Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 15,210

iKhan

Nintendo doesn't do Gamescon. They will probably show something at TGAs though.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Dezzy

iKhan wrote:

What is dates of thiz thingz?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

Dezzy wrote:

iKhan wrote:

What is dates of thiz thingz?

TGA will be in early December, just like last year.

Octane

Haru17

Probably TGA, possibly the eve of PSX again (I think Sony / Keighley see the commensalistic marketing benefits of grouping announcements together, ala E3.)

So, yeah, literally a year after they showed Zelda U for the second time. But, no, Nintendo doesn't announce games far from release or anything. They'd never do that...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

kyuubikid213

Haru17 wrote:

Probably TGA, possibly the eve of PSX again (I think Sony / Keighley see the commensalistic marketing benefits of grouping announcements together, ala E3.)

So, yeah, literally a year after they showed Zelda U for the second time. But, no, Nintendo doesn't announce games far from release or anything. They'd never do that...

It was just the focus of this E3 for some reason. And, let's be honest here, there are a handful of games that get talked about a while before release (Last Guardian (ha), Kingdom Hearts III, and so on).

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

erv

We might as well rename this thread to Zelda NX.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

jump

erv wrote:

I think we should use the same name Ninty calls it "The latest title in The Legend of Zelda series (working title)"

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii-U/The-latest-title-in-The...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kyuubikid213

arronishere wrote:

erv wrote:

I think we should use the same name Ninty calls it "The latest title in The Legend of Zelda series (working title)"

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii-U/The-latest-title-in-The...

In a Direct in November...

IWATA: I would now like to show you our latest title in the Zelda series. Please take a look.

A gameplay trailer plays showing off the new world. It ends with Link taking down the large enemy we'd seen in the previous gameplay footage. The title zooms in and fades back to Iwata.

IWATA: "The Legend of Zelda: Latest Title"...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

iKhan

Can we go back to talking about what we want the actual game to be rather that what console it should come out on?

I really hope they are working on making the combat more interesting. Something like the Hidden Skills would be nice.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

-Green-

I'm still wondering what role Zelda is going to play in the game and how they will design her character. I really enjoyed the way they designed and portrayed her in Skyward Sword(even though the game receives a lot of hate, I still liked it).

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

whodatninja

Aromaiden wrote:

I'm still wondering what role Zelda is going to play in the game and how they will design her character. I really enjoyed the way they designed and portrayed her in Skyward Sword(even though the game receives a lot of hate, I still liked it).

Skyward Sword Zelda was my favourite Zelda actually

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

-Green-

whodatninja wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

They really made her, her own person in that game. She really had her own character and I loved how she interacted with Link.

rallydefault

I really liked the combat and movement in Wind Waker, honestly. Very fluid. I feel like I'm a bit jaded/biased against Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword's combat/movement because I was forced to play those with a Wiimote/nunchuck, which was certainly NOT my favorite controller experience in the world.

I've also been replaying Ocarina since it just came out on the Wii U VC, and the movement back then was definitely a bit stiff, but that was mostly due to the tech at the time: camera was pretty much fixed, and I think the noticeably lower framerate also contributes to my sense of a more stiff combat/movement.

I think we can all agree: ROLLING is a big part of any 3D Zelda, so they have to get that roll animation correct! ha! But anyway, I think my bottom line is that I wouldn't mind combat that is very akin to Wind Waker's.

rallydefault

professorOak

I agree with rallydefault when it comes to the combat. Wind Waker's combat just felt so cinematic and fluid, that it really felt like a full on interactive cartoon. I think TP and SS tried to go for that as well but the motion controls hampered it a bit. (I did play TP on both Gamecube and Wii though, and TP's combat did feel a lot more cinematic playing with a more traditional controller.)

I hope Wii U Zelda continues that trend with the action, keeping it fluid, but hopefully with the Gamepad as the main controller we won't have the same kinds of disconnectedness that some got having to use the Wiimote. I really hope we get a return of battles on horseback, as that trailer from E3 2014 implied. That was one of my favorite gameplay aspects of Twilight Princess, and was one of the reasons why TP has the best series of final boss fights in all of Zelda in my opinion - that horseback section against Ganondorf was just fantastic, and really helped carry on the cinematic feel of the action while still being actual gameplay.

Nintendo Network ID: JibbahJabbahwock

iKhan

professorOak wrote:

I agree with rallydefault when it comes to the combat. Wind Waker's combat just felt so cinematic and fluid, that it really felt like a full on interactive cartoon. I think TP and SS tried to go for that as well but the motion controls hampered it a bit. (I did play TP on both Gamecube and Wii though, and TP's combat did feel a lot more cinematic playing with a more traditional controller.)

I hope Wii U Zelda continues that trend with the action, keeping it fluid, but hopefully with the Gamepad as the main controller we won't have the same kinds of disconnectedness that some got having to use the Wiimote. I really hope we get a return of battles on horseback, as that trailer from E3 2014 implied. That was one of my favorite gameplay aspects of Twilight Princess, and was one of the reasons why TP has the best series of final boss fights in all of Zelda in my opinion - that horseback section against Ganondorf was just fantastic, and really helped carry on the cinematic feel of the action while still being actual gameplay.

What does the control scheme have to do with how cinematic the combat is? Cinematic has to do with how the game is animated. Anyway, while I liked WW's combat when I first played it, I find it really boring in today's day and age after playing with TP's motion controls and hidden skills.

Also, I think it's pretty clear from the TGA footage that they planed to include a motion control option (since the first game, Link has never been right handed for any reason other than something technical. So unless plans change that will probably still be a thing. But we know there is a Gamepad option too.

rallydefault

@iKhan: I think it's just going to be a "different strokes for different folks" bit when it comes to motion controls. I'm in the camp that despises them. I turn off the gyroscope in Wind Waker HD, don't use it in Splatoon, etc. I know that people swear by it and say it's more precise (when it's 100% working), which I will never argue against, but I just don't like it. I'm not exactly playing Zelda (or even Splatoon, to a lesser degree) like I'm in an MLG tournament or something, so the slight sacrifice in reaction time in favor of comfort, for me, is totally worth it.

And the WW combat doesn't feel boring for me at all. Actually, I really like coming back to it after playing other games - it's refreshing.

rallydefault

CaviarMeths

I've played Twilight Princess with a traditional controller, and I still think Wind Waker's combat felt better.

If they do bring back Hidden Skills, hopefully they have a purpose this time.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

professorOak

iKhan wrote:

professorOak wrote:

What does the control scheme have to do with how cinematic the combat is? Cinematic has to do with how the game is animated. Anyway, while I liked WW's combat when I first played it, I find it really boring in today's day and age after playing with TP's motion controls and hidden skills.

Also, I think it's pretty clear from the TGA footage that they planed to include a motion control option (since the first game, Link has never been right handed for any reason other than something technical. So unless plans change that will probably still be a thing. But we know there is a Gamepad option too.

Cinematic doesn't just have to do with animation. It has to do with the feel of it. If the gameplay is fluid enough so that, regardless of how you move, it all interacts seamlessly with the action and doesn't really break away from the story, that to me is a cinematic feel. Perhaps there's a different word I'm looking for to express this, however?

And yeah, I wouldn't mind a motion control option, but I would much rather play on the Gamepad. TP and SS kind of soured me on using the Wiimote for Zelda gameplay.

Nintendo Network ID: JibbahJabbahwock

-Green-

Something cool that they should really include in the game is finally giving the all characters their own voices (except Link for obvious reasons). Skyward Sword almost did something like that and I really enjoyed. I remember hearing a while ago about how they should make up a proper Hylian language for the game and use that for their characters, or they could simply use gibberish.

Dezzy

whodatninja wrote:

Absolutely best Zelda by far! Tetra was ok too but after that she's been pretty much as bland as Link. They should def go with the Skyward Zelda personality again, and get her involved in the story a bit more.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic