Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 15,210

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Guys, tell me you see the problem with an entire tribe of thieves... that lives in the middle of the desert...?

Not particularly, no. My intelligence is sufficiently developed such that I don't equate Gerudo with Arabs. Being a mammal with higher brain function is truly a wondrous thing.

Maybe not Arabs, but at least tell me you see a "Belly dancer" stereotype in there. The Gerudos would be at home in an "I Dream of Jeannie" video game on N64.

Yes, I acknowledge that Gerudo look like belly dancers. No, I don't think that's a problem. Simply pointing at something in reference isn't an example of promoting negativity.

Have you ever seen an Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer movie? Disaster Movie, Epic Movie, etc? They all do this thing where they simply reference some piece of pop culture and call it a "parody." A person dressed in a pirate outfit on a pirate ship isn't a parody of Pirates of the Caribbean. It's just someone going "hey guys, Pirates of the Caribbean is a thing that exists! Isn't that funny???"

No, it's not funny, and Gerudo aren't offensive.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

MajinSoul

This reminds me of the racism claims in Xenoblade Chronicles. People see what they want to see

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

jump

CaviarMeths wrote:

A person dressed in a pirate outfit on a pirate ship isn't a parody of Pirates of the Caribbean. It's just someone going "hey guys, Pirates of the Caribbean is a thing that exists! Isn't that funny???"

You mean Somali pirates and torrent users didn't go on twitter and complained about it wasn't an accurate portryal of piracy?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

SasukeTheRipper wrote:

There are new rumors about The Legend of Zelda U going around right now.
There might be new ZeldaU material at gamescom which taks place in Germany next month.
http://www.nintendo-magazin.de/the-legend-of-zelda-wii-u-neue...

The link doesn't really prove anything, all it says is that ''a source confirmed that Zelda U will be shown at gamescom.'' Nintendo, however, has said that they'd like to show Zelda another time this year [instead of E3] iirc. Who knows, might happen, might not happen.

Octane

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Guys, tell me you see the problem with an entire tribe of thieves... that lives in the middle of the desert...?

Not particularly, no. My intelligence is sufficiently developed such that I don't equate Gerudo with Arabs. Being a mammal with higher brain function is truly a wondrous thing.

No, I guess you aren't bright enough to see what I was saying. Which in fact was not a racial stereotype, thank you!

It's that a DESERT barren of HUMAN LIFE is a terrible hideout for THIEVES. What do they do all day? Steal from each other? That hardly makes a prosperous society.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

WebHead

So Zelda is tbc/TBD on the latest finance thing. More and more evidence of NX version to me.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Nicolai

Haru17 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

No, I guess you aren't bright enough to see what I was saying. Which in fact was not a racial stereotype, thank you!

It's that a DESERT barren of HUMAN LIFE is a terrible hideout for THIEVES. What do they do all day? Steal from each other? That hardly makes a prosperous society.

It makes sense to me. They go to hyrule to steal from travelers. Their hideout is in the harsh desert, so that it's less likely to be raided. Also, placing it next to what is possibly the largest chasm ever means that all they need to do to keep intruders out is to maintain a bridge.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

Your ridiculous baiting isn't fooling anyone. It wasn't 50 pages back with your off-topic "just saying" musings about institutional racism in Zelda games, and it isn't now.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Nicolai

@WebHead

It doesn't really offer any further evidence. It was tbc then, it's tbc now. If nothing is said at E3 2016 (how could it not, NX or no NX?), then I would be concerned.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Octane

WebHead wrote:

So Zelda is tbc/TBD on the latest finance thing. More and more evidence of NX version to me.

It has always been TBD after the announcement of the delay. I don't see how it suddenly is any different.

Octane

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Your ridiculous baiting isn't fooling anyone. It wasn't 50 pages back with your off-topic "just saying" musings about institutional racism in Zelda games, and it isn't now.

...Are you sure you aren't a birther, because you see more conspiracies than the protagonist of a Deus Ex game.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

rallydefault

@Octane: Well, something changed if the article drew attention to it? Or was the article wrong? (It could be, I'm just wondering.)

rallydefault

Octane

rallydefault wrote:

Octane: Well, something changed if the article drew attention to it? Or was the article wrong? (It could be, I'm just wondering.)

@rallydefault Are you replaying to comment 2,829 or 2,836? I don't really understand your question.

Octane

Sleepingmudkip

So back to zelda....hopefully sheikah returns because i want to know more about them?

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Dezzy

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

So back to zelda....hopefully sheikah returns because i want to know more about them?

I can't even remember what happens to that woman in OoT.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

Dezzy wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I can't even remember what happens to that woman in OoT.

Well the Sheikah are race but Impa becomes a sage and Sheik was actually Zelda.

There is potential with them as they do effect the lore of Zelda and have connections with the Gossip stones, Mask of Truth etc which could be explained and expanded but at the same they work best as mysterious.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CaviarMeths

The Sheikah deserve their own spin-off game. Character action game maybe, like Ninja Gaiden.

Impa Gaiden, if you will.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic