Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 15,201

CaviarMeths

I dunno if it's cool to hate Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Is it? I thought Ocarina of Time was the one that cool to hate. Or be considered overrated, anyway.

It's been at least established that it's remarkably uncool to hate 2D games.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Henmii

Have you guys heard about this awesome rumor?

Put shortly, it does sound like a Skyward sword sequel with a big emphasis on time-travelling/time altering. However, the story sounds to complex for Nintendo standards. But we'll see. By the way, there are 3 videos.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

CaviarMeths

^ title of the video made me immediately close the tab before the video even started.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Henmii

@CaviarMeths,

Why? Where you afraid of spoilers?

Does nobody find the stuff he says a tiny bit interesting? I think its interesting stuff. Dungeons with different paths, more complex time-travelling, time altering a la Prince of Persia Sands trilogy. It all sounds good!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

CaviarMeths

Henmii wrote:

Does nobody find the stuff he says a tiny bit interesting? I think its interesting stuff. Dungeons with different paths, more complex time-travelling, time altering a la Prince of Persia Sands trilogy. It all sounds good!

No, I'm just unwilling at this point to believe that we'll be seeing Zelda at E3. I'm especially unwilling to believe any rumours I see or hear about it.

There's not much to spoil regarding Zelda stories anyway. There will be a big Evil McBadyguy, probably Ganon. He will threaten to plunge the world into _______. There will be a surprise reveal in the final act.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Octane

Henmii wrote:

@CaviarMeths,

The rumour is from GameFAQs, which he didn't even post a link to. Anyway, these rumours are always false. It might be interesting to you, but that doesn't make the rumour more credible.

Octane

Octane

CaviarMeths wrote:

No, I'm just unwilling at this point to believe that we'll be seeing Zelda at E3.

I'm not counting on it either, but last year they confirmed Zelda U to be playable during E3 2015. When they said ''Zelda U won't appear at E3'', did they mean the demo at the showfloor or were they talking about the game not present during their Digital Event? Because Iwata himself hasn't been ''present at E3'' for two years now, and I wouldn't be surprised if he hosted the Digital Event, just like last year.

I wouldn't read much into it, but there's still a slither of hope.

Octane

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

There's not much to spoil regarding Zelda stories anyway. There will be a big Evil McBadyguy, probably Ganon. He will threaten to plunge the world into _______. There will be a surprise reveal in the final act.

There could be plenty to spoil, just no one purporting to actually has the ability to do so.

Due to the nature of the game, assuming most of the dungeons are completable in any order, we can already know that the main plot will be concentrated around the beginning and end of the game, perhaps with some area-specific narratives in-between. That could work, but I'm worried about what it could do to character development. Would Midna's story have had the emotional payoff it did if the dungeons of Twilight Princess were rearranged like so many puzzle pieces? Dunno, can't be certain.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

Could you imagine if Nintendo released a trailer showing amazing gameplay and, at the end of it, after the title screen goes by, Link shows up again and say something like 'let's go?' Or really any line of VO.

And then just hard cuts it, for an entire year without any new info?

I'm not arguing for or against VA, just, can you imagine how hilarious of a troll that would be? Ah! T'would be glorious! People would Freak. Out. There would be for-real suicides. Bedlam in the houses and chaos in the streets!

Edited on by Haru17

CaviarMeths

I would die if a trailer ended with Link confronting Zelda and saying, totally straight faced without a hint of irony, "Excuse me, princess." I would laugh for 12 hours and die of asphyxiation.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

I would die if a trailer ended with Link confronting Zelda and saying, totally straight faced without a hint of irony, "Excuse me, princess." I would laugh for 12 hours and die of asphyxiation.

Winning.jpg

TuVictus

Octane wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

No, I'm just unwilling at this point to believe that we'll be seeing Zelda at E3.

I'm not counting on it either, but last year they confirmed Zelda U to be playable during E3 2015. When they said ''Zelda U won't appear at E3'', did they mean the demo at the showfloor or were they talking about the game not present during their Digital Event? Because Iwata himself hasn't been ''present at E3'' for two years now, and I wouldn't be surprised if he hosted the Digital Event, just like last year.

I wouldn't read much into it, but there's still a slither of hope.

I'm sure them even mentioning it won't be at E3 means we won't hear anything about it, period. Otherwise they wouldn't go through the trouble of even mentioning it, if it was going to be a part of the Digital Event.

TuVictus

iKhan

I might have to get a Wii U for this game. I've been waiting for a successor to Snowpeak Ruins for years now.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

I might have to get a Wii U for this game. I've been waiting for a successor to Snowpeak Ruins for years now.

You mean another snow area? That'd be great, especially with next gen snow physics, perhaps a warmth or stealth mechanic in a blizzard... I have a problem.

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

He didn't say exclusively. After today I can't see the Wii U making it out of 2016 unsucceeded.

ClockworkMario

I feel like an infant who can't get his favourite toy and Nintendo is a poor babysitter who's dangling a key chain in front of my face: "Ooh, look at that, Wind Waker HD. And here's Majora's Mask! clang clang What's this now? Is it... Hyrule Warriors!? No, no, don't cry! Look, quickly! Could it be... a multiplayer rehash to a mediocre game? It is! It is!"

Untitled
Just give me something. Even concept art piece or few would go a long way, or a short trailer before the end of the year.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Gamecubed

I think they want to hype Star Fox (rightfully so), and by having Zelda Wii U there, they would eclipse it. Probably wouldn't have hurt to have had it there though. Instead we got a Hyrule Warriors port and "Three Swords Adventures".

After today, I'm starting to think major development is being shipped over to whatever the NX is.

Edited on by Gamecubed

Gamecubed

Haru17

Gamecubed wrote:

After today, I'm starting to think major development is being shipped over to whatever the NX is.

It's either that or literally 90% of Nintendo has just been playing WoW at work... (it's the former.)

Edited on by Haru17

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic