Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 15,210

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

For the record, Revenge of the Sith is not an awesome movie. Poorly written, poorly told, poorly acted, features a 30 minute dance routine as the climax, and then ends embarrassingly.

Hey, I really liked the part where Obi Wan ran under Darth Angst, grabbed the hammer of high ground, and Anakin fell into the lava. Best world 8 since SM3.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Eel

How did you guys go from Zelda, to Frozen, to philosophizing about true love and tropes and then ended up in Star Wars.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blast

Morpheel wrote:

How did you guys go from Zelda, to Frozen, to philosophizing about true love and tropes and then ended up in Star Wars.

Zelda U won't be at E3 aka no new information for a long time. This thread would sadly be dead if people didn't try to keep it alive.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

Well, we could argue about which Zelda games are real Zelda games for 12 pages again.

We should make some Zelda Bingo cards up.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CaviarMeths

Quick prototype:

Untitled

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

Not to get hopes up, but the tweet said that they wouldn't show it 'at E3,' referring to the previous promise of it being playable on the show floor (https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/581579256704081920). Does that preclude them from showing another trailer in the direct or not?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

moomoo

Haru17 wrote:

Not to get hopes up, but the tweet said that they wouldn't show it 'at E3,' referring to the previous promise of it being playable on the show floor (https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/581579256704081920). Does that preclude them from showing another trailer in the direct or not?

I really hope not. I would love to see more Zelda. Because if they don't, they'll just show Mario Maker for longer than they need to.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Blast

I remember a long time ago in this thread... Some people didn't exactly like my idea of a Zelda game with Square Enix's high detailed care for animations and graphics like Final Fantasy XV and even combat like FF XV. Always been a dream of mine to see Link walking to Epona in lush graphics and detailed animations in a game. Hahaha but that's just my dream Zelda game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

iKhan

CaviarMeths wrote:

For the record, Revenge of the Sith is not an awesome movie. Poorly written, poorly told, poorly acted, features a 30 minute dance routine as the climax, and then ends embarrassingly.

I'm not going to argue that it's well acted (although Ewan Macgregor killed it that time), but it's dialogue is written better the other prequels, and the overall story is pretty strong, not getting overcomplicated or bogged down in politics, just focusing on the fall of these characters.

The climax is the best part. That's exactly how you choreograph a fight scene (as opposed to Attack of the clones, which DID look like a dance scene). Sith ends on one of the saddest notes I've ever seen a movie end on. I think I watched it in theaters when I was 12 and I almost cried.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

iKhan wrote:

I think I watched it in theaters when I was 12 and I almost cried.

GET THAT QUOTE ON THE DVD, NOW

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GrailUK

kkslider5552000 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I think I watched it in theaters when I was 12 and I almost cried.

GET THAT QUOTE ON THE DVD, NOW

I cried on the way in. 8 quid for a ticket and didn't have enough for pop corn! GRRRR

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

The climax is the best part. That's exactly how you choreograph a fight scene (as opposed to Attack of the clones, which DID look like a dance scene). Sith ends on one of the saddest notes I've ever seen a movie end on. I think I watched it in theaters when I was 12 and I almost cried.

There's no tension. George Lucas made me sit through a duel that goes on forever and not once did I feel like either character was in any actual danger until they had their brief break to talk some more. That's when you know someone's going to bite it. Oh! They stopped fighting and started trash talking again, someone's about to eat dirt. And I bet I know who! It's boring. Overly choreographed and heavily scripted too.

On the other hand, when Luke flips out in Return of the Jedi and just starts wildly hacking at Vader and cuts off his hand, I was stunned, I really thought Luke was going to kill him. He was like 0.2 seconds away from falling forever. Also important, Luke's temptation and ultimate rejection of the dark side felt much more human and palpable than Anakin's acceptance of it. The climax of Jedi was worth 10 Siths.

This is apparently now a Star Wars thread.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Smash_kirby

Could someone merge this with the Star Wars discussion then, this thread has officially been derailed. We can open a new thread for the Legend of Zelda WiiU.

Smash_kirby

Eel

Or we could talk about starwars in the starwars thread and leave this thread in cryogenic stasis until it's relevant again.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

gcunit

[quote=iKhan]

CaviarMeths wrote:

There's no tension. George Lucas made me sit through a duel that goes on forever and not once did I feel like either character was in any actual danger until they had their brief break to talk some more. That's when you know someone's going to bite it. Oh! They stopped fighting and started trash talking again, someone's about to eat dirt. And I bet I know who! It's boring. Overly choreographed and heavily scripted too.

On the other hand, when Luke flips out in Return of the Jedi and just starts wildly hacking at Vader and cuts off his hand, I was stunned, I really thought Luke was going to kill him. He was like 0.2 seconds away from falling forever. Also important, Luke's temptation and ultimate rejection of the dark side felt much more human and palpable than Anakin's acceptance of it. The climax of Jedi was worth 10 Siths.

The Anakin/Obi-Wan duel is all about their relationship. It's an operatic expression of how their relationship has collapsed and Anakin's fall to the dark side. Unless you were... like... 7 years old when you saw it, you will have known how it was going to end before it even began, so to expect it to make you feel tension and suspense is a little harsh (though I would argue that when Anakin has Obi-Wan by the throat on the table there is decent tension anyway). You write like you expected the outcome to take you by surprise somehow.

Conversely, it's much more likely that when you first saw the end of Return of the Jedi you didn't know how it was going conclude - there's your tension right there.

That's the trouble with many people discussing the prequel trilogy. It was doomed to fail for many people regardless of how it turned out because it could never fulfil expectations.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

CaviarMeths

gcunit wrote:

The Anakin/Obi-Wan duel is all about their relationship. It's an operatic expression of how their relationship has collapsed and Anakin's fall to the dark side.

I've officially heard everything.

MegaMari0

Ooor, how about that fight between Link vs dark link. you know, multiple fights over the series. Will there be another like it in this one maybe? you know.... to get the conversation back on Zelda U.

Edited on by MegaMari0

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

iKhan

CaviarMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

This is apparently now a Star Wars thread.

They are designed to show very different things. Anakin and Obi-Wan were clearly evenly matched, hence why the fight worked the way it did. But at the same time, you see the rage in the way Anakin is fighting, and the calm in how Obi-Wan is fighting. Anakin is constantly on the offensive, slashing at Obi-Wan from every direction, while Obi-Wan is defensive, only going offensive occasionally. If you ask me, there were plenty of parts it felt like they were in danger. I mean, they were fighting on a giant lava planet.

In Jedi, the fighting was more sporadic. It wasn't supposed to show an evenly matched fight. It was a fight in the shadows. Each player was trying to manipulate the other with words, prior to fighting.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Jacob717

DjLewe78 wrote:

If Zelda U is still coming out on WII U that means we will have to wait 4 years for a new NX game. Would you prefer they just made it bad ass and launch on the new nintendo system or still have it on WII U?
Its a tough one....

From a business perspective, it would make more sense to launch it on the NX (if it's a console) and the Wii U simultaneously, but of course I would want it released on the Wii U as soon as it's finished.

Jacob717

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic