Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 15,201

JoyBoy

^ Which reminds me, we probably won't have any 'Asks' ever again.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Hendesu

Haru17 wrote:

They're called androids for a reason...

Untitled

Ok I'll stop...

...Oblivion had less frightening characters.

I like how you insulted a famous show.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Blast

NightmareEater wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

They're called androids for a reason...

Untitled

Ok I'll stop...

...Oblivion had less frightening characters.

!?!?! Dragonball Z has alotta flaws... I love the manga but its littered with problems. The fact that it's famous has nothing to do with quality.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

NightmareEater wrote:

Fame is cheap, light, and transient. But honestly, Goku looked less creepy than this guy.

Anyway, I'll stop ragging on it now...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

Well, until Akihiko Yoshida is cloned and can do the character designs in all video games forever, we'll have to make do with lesser beings. Senri Kita and Kimihiko Fujisaka are criminally underrated and need more work though. JRPGs need more of this:

Untitled

Less of this:

Untitled

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

Looks like Edward Kenway as employed by the Templars (in Dragon Age), Cloud by way of Darkstalkers, and the Witcher's Yennefer interpreted by literally any JRPG.

Haru17

Oh, and I don't want to start another whatever-fit, but I do want to submit the likelihood that the Gerudo were all women because of cartridge limitations or other technical factors in the 90s. Which was then worked into the story like Midna riding wolf Link and a bunch of other things I don't know off of the top of my head.

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

Oh, and I don't want to start another whatever-fit, but I do want to submit the likelihood that the Gerudo were all women because of cartridge limitations or other technical factors in the 90s. Which was then worked into the story like Midna riding wolf Link and a bunch of other things I don't know off of the top of my head.

Lol.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Well, until Akihiko Yoshida is cloned and can do the character designs in all video games forever, we'll have to make do with lesser beings. Senri Kita and Kimihiko Fujisaka are criminally underrated and need more work though. JRPGs need more of this:

Untitled

Less of this:

Untitled

If I could post pictures correctly... I would show The Amazon and Sorceress from Dragon's Crown. Along with some Persona 3 FES pics...

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Blast wrote:

If I could post pictures correctly... I would show The Amazon and Sorceress from Dragon's Crown. Along with some Persona 3 FES pics...

Meaning you want more or less character designs to resemble those three?

Edited on by Haru17

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Meaning you want more or less character designs to resemble those three?

Oh!!! I meant I want more character designs to resemble those three. I'm gonna get called a perv but I would love to see a older woman Zelda with curves and a voluptuous athletic body.

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

I own 3 Shigenori Soejima art books. What's wrong with Persona 3's designs?

Rather, what's more wrong than ankle belts and a sword with booboos?

Edit: Oh, nvm, saw your next post.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

I'm gonna get called a perv but I would love to see a older woman Zelda with curves and a voluptuous athletic body.

Here you go (you perv):

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CaviarMeths

DiscoGentleman wrote:

@CaviarMeths: I think you're very fxxxing much forgetting genius god's gift to man, Yoshitaka Amano, but yeah Akihiko is my jam, too.

I didn't forget him. He's rated quite highly and gets plenty of work, just not in video games.

Definitely more of a Yoshida guy though. Tactics, FFXII, and FFXIV have the best designs in the series, IMO.

Haru17

I prefer proportions to stay within the range of natural human genetic diversity. Samus being a 7 foot tall idealized giant in Metroid Prime Trilogy is fine, but if her head was real small, or some other out-of-balance distortion they it would get under my skin (besides the freakish shoulders.) That stuff just reads like a body horror lite to me; it's just not right.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

I prefer proportions to stay within the range of natural human genetic diversity. Samus being a 7 foot tall idealized giant in Metroid Prime Trilogy is fine, but if her head was real small, or some other out-of-balance distortion they it would get under my skin (besides the freakish shoulders.) That stuff just reads like a body horror lite to me; it's just not right.

Untitled

-Green-

Dezzy wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Untitled

Tbh, I actually really enjoyed their design. I felt like it complimented their character nicely and it made their fusion all the more interesting when comparing it to how they originally were.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Dezzy

So did I. I have no need for realistic proportions at all. Especially not in Zelda. Unless they're going for a realistic style.

Edited on by Dezzy

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Untitled

Yes, Twinrova were designed to be unsettling. They are a boss monster, after all. I don't mind them looking that way because they're supposed to look unwell.

And Wind Waker Link is 'realistic' for Toon Link's world (big heads, etc.) If he had disproportionate hands, for instance, he'd look weirder. Also, big heads are cute, whereas enlarged or shrunken other things are less so. The Wind Waker is actually quite restrained in it's 'cartoony' art style, which I respect.

Untitled

If you don't establish that baseline of visual normalcy, like many cartoons, then your world doesn't feel as real, as consistently styled.

Untitled

Edited on by Haru17

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic