Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 15,210

Haru17

MorphMarron wrote:

Haru predicted it all

I so *$%#ing called it! Well, not really, but how about that timing, eh? It's like Aonuma made this announcement to specifically vindicate my hypothesis.

This is probably a good 'never say never' lesson for the people who were so closed to even the notion that Zelda wouldn't have a big E3 presence or release in 2015.

In any case, how will this work? Zelda U could release Spring 2016, but let's be honest, that's probably not happening. ZU is too big a game for that and Spring didn't do The Wind Waker's sales any favors. Assuming Zelda U is a Fall / Winter 2016 release, then how can they show it alongside, but separate from the NX at E3. That's like heralding the future while wearing a horse blinder, eyes fixed on the past.

Assuming the NX is a new console (at least partially) I'm almost certain that Zelda U will be crossplatform. Nintendo would be truly shortsighted not to do this. Obviously Zelda U is going to be the best thing since sliced rumble controllers, so they need that new hotness as a killer app on their newest, hottest platform.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

Not even at E3... That's the biggest blow.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

In any case, how will this work? Zelda U could release Spring 2016, but let's be honest, that's probably not happening. ZU is too big a game for that and Spring didn't do Skyward Sword's sales any favors. Assuming Zelda U is a Fall / Winter 2016 release, then how can they show it alongside, but separate from the NX at E3. That's like heralding the future while wearing a horse blinder, eyes fixed on the past.

Skyward Sword was released in November.

Octane

Haru17

Octane wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

In any case, how will this work? Zelda U could release Spring 2016, but let's be honest, that's probably not happening. ZU is too big a game for that and Spring didn't do Skyward Sword's sales any favors. Assuming Zelda U is a Fall / Winter 2016 release, then how can they show it alongside, but separate from the NX at E3. That's like heralding the future while wearing a horse blinder, eyes fixed on the past.

Skyward Sword was released in November.

I'm old! I was thinking of the Wind Waker's release date.

TheKingOfTown

Not at E3 at all? That's really surprising.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Jacob717

Haru17 wrote:

Assuming the NX is a new console (at least partially) I'm almost certain that Zelda U will be crossplatform. Nintendo would be truly shortsighted not to do this. Obviously Zelda U is going to be the best thing since sliced rumble controllers, so they need that new hotness as a killer app on their newest, hottest platform.

Yeah, I see it coming to the NX. Though this would be that the Wii U would be the only Nintendo console to not have a Zelda game to itself (excluding enhanced ports, VC and limited edition copies). I wonder how the people who bought a Wii U already, specifically for Zelda U would feel if that happened?

Jacob717

kkslider5552000

I am lucky because I have this entirely unplayed copy of Wind Waker HD still downloaded on my Wii U.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

luisesteban

I hope nintendo has something big under the sleeve in e3 for this year, or 2015 would be a dissapointment.

luisesteban

hobthebob

The game is already completed. Aonuma was just told to say that stuff to appease fans. Their real plan is to use zelda to keep sales chugging slowly along well into 2016, so that no one loses interestin nintendo before nx is released.

They lied about the delay of twilight princess by saying it had to do with adding more levels, when in reality it mostly had to do with maximizing sales potential during the release of the wii.

hobthebob

Haru17

Dipper723 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Yeah, I see it coming to the NX. Though this would be that the Wii U would be the only Nintendo console to not have a Zelda game to itself (excluding enhanced ports, VC and limited edition copies). I wonder how the people who bought a Wii U already, specifically for Zelda U would feel if that happened?

Here's the thing; no one should have done that. I understand future-proofing your console purchase, but buying a console on the promise of a specific future, unannounced, un-reviewed game isn't logical. The game will undoubtedly come to Wii U regardless, but if it releases crossplatform with the Wii U version being inferior then I don't know what you were expecting. I haven't bought a Wii U because none of the currently released games were that enticing to me.

I mean, there have to be early adopters, but early adopters always get the worst deal. I suppose that injustice is inherent to the industry.

MetalKingShield

Haru17 wrote:

Here's the thing; no one should have done that. I understand future-proofing your console purchase, but buying a console on the promise of a specific future, unannounced, un-reviewed game isn't logical. The game will undoubtedly come to Wii U regardless, but if it releases crossplatform with the Wii U version being inferior then I don't know what you were expecting. I haven't bought a Wii U because none of the currently released games were that enticing to me.

At launch, yes, but it becomes Nintendo's responsibility once they have used a game announcement to sell a specific console, ie. when Zelda Wii U was revealed at E3 2014. Similarly, they used Twilight Princess to sell GameCubes at E3 2004.

It's not having an inferior version I object to - it's having my version made worse because of another version, like happened with TP. We don't know if the NX will have as many buttons as the Wii U. We don't even know if it'll actually be as powerful - it might be a handheld. In theory, Zelda Wii U could actually be downscaled so it runs on another piece of hardware.

MetalKingShield

Eel

I think we are being too hasty at assuming that the NX will be a next gen home console.

For all we know it could be a completely different thing or a new portable. It could even be a service instead of a physical thing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

MetalKingShield wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

At launch, yes, but it becomes Nintendo's responsibility once they have used a game announcement to sell a specific console, ie. when Zelda Wii U was revealed at E3 2014. Similarly, they used Twilight Princess to sell GameCubes at E3 2004.

It's not having an inferior version I object to - it's having my version made worse because of another version, like happened with TP. We don't know if the NX will have as many buttons as the Wii U. We don't even know if it'll actually be as powerful - it might be a handheld. In theory, Zelda Wii U could actually be downscaled so it runs on another piece of hardware.

Firstly, I already qualified that this is all assuming NX = Wii 3. Secondly, this the exact inverse of the Zelda U crossplatform hypothetical. Twilight Princess was better on gamecube, hands down. It was clearly designed for button controls and it looked the same on either platform, so I can't see how early gamecube adopters lost out. All of Nintendo's best games are on gamecube, really.

hobthebob

Haru17 wrote:

MetalKingShield wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Firstly, I already qualified that this is all assuming NX = Wii 3. Secondly, this the exact inverse of the Zelda U crossplatform hypothetical. Twilight Princess was better on gamecube, hands down. It was clearly designed for button controls and it looked the same on either platform, so I can't see how early gamecube adopters lost out. All of Nintendo's best games are on gamecube, really.

Lol gc twilight princess was the same as wii version but with buttons. Wii version had superior pointer controls and entertaining swordplay. Id hardly call super mario sunshine one of their best marios, either. Gamecube had a few good games, but wii was better in almost every way. Anyway if Nintendo does port it to a new system, they will probably make it more engaging and user friendly, just the way they did with twilight princess. It's a win win for everyone IF that happens, and thats not likely.

Its more likely nintendo is just putting off releasing zelda u to fill some game spots in 2016

hobthebob

Dezzy

MorphMarron wrote:

I think we are being too hasty at assuming that the NX will be a next gen home console.

For all we know it could be a completely different thing or a new portable. It could even be a service instead of a physical thing.

Oh god, it's gonna turn out to be cloud gaming isn't it? That'd probably finish the company off!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

hobthebob wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

MetalKingShield wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Lol gc twilight princess was the same as wii version but with buttons. Wii version had superior pointer controls and entertaining swordplay. Id hardly call super mario sunshine one of their best marios, either. Gamecube had a few good games, but wii was better in almost every way. Anyway if Nintendo does port it to a new system, they will probably make it more engaging and user friendly, just the way they did with twilight princess. It's a win win for everyone IF that happens, and thats not likely.

Its more likely nintendo is just putting off releasing zelda u to fill some game spots in 2016

Nah, mate, buttons = quick response time = better combat by far. That's why there's no way Zelda U could be worse than Skyward Sword, even if it only has, like, 5 dungeons and a bad story.

hobthebob

What would you do if Nintendo's NX was a flop?

hobthebob

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic