Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,841 to 2,860 of 15,210

bluemage1989

I think samey probably wasn't the right word I just want to see something massive that changes how I see games and considering this is possibly Nintendo's flagship franchise it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect massive innovation. Ocarina of Time did this and I want that same feeling again.

bluemage1989

TuVictus

Hopefully the open world nature of the game doesn't make all the dungeons around the same difficulty. That was a problem with the "any dungeon order" method in Link Between Worlds

TuVictus

Octane

@Operative: I wouldn't mind if there was some dungeon order in which you have to beat them. Perhaps something like Wind Waker, you had access to the entire world from the beginning, but you couldn't do everything in the order you wanted. Give people some choice here and there, on whether they want to beat temple x first, or temple y, etc. I think that's fine, but I also think that some linearity is necessary.

Octane

iKhan

All I want is true difficulty modes

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Every Haru argument:
"2+2=5. I just redefined the second 2 to mean 3. And you're an idiot if you didn't notice."

It's like I have my own opinion and understanding, or something. Anyway, I invite you to address the merits of my thoughts instead of dodging them. Their not being rebutted would suggest their validity.

But really, did you play World of Warcraft? It's literally just the same content stretched over the open world. Every other open world game is just a better or obfuscated version of that.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

How about a nice and heartwarming scene of Link and Zelda swimming together? Or drinking Lon Lon Milk together? Just something to show their bond besides just fighting together.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

Deviantart has you covered.
Untitled

iKhan

Blast wrote:

How about a nice and heartwarming scene of Link and Zelda swimming together? Or drinking Lon Lon Milk together? Just something to show their bond besides just fighting together.

Please no. There was enough forced awkward romance in Skyward Sword. They don't need more.

Let's return Link to being a slate onto which the player can project him/herself. Putting Link in a dedicated relationship completely works against that.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

-Green-

iKhan wrote:

Blast wrote:

Please no. There was enough forced awkward romance in Skyward Sword. They don't need more.

Let's return Link to being a slate onto which the player can project him/herself. Putting Link in a dedicated relationship completely works against that.

Yeah, I second that.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Blast

Aromaiden wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yeah, I second that.

Disagreed. The guy is freaking shipped with Zelda in Hyrule Warriors, by the way. A spinoff Anonuma approved.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

iKhan

Blast wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yeah, I second that.

Disagreed. The guy is freaking shipped with Zelda in Hyrule Warriors, by the way. A spinoff Anonuma approved.

And Oliver is shipped with Felicity on Arrow. It just because it's canon doesn't mean it's good.

Edited on by iKhan

Haru17

Are we really talking about Link speaking? Again? No one wins in this debate.

Edited on by Haru17

iKhan

Haru17 wrote:

No we are talking about Link being a more fleshed out character or not

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

Don't be so modest. Everybody knows that you win all debates since you're so much more clever than everyone else.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

TuVictus

Aww, I liked the semi-romantic vibes from Skyward Sword. Though of course I find my opinions are in the minority since I really loved that game and how well it's made.

TuVictus

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

No we are talking about Link being a more fleshed out character or not

"We're not talking about the world, we're talking about the level design."

Octane

I want to play an adventure game, not a dating simulator. Let's keep the awkward romantic scenes out of Zelda please.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Octane wrote:

I want to play an adventure game, not a dating simulator. Let's keep the awkward romantic scenes out of Zelda please.

The Legend of Zelda: Fates confirmed!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

Does FFX not count as an adventure then? That had some great awkward romance scenes.

I'm completely in favour of them adding more character interaction. I somehow doubt they'll have Link talking, it would just be too weird at this point. But I hope everyone else does.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

iKhan

Operative wrote:

Aww, I liked the semi-romantic vibes from Skyward Sword. Though of course I find my opinions are in the minority since I really loved that game and how well it's made.

I saw what they were trying to do, but in my opinion, they failed miserably. I never saw Zelda present herself as a likeable character to me, it just felt like the game was telling me that Link and Zelda liked each other and they were a cute couple.

But, if you ask me, if I'm ever referring to Link's actions in the 3rd person during a Zelda game (unless I'm remarking on some design detail or technical aspect about the actual character model), they have messed up. I'm supposed to project myself onto Link, and think of him as me.

That's hard to be consistent with in a romantic subplot because different people will respond differently, and that's not even considering the girls who are playing. It didn't work with Ilia in TP either.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic