Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 15,210

hobthebob

Haru17 wrote:

hobthebob wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

MetalKingShield wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Here's the thing; no one should have done that. I understand future-proofing your console purchase, but buying a console on the promise of a specific future, unannounced, un-reviewed game isn't logical. The game will undoubtedly come to Wii U regardless, but if it releases crossplatform with the Wii U version being inferior then I don't know what you were expecting. I haven't bought a Wii U because none of the currently released games were that enticing to me.

At launch, yes, but it becomes Nintendo's responsibility once they have used a game announcement to sell a specific console, ie. when Zelda Wii U was revealed at E3 2014. Similarly, they used Twilight Princess to sell GameCubes at E3 2004.

It's not having an inferior version I object to - it's having my version made worse because of another version, like happened with TP. We don't know if the NX will have as many buttons as the Wii U. We don't even know if it'll actually be as powerful - it might be a handheld. In theory, Zelda Wii U could actually be downscaled so it runs on another piece of hardware.

Firstly, I already qualified that this is all assuming NX = Wii 3. Secondly, this the exact inverse of the Zelda U crossplatform hypothetical. Twilight Princess was better on gamecube, hands down. It was clearly designed for button controls and it looked the same on either platform, so I can't see how early gamecube adopters lost out. All of Nintendo's best games are on gamecube, really.

Lol gc twilight princess was the same as wii version but with buttons. Wii version had superior pointer controls and entertaining swordplay. Id hardly call super mario sunshine one of their best marios, either. Gamecube had a few good games, but wii was better in almost every way. Anyway if Nintendo does port it to a new system, they will probably make it more engaging and user friendly, just the way they did with twilight princess. It's a win win for everyone IF that happens, and thats not likely.

Its more likely nintendo is just putting off releasing zelda u to fill some game spots in 2016

Nah, mate, buttons = quick response time = better combat by far. That's why there's no way Zelda U could be worse than Skyward Sword, even if it only has, like, 5 dungeons and a bad story.

Eh, i take it you never played twilight princess on wii. The control lag was non existent. It had virtually the same lag time that a button press has, and if it was any longer, it was practically unnoticeable. Anyway the added immersion scored with motion controls compensated for any millisecond response lag.

Admittedly it is a matter of personal preference, but neither of us can claim an objective stance on which version was "better"

Edited on by hobthebob

hobthebob

triforcepower73

I'm really freaking excited to see what the "new possibilities" that Aonuma mentioned are. And the way he worded it is exciting me. Especially the "and it now feels like we have the potential to create something that exceeds my own expectations." And I love his attitude. He doesn't want to be restricted by creating a game with the goal of getting it out in a certain time, but to make "the ultimate and most complete Zelda game."

However, I can't help but worry that this delay will hurt sales of the game and the Wii U. I can't imagine the game being delayed far enough into 2016 to be released after E3 2016. Therefore, Zelda Wii U probably won't get the publicity that E3 brings to games and I can see that hurting sales. Also, if it releases before November and the big Black Friday rush of 2016, which it most likely will, then it won't get as good sales as if it had released November 2015.

Lastly, I am kind of relieved that it isn't releasing this year, since I'll probably be occupied with XCX for at least 4 months(and that'll be with me playing only that game).

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Haru17

hobthebob wrote:

Eh, i take it you never played twilight princess on wii. The control lag was non existent. It had virtually the same lag time that a button press has, and if it was any longer, it was practically unnoticeable. Anyway the added immersion scored with motion controls compensated for any millisecond response lag.

Admittedly it is a matter of personal preference, but neither of us can claim an objective stance on which version was "better"

I totally can. I've played both versions of my favorite game in existence and the gamecube button controls are faster. They just are. I don't know if you have an automail arm, but human fingers can generally press a button faster than a human wrist can waggle a wiimote. It's just twitchier that way, which I prefer.

And this Zelda U 1 year delay means we won't see anything until December 2015 or E3 2016, but it also gives Zelda U a much better chance to be a great game.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

And this Zelda U 1 year delay means we won't see anything until December 2015 or E3 2016, but it also gives Zelda U a much better chance to be a great game.

You just made that up! You're on a high from all the predictive power!

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

LegoNintendo12

The fact that it won't be shown at E3 is kinda baffling. I mean they decided not to show it at e3 2013, which is understandable, but then they showed it at 2014. Also we got gameplay footage. On top of that they were confident with at 2015 release date. Even though they discovered new ideas I would expect some mention of it at E3. I really hope Nintendo isn't going to do a cross gen. If they do they could do it with Metroid and other Nintendo franchises.

LegoNintendo12

hobthebob

Well to each his own.

Anyway 1 year delay? Since when? Maybe a 1 year delay is possible, but not absolute. On another note, for all we know the game is already done. Its not unlike nintendo to give a bs reason for something, simply because it makes good business sense for them marketing wise and sales wise etc.

I sincerely hope this game isnt delayed a full year. Spring or summer 2015, please!

hobthebob

LinkSword

LegoNintendo12 wrote:

The fact that it won't be shown at E3 is kinda baffling. I mean they decided not to show it at e3 2013, which is understandable, but then they showed it at 2014. Also we got gameplay footage. On top of that they were confident with at 2015 release date. Even though they discovered new ideas I would expect some mention of it at E3. I really hope Nintendo isn't going to do a cross gen. If they do they could do it with Metroid and other Nintendo franchises.

I'd agree they definitely could, and should show us some tidbits during E3, as it's a perfect chance to keep hype alive and healthy for some more time by providing more information to debate and fantasize about.

There's still time until the event takes place, so hopefully they'll rethink their choice on that one regard.

LinkSword

LegoNintendo12

LinkSword wrote:

LegoNintendo12 wrote:

I'd agree they definitely could, and should show us some tidbits during E3, as it's a perfect chance to keep hype alive and healthy for some more time by providing more information to debate and fantasize about.

There's still time until the event takes place, so hopefully they'll rethink their choice on that one regard.

Yeah hopefully Nintendo will stay dedicated to the Wii U. It's times like these that I wish Nintendo would come out and state if they are willing to support the Wii U fully for the next 2 years. If Zelda Wii U launches on both NX and Wii U, why can't a game like Metroid. I mean Nintendo already confirmed that a new Mario game won't be coming to Wii U and probably on their next system. All we can do is wait and hope that Zelda Wii U will only be on Wii U and take advantage of the gamepad and stand as a masterpiece.

LegoNintendo12

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

You just made that up! You're on a high from all the predictive power!

Well, yes I am a bit buzzed from this, but another word for 'made that up' is 'inferred'. Because Nintendo chose to have Zelda forgo the biggest games marketing event of this year it tells me that we won't be seeing it before, nor long after E3 2015. The only high profile events after E3 are The Game Awards and then the next E3. Nintendo clearly wants us to forget about the game for at least a year. Where are they going to show it if not at E3 or TGA? Gamescom? PAX!?! Not bloody likely.

LzWinky

Well that's certainly a bummer

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Henmii

Well, it has happened guys: The game has been delayed untill 2016. It was to be expected, but the strange thing is they won't show it at E3 at all. Wich may mean the Wii u version is canceled, and it comes to the NX instead. That, + the Wii u news drought can only mean one thing: The Wii u has already internally been killed off. The new Starfox and new Retro studios project may end up on the NX too. I expect a very dissapointing E3, I am not sure if I'll watch it anymore. After all, I don't expect many cool new game announcements, since they probably save those for the time the NX will be revealed. And I don't give a bleep about Amiibo and mobile-nonsense!

Henmii

ZurrrrBlattTron

Don't Know why everyone is so baffled, last we saw of it, it looked pretty good but still looked pretty early in development.

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

LzWinky

Henmii wrote:

Well, it has happened guys: The game has been delayed untill 2016. It was to be expected, but the strange thing is they won't show it at E3 at all. Wich may mean the Wii u version is canceled, and it comes to the NX instead. That, + the Wii u news drought can only mean one thing: The Wii u has already internally been killed off. The new Starfox and new Retro studios project may end up on the NX too. I expect a very dissapointing E3, I am not sure if I'll watch it anymore. After all, I don't expect many cool new game announcements, since they probably save those for the time the NX will be revealed. And I don't give a bleep about Amiibo and mobile-nonsense!

Of course! This system we know nothing about is totally the reason Wii U won't have any games for two years!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

renaryuugufan92

Henmii wrote:

Well, it has happened guys: The game has been delayed untill 2016. It was to be expected, but the strange thing is they won't show it at E3 at all. Wich may mean the Wii u version is canceled, and it comes to the NX instead. That, + the Wii u news drought can only mean one thing: The Wii u has already internally been killed off.

I have the same hunch that the game will come out on the NX as well.. this reminds me so much of the delay of Twilight Princess in 2005, then the game came out on the Wii, admit it did come out on the GameCube as well but still, this development with Zelda Wii U and the fact that its not going to be shown at E3... really has some alarm bells going off personally. Although, it would be a decent move to make it a NX launch title lets be honest here.

also unless they show off some surprises, I doupt Splatoon, Mario Maker and Star Fox will help the Wii U as much as Zelda would have this year.. bummer. :

Edited on by renaryuugufan92

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Dezzy

Henmii wrote:

Right. And it was killed off because Miyamoto is secretly a dimension-hopping lizard.
They've spent all of this time developing it on the Wii U. They're not just gonna ditch that.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

iKhan

Is Nintendo high? Like, in what world does it make sense to delay your big holiday title. Look, as a Zelda fan, I understand. As a person who wants to see Nintendo succeed, I'm pissed. The Wii U's grave has already been dug, but this sealed the coffin.

That said, it'd be interesting if this were ported to the NX. I genuinely believe that the NX is a handheld launching winter 2016. A port would be understandable.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Henmii wrote:

Right. And it was killed off because Miyamoto is secretly a dimension-hopping lizard.
They've spent all of this time developing it on the Wii U. They're not just gonna ditch that.

Well...

Untitled

I'm sure the gamepad stuff will all be quite clever.

Henmii

"They've spent all of this time developing it on the Wii U. They're not just gonna ditch that"

We'll see! Its a bit of a Twilight princess situation, though in that case the game still arrived on Gamecube. But man, did Nintendo keep us in the cold back then. It was at a VERY late date that Nintendo finally revealed it would still come to Gamecube. However, in Japan it wasn't even available at Retail.

Back to Zelda u: I can see Nintendo ditching the Wii u version of the new Zelda though, because it wouldn't have saved the Wii u anyway. And they are probably reworking the game for NX as we speak.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

shingi_70

Wii U is dead. Long live NX!

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic