Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 15,210

GrailUK

Haru17 wrote:

The PS4 sold in it's launch year with few games out, the Wii U didn't sell in it's launch year with few games out. That's what I'm saying. Zelda is not GTA, Mario is not even GTA.

It would be a mistake to release ZU on Wii U before it comes to NX because then the NX game isn't a new game, then it's just a port. You lose a lot of media attention that way.

I am not saying that ZU development began in 2011 nor that it will take them a year to port it to NX nor that EAD 3 will do the porting.

It's very possible that the Zelda U core team broke off to start before Skyward Sword was released, because god knows that game felt content light for a 3D Zelda. It's also very likely that Nintendo will have expanded EAD 3 to hasten the programming, level building, and asset creation.

All I'm saying that, if they wanted to, next November Nintendo could probably release Zelda U on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U. Failing that, though, they'll probably just release it on Wii U and NX.

It is very difficult to speculate on this Haru. Nintendo released ZTP on GC and Wii and they got away with it because there was very little jump in power. We have no idea what the NX is (even if it is a home console, it still might not be compatible.) and they obviously do not want to release Zelda on PC, PS4 etc etc. This thread has turned into mindless drivel.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Haru17

GrailUK wrote:

...and they obviously do not want to release Zelda on PC, PS4 etc etc.

Are you 5 serious? -_-

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

LegoNintendo12

Few problems with both situations. If Zelda Wii U is reserved for the NX, it's possible that the game becomes hindered from being largely developed on last gen technology. For an excellent port, lot's of work would need to be done assuming the game is already completed. However, If Zelda Wii U is not delayed and stays on Wii U (exclusive) we're not going to see Zelda NX until the end of that generation. It's possible that Zelda Wii U maybe cross- gen and release earlier on Wii U and receive an enhanced port on NX. Due to the grand scale of Zelda Wii U it's very possible that the game is large enough and epic enough to support 2 consoles.

LegoNintendo12

Haru17

LegoNintendo12 wrote:

Due to the grand scale of Zelda Wii U it's very possible that the game is large enough and epic enough to support 2 consoles.

How many AAA open world games release this year? I don't know for sure, but I'm certain it's over twenty. The Wii U generation is proof that Nintendo doesn't have a magical magnetic draw to consumers and publishers. They have to show people launch titles, new launch titles, at that, if they ever want another popular console.

Edited on by Haru17

GrailUK

Haru17 wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

Are you 5 serious? -_-

1 word argument.

Exclusives.

PaperMario64

It should either be the best Wii U game it can be or the best NX game it can be. I don't really want the same thing happening to this game, like they did to Twilight Princess.

PaperMario64

Haru17

GrailUK wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

Are you 5 serious? -_-

1 word argument.

Exclusives.

You really don't get my sarcasm, do you? Obviously I know they don't want to release their biggest game on other systems, DUH. I was saying that they could port it to all of the other systems if they wanted to as a testament to their port capabilities.

And I don't see the problem with releasing crossgeneration. Twilight Princess was great; some people prefered motion controls and others buttons.

PaperMario64

Haru17 wrote:

And I don't see the problem with releasing crossgeneration. Twilight Princess was great; some people prefered motion controls and others buttons.

The thing is that GameCube and Wii had basically the same technical specs.
If the NX turns out to be way more powerful then the Wii U, then I prefer they just make the game for one system.

PaperMario64

Haru17

PaperMario64 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

If the NX turns out to be way more powerful then the Wii U, then I prefer they just make the game for one system.

Zelda U will just run a bit better on the NX if has a better GPU than the Wii U. I still don't see the issue.

Araquanid

When TP was released, it was released on the wii first. Then it came out on the gamecube.

Unless the NX releases next year before Zelda U (or it gets delayed AGAIN) there really isn't much worry of Zelda U on the NX when the NX still has a few more years to go. (Atleast 2)

Personally I wouldn't mind a cross platform Zelda game, but it would have to have some unique control scheme for the wii u and the NX that works with the game's current mechanics.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

GrailUK

Haru17 wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

Are you 5 serious? -_-

1 word argument.

Exclusives.

You really don't get my sarcasm, do you? Obviously I know they don't want to release their biggest game on other systems, DUH. I was saying that they could port it to all of the other systems if they wanted to as a testament to their port capabilities.

Heheh ok, I think I have the flavour of your tone. My bad

Haru17

MegaBeedrill wrote:

When TP was released, it was released on the wii first. Then it came out on the gamecube.

Yep, a whole 2 weeks later.

CaviarMeths

PaperMario64 wrote:

This is not true. The Wii was significantly less powerful than either the Xbox 360 or PS3, but it was still about 2x as powerful as the Gamecube.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

NintyMan wrote:

In a detailed interview with GameSpot, Reggie explained why Zelda U wasn't at this year's E3, saying that "showing wonderful footage" of the game "would lead to further disappointment on behalf of the fans." There will be many opportunities to show Zelda U in the future. He's seen how the game has been progressing and that it will be "wonderful."

I don't understand what would've been so disappointing to see Zelda U this E3 even at an early stage, but it's always nice to hear that it's progressing well.

As I expected, it sounds like game is being retooled, so they don't have showable material yet.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haru17

NintyMan wrote:

I don't understand what would've been so disappointing to see Zelda U this E3 even at an early stage, but it's always nice to hear that it's progressing well.

It's just PR speak, they made it up yesterday. That doesn't necessarily mean the game itself is being radically changed.

They're probably saving up for another big event to have a huge coming out party: a trailer, gameplay, concept art, press screenshots, and, most importantly, the final title.

CanisWolfred

If I'm reading that right, I think he said "This game's so good, it'd be a shame to show it off"

...I don't even know how to respond to that...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

Zelda U won't be a launch title for NX.... But Twilight Princess HD will. You heard it here first. Mark my words.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

martinskrtel37

It seems logical to me - why would they tease it further when they've already announced the game is delayed?

Blast wrote:

Zelda U won't be a launch title for NX.... But Twilight Princess HD will. You heard it here first. Mark my words.

that doesn't really make sense though, Wind Waker was a great game to use to remake but I don't see the appeal in Twilight Princess..

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Sleepingmudkip

I still dont understand why they at least didn't show a little bit of Zelda U like maybe another 5 minutes of gameplay or at least maybe some concept art or even a screenshot at least

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Blast

martinskrtel37 wrote:

It seems logical to me - why would they tease it further when they've already announced the game is delayed?

Blast wrote:

that doesn't really make sense though, Wind Waker was a great game to use to remake but I don't see the appeal in Twilight Princess..

You know Midna is one of the most popular characters in the Zelda fanbase, right? Twilight Princess had great content and combat. Fix the graphics, throw in a little more content, and watch the money come in.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic