Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 15,210

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Anyway, I just had someone call Zelda U ugly, in preference towards Dragon Quest 11's plasticy character models, of all things. Now I've seen everything.

Ummm... Wow. Sad. Neither are even in their complete state.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

Blast wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Anyway, I just had someone call Zelda U ugly, in preference towards Dragon Quest 11's plasticy character models, of all things. Now I've seen everything.

Ummm... Wow. Sad. Neither are even in their complete state.

Well, I mean, they both look nice, but they're not liable to change much. Especially not Zelda, Zelda games nearly never change in appearance unless the entire art style is revamped. Besides, Zelda U looks great as long as the draw distance, pop in, etc is fine.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Jacob717

@Haru17: Yeah, some people just think "cel shading = ugly". Then they go and watch anime, which looks the same/similar, but in 2D.

Jacob717

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

I would like it if there was a section in the game where you played as Zelda and explored her castle. People would treat you as royalty and you train as Sheik at night. Or... Just have Link explore a grand castle while he wears a really cool majestic robe. Have it packed to the brim with fun side activities like a drinking contest of Lon Lon Milk.

That's exactly what I'd said (possibly earlier in this thread).
I think having alternating Link and Zelda sections would be cool. And an excuse to try out different gameplay mechanics and some different settings. A big castle for Zelda to explore while Link's out in the world would be cool. Maybe something like having the castle invaded and she needs to sneak around unseen. As per the castle section in OoT.

Haru17 wrote:

They were probably basing it off that gameplay footage that looked a bit unpolished. Whereas the original trailer looked about the same level as DQ11.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

They were probably basing it off that gameplay footage that looked a bit unpolished. Whereas the original trailer looked about the same level as DQ11.

Yeah, but that only looked 'unpolished' because it was shot off of a corner frame that was a TV screen being video taped. The landscape did look slightly less finished than the reveal teaser (closer to the Xenoblade on the environmental detail spectrum than Skyrim,) but it is a mid-development game; not all of it is supposed to look finished. What was there was quite beautiful, much more so than DQ11 in my opinion, but obscured by a poor video capture. Frankly, I'm glad it was a low-fi video as there were many blurry structures in the distance that looked like puzzles or some such spoilers. All I want to see of Zelda U now is a 2-3 minute trailer and a release date.

Edited on by Haru17

Dezzy

@Haru17

I bet they recorded it on a screen in the distance for that very reason. Harder to detect the lack of polish. I disagree on DQ11 though, I thought that looked incredible. One of the best colourful games I've seen running on PS4. Looked better than KH3 imo. Similar to Dragon Quest Heroes.

Edited on by Dezzy

Hendesu

I'm worried about Zelda U being delayed. Usually when a Nintendo game gets delayed, the game is cancelled or never get released.

Edited on by Hendesu

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Shinion

@NightmareEater: except every 3D Zelda game has been delayed, I remember a lengthy delay for Brawl as well and I'm sure there have been several other games that have had minor to lengthy delays in Nintendo's history that I can't quite remember. They're natural and they kinda have become a common thing for Zelda games, I'd bring the cliche in and say I'd rather have to wait for a delayed game as long as it's fantastic (which Zelda U will be) rather than play it soon and it be a lesser game.

Shinion

Dezzy

@NightmareEater When have they ever cancelled a Zelda game? This is very much their flagship franchise. While it may not sell as much as others, it's always been the one they take the most care in, and is generally the most critically acclaimed. They wouldn't just cancel it.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

I bet they recorded it on a screen in the distance for that very reason. Harder to detect the lack of polish. I disagree on DQ11 though, I thought that looked incredible. One of the best colourful games I've seen running on PS4. Looked better than KH3 imo. Similar to Dragon Quest Heroes.

It looks fine except for the faces which are all like:

Untitled

And you don't cancel Zelda. Zelda is like the tides; it's only a matter of time.

Edited on by Haru17

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

Untitled

And you don't cancel Zelda. Zelda is like the tides; it's only a matter of time.

You mean like... Akira Toriyama's very distinctive and immediately recognizable style?

I dunno, I think he has some fans.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Untitled

Lol! The main guy from the new Dragon Quest looks like Trunks died his hair. Akira Toriyama is a great artist but his character designs can be pretty repetitive.

Master of the Hype Train

clvr

Blast wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Untitled

Lol! The main guy from the new Dragon Quest looks like Trunks died his hair. Akira Toriyama is a great artist but his character designs can be pretty repetitive.

Agreed, I've never really liked his style cause it seems quite unimaginative to me. Don't get me wrong, the monsters in DQ are mostly great, but his human characters have become stale.

Clover.

My Nintendo: clvr51 | Nintendo Network ID: clvr51

Haru17

They're called androids for a reason...

Untitled

Ok I'll stop...

...Oblivion had less frightening characters.

Edited on by Haru17

Hendesu

@Dezzy: There's some Zelda games that were actually cancelled. They were: The Legend of Zelda:Tetra's Tracker, Mystical Seed of Courage, and The Legend of Zelda: DD.

Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Octane

NightmareEater wrote:

Dezzy: There's some Zelda games that were actually cancelled. They were: The Legend of Zelda:Tetra's Tracker, Mystical Seed of Courage, and The Legend of Zelda: DD.

@NightmareEater: Navi Trackers (Tetra's Trackers) is still a thing. Ura Zelda (I assume that's what you mean by Zelda DD) is the Ocarina of Time Master Quest, a GameCube title.

As far as I'm aware, Mystical Seed of Courage was never officially revealed. The game was scrapped very early in the planning stages due to the complications of connecting three games together.

Tetra's Trackers: http://zeldawiki.org/Navi_Trackers
Ura Zelda: http://zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time_Mas...

Octane

Dezzy

NightmareEater wrote:

@Dezzy: There's some Zelda games that were actually cancelled. They were: The Legend of Zelda:Tetra's Tracker, Mystical Seed of Courage, and The Legend of Zelda: DD.

Were any of those supposed to be mainline entries in the series?

Hendesu

@Dezzy: Probably are. Along Not sure if The Legend of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets is canon.....

[Started 10/31/15]

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

They're called androids for a reason...

Untitled

Ok I'll stop...

...Oblivion had less frightening characters.

Hahaha!!! I hope they add in facial expressions where he smiles and stuff.

Master of the Hype Train

Nintendo_Ninja

This game is going to have one heck of a development cycle, and I can't wait to hear about it.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic