Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 15,210

Blast

NintyMan wrote:

According to Scott Moffit, Zelda U will be shown again when it "can deliver."

“We confirmed that a Zelda game, a new Zelda experience is in development for the Wii U and we have our team hard at work on that,” Moffitt said. “We want that to be the best Zelda experience. Fans have been waiting for and deserve a game when it’s ready, when it’s fully featured and when it can live up to what we would like to deliver.”

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/zelda-wii-u-ready-release-when-i...

... I wish the word "Zelda" was substituted for the word "Metroid...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

Haru17 wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

...but business-wise, it makes sense.

Marketing-wise, having your game go dark in the 12 months preceding release is a bad idea.

As opposed to announcing it so early that people eventually stop talking about it?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

-Green-

Blast wrote:

At least you have Metroid Prime: Federation Force.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Blast

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

Hahaha!!! I'm on the floor and I'm crying tears of laughter. Thank you!

Master of the Hype Train

-Green-

Blast wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

Hahaha!!! I'm on the floor and I'm crying tears of laughter. Thank you!

You're welcome. lol

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Blast

Wouldn't it be cool if the game starts off with Link in Gerudo Valley? That means... Half naked beautiful women early in the game... I have no shame

Master of the Hype Train

TeeJay

Blast wrote:

Wouldn't it be cool if the game starts off with Link in Gerudo Valley? That means... Half naked beautiful women early in the game... I have no shame

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

iKhan

LztheQuack wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Marketing-wise, having your game go dark in the 12 months preceding release is a bad idea.

As opposed to announcing it so early that people eventually stop talking about it?

Too late, it was already announced in 2014. Besides, Reggie already said they have footage to show. I think he's even mentioned that they'll probably show it this year. My guess is that they'll show it at TGA's.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

SasukeTheRipper

“We confirmed that a Zelda game, a new Zelda experience is in development for the Wii U and we have our team hard at work on that. We want that to be the best Zelda experience. Fans have been waiting for and deserve a game when it’s ready, when it’s fully featured and when it can live up to what we would like to deliver.”

Edited on by LzWinky

SasukeTheRipper

Haru17

LztheQuack wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Well, Zelda's in a unique position because Nintendo needed to show it, just like MS needed to show Halo and Sony Uncharted. Because just showing it will convince a bunch of people to buy Wii U's (who probs shouldn't have bought Wii U's) on the promise of Zelda in the vague, undetermined future.

But, no, way early announcements are not best practices.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Grumblevolcano

Haru17 wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Well, Zelda's in a unique position because Nintendo needed to show it, just like MS needed to show Halo and Sony Uncharted. Because just showing it will convince a bunch of people to buy Wii U's (who probs shouldn't have bought Wii U's) on the promise of Zelda in the vague, undetermined future.

But, no, way early announcements are not best practices.

I agree, all 3 (Halo 5, Uncharted 4 and Zelda U) were announced years too early so people would buy the console in advance. Then over time HD remasters acting as temporary replacements (Master Chief Collection, Nathan Drake Collection, Wind Waker HD) for easy money grabs to prevent people from selling the console for something else. Fortunately Nintendo hasn't gone as far as the others, they could've easily joined the mass HD remastering with more GameCube classics (Super Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX, Luigi's Mansion, Pokémon Colosseum + XD: Gale of Darkness, Pikmin Trilogy including Wii U's Pikmin 3, Eternal Darkness, etc.) and this would've helped break out the huge game droughts but so has a great VC service (in Europe).

As for the recent message, I still think this is PR speak for "This game is coming to NX, we won't show it until after the NX is revealed.".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

Blast wrote:

I'm not sure the gerudo would make it to 2016 unaltered. I mean, the last time we saw them was in Ocarina of Time (FSA does not exist, lalalalala, I can't hear you!) and that was made before 1998, for 1998.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

What in particular is wrong or offensive about the Gerudo?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Shinion

Can someone explain to me how there is any evidence that this game will be an 'NX' game in any variety? It's getting really irritating to see it EVERYTIME it's mentioned.
Miyamoto at E3 responding to IGN (of course) asking if it's still a Wii U game "Yes, yes of course it is and we will show footage soon"
Peoples' response- "ZELDA ON NX GUYZZZZZZ!!"
Reggie at E3 "Zelda on Wii U is looking great, don't have any worries."
Peoples' response- "ZELDA DEFINITLEY ON NX GUYZZZZZZ!!!"
Nintendo PR rep "A new Zelda experience is in development for Wii U, we will show the game when its ready"
Peoples' response- "ZELDA NX ZELDA NX ZELDA NX ZELDA NX ZELDA NX ZELDA NX!!!!!!!"
............. Am I the only one who just can't comprehend the intelligence of these people? 3 times, at least, the game has been talked about, and three times they have confirmed it's a Wii U game and will show footage soon. What kind of a company do people take Nintendo for? That they will show the NX at E3 next year, and just drop in with "oh Zelda U is on the system because f*** the Wii U". They've been borderline stupid for a while now, but Nintendo never have been liars, and they know that they absolutely CANNOT lead people on for 2 years about their most beloved IP. Anyone who thinks they will pull a stunt like that is deluded, I've yet to see ONE genuine argument for how/why/when Nintendo will make this game an NX game. It's just haters trying to kick the Wii U and their owners while they're down, with NO evidence to back it up (do not get me started on the Twilight Princess comparison because that is the most laughable thing about this situation). Just sit back and wait for when they will next show it, on (believe it or not) Wii U later this year. And I might just bang my head on my desk so many times it will lead to my death if people STILL insist after that that it's an NX game. But I already know that will be the case. FFS.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

LzWinky

Pikmin 3 was "confirmed to be a Wii game" several times before it moved to Wii U. There is no real evidence now that suggests it will come to NX, but it's looking very likely at this point. Heck, it could be a dual release like Twilight Princess

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Shinion

@LztheQuack: as far as I'm aware, they never actually showed footage, a trailer or went beyond saying that "We're making Pikmin" and that was all before the Wii U's announcement so people just took it for granted that it was a Wii game. Your last sentence sums it up well, it 'could' be an NX game, and it 'could' have a dual-release. As much as I am opposed to both of those, that's all you can say at this point, why there are people absolutely convinced that it's an NX game is beyond me.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

CaviarMeths

I think the general opinion is that it's most likely to be a dual release. It's not healthy to make up fake opinions to argue against on the internet.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

Well the timing would be right. Nintendo is revealing the NX next year (which for all we know could be launched as well) and Zelda got pushed to 2016. It's just mere coincidence at this point, but there's certainly some possibility of it.

jump

CaviarMeths wrote:

What in particular is wrong or offensive about the Gerudo?

They are a race of powerful independent single women ruled by a man because he's a man and they aren't. SEXIST!!!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@TheLastLugia: While that isn't the case for Pikmin 3 (first trailer was E3 2012 when we found out it was a Wii U title), it is the case for Twilight Princess. Initial trailer was E3 2004 for GameCube and then we found out later on that it was delayed to be a Wii title.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic