Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,821 to 2,840 of 15,210

CaviarMeths

Followed the source of the rumour. It's from a forum post.

http://www.zeldaeurope.de/forum/thread.php?postid=459756#post...

My German is awful, but I think the gist of it is "my [anonymous unverified] source says that E3 sucked, so Nintendo made a new Zelda trailer and might show it at Gamescom."

Seems legit.

Who is this guy?

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dezzy

Lol is that a sarcastic "seems legit" by any chance?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

-Green-

Dezzy wrote:

Lol is that a sarcastic "seems legit" by any chance?

Nah, it's totally not sarcasm.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Strangled noise of exasperation. The characters in the Wind Waker still abide by many verisimilitudinous design principles. Link is basically a 10-year-old with a bigger head, but proportional limbs n' stuff.

Do you think an easier way to argue would be to just use the meaning of the words as is commonly understood to construct your opinion rather that randomly redefining words to match your prior opinions and just hoping people happen to know what you meant?

Almost no-one would call those Wind Waker characters realistic.

I wanted to use an adjective with the quality of verisimilitude; it's not my fault they named it something ridiculous. Zelda ain't coming our for a while, you have time to google it.

Here's another word; pedantic. You can figure that one out as well.

Blast wrote:

How about we get completely new races? Let's abandon the Gorons and the other races and replace them with totally new and unique races for Zelda U. Or... Just bring the Gerudo women back. Yesss

Nuuuu, but Skyward Sword did that and it was well freakin' dull! I can take or leave Gerudo and Kokiri, but the gorons and zoras are canon to the Zelda universe to me like elves and dwarves are to Tolkein. There's plenty of room to write stories for those races as well as different ones for wholly new tribes.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Hendesu

Honestly, they should make Redeads and Dead hands a friendly race in Zelda U. It would be a nice change from Zoras and Gorons.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

I wanted to use an adjective with the quality of verisimilitude; it's not my fault they named it something ridiculous. Zelda ain't coming our for a while, you have time to google it.

Ah how silly of me. What you were trying to say is you award Wind Waker a 3 in verisimiltudinosity.

Edited on by Dezzy

TuVictus

I really doubt it. Nintendo's whole thing this year was "let's not show off games that aren't near completion". I really don't think they suddenly changed their minds. Especially for Zelda, the game that's probably the furthest off of announced games.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Followed the source of the rumour. It's from a forum post.

http://www.zeldaeurope.de/forum/thread.php?postid=459756#post...

My German is awful, but I think the gist of it is "my [anonymous unverified] source says that E3 sucked, so Nintendo made a new Zelda trailer and might show it at Gamescom."

Seems legit.

Who is this guy?

Hahaha!!! Hype!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Cheesehead302

That rumor needs to be true, Zelda Wii U info is my gas and I've been stranded on the side of the road for like 9 months. IT HURTS SO BADDDDDDD

Cheesehead302

iKhan

Lol that's rich. Nintendo announces very little at Gamescom. They don't to a presentation or anything. They aren't just going to randomly drop a trailer during Gamescom.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

bluemage1989

Try as I might I just can't get excited for this. I've really enjoyed Zelda over the years not as much as most but still enjoyed it especially Minish Cap and Wind Waker recently (that might be more nostalgia from playing them originally in my teens) I just get the feeling that while there will be nice moments the experience will just feel komda samey. I know everyone (including Nintendo) is wanting this on WiiU and for those that do I hope you get your wish but I hope the reason for its delay is that they have some really big new ideas and they hope to impress at NX launch.

bluemage1989

Dezzy

It's the first properly open world Zelda. There's your lack of samey-ness.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

It's the first properly open world Zelda. There's your lack of samey-ness.

Open worlds have never not increased samey-ness. Not that Bluemage's comment isn't an equal amount of nonsense.

LzWinky

What? No Nintendo Direct rumors complete with a list of announcements? I am disappointed internet

Source: two sites I never heard of. Seems legit

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haru17

New Nintendo Direct on Leap Day, August 2015, with a focus on Zelda. Literally. 30 minutes of close-up on Zelda's hair and bronze shoulder gilding.

Announcements:
-Flying horses confirmed
-Flying horses canceled
-Aonuma has 'jacked in' to Zelda U like that one Hyrda guy in Captain America
-Too soon? Nah.
-But srsly, flying horses.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

Open worlds have never not increased samey-ness.

Not true at all. They often change the order or style of progression. It's not guaranteed. But it's certainly possible. That would be a lack of samey-ness.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Open worlds have never not increased samey-ness.

Not true at all. They often change the order or style of progression. It's not guaranteed. But it's certainly possible. That would be a lack of samey-ness.

No... you literally don't get it. Ever single open world game in existence reuses assets, enemies, and gameplay styles to populate the entire 'world.' Okami, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Xenoblade, GTA 5, Dragon Age Inquisition, Witcher 3, and now Zelda U. Some are just better designed to take advantage of their open world nature that others.

Reuse is the definition of 'same-yness.' The order you do things doesn't matter; if I kill a boar, complete a quest, and die to bees that is the exact same thing as if I were to complete a quest, die to bees, and kill a boar.

Moreover my actual point was that the increase in walking and side quest-type 'content' will make the game more repetitive in many ways. Zelda U will doubtlessly be the most repetitive 3D Zelda game; much more so than all of the linear ones, by its very nature.

Dezzy

Every Haru argument:
"2+2=5. I just redefined the second 2 to mean 3. And you're an idiot if you didn't notice."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic