and GCN. It just outsold the Dreamcast FFS.

Not yet.
Dreamcast: 10,6 million
Wii U: 10,1 million

PaperMario64

LzWinky

Smash_kirby wrote:

@gaming_24_7: I would love a 2D Zelda Maker and then a 3D Zelda maker as separate games.

I fail to see how these would even work. How the heck would you make a 3D Zelda maker?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dezzy

You couldn't. It'd be clumsy as hell to use, you'd be able to create nothing remotely original without proper coding, and it'd take them a ridiculous amount of work to make enough attractive resources to make it appealing.

Smash_kirby

@LztheQuack: If you ever have done modding in Geck, for Fallout 3/NV, a system similar to that or even an easier method similar to Portal 2's simple but doable system but has the ability to use another tool for more complex things. I would love to run a dungeon through Zelda 1, LTTP, LA/OoS/OOA, Minish Cap, ALBW.

Edited on by Smash_kirby

Smash_kirby

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic