Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 15,201

Justlink

Blast wrote:

Not even E3?! How embarrassing!!!

Yeah, sounds like they are changing a lot up if it won't be shown at E3. I'm hoping, maybe, just maybe, April first they'll say April fools! but probably not. I'm fine with the delay, but i was excited for E3

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

MsJubilee

I could deal with the delay,but seriously no footage at E3?Is the game not even close to good to not be shown at a event big like this?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Octane

Sigh... It was the one and only game I was looking forward to this year... I mean, there's plenty of other great game coming out, but still.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm just confused on how anyone could think they wouldn't show a trailer at E3 in the first place. It's basically been confirmed since last year that Zelda was gonna be their big game for this year. I mean, it's also possible that Beyond Good and Evil 2 and the Last Guardian will both show up at E3 this year and come out in the same week this year, but...I don't think I would count on that. Same way I don't count on being struck by lightning.

Well crap...um...

I guess I should get ready for Beyond Good and Evil 2 in that case!

To be fair, they were very confident that this game was going to release in 2015, there was no reason to assume otherwise.

Octane

NintendoFan64

I knew this would happen...Crap. Also, no E3!? SERIOUSLY!?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

cookiex

shingi_70 wrote:

The NOA twitter account tweeted that the game won't even be at E3 this year.

I understand the delay, but no E3 showing is just bizarre. Now I've lost some of my excitement for the show.

Nintendo better have something to replace it this holiday.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Dezzy

Sad day, I was so looking forward to this.

I guess this means the release date for Xenoblade Chronicles X will be November 21st.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Jacob717

Twilight Princess is trending on Twitter. Do you think that they're going to try and make this a launch title for the Nintendo NX, and release it on both consoles simultaneously.

Jacob717

Gamecubed

Not even E3!?

Delays are for the better, but this makes my heart hurt.

Gamecubed

MsJubilee

Dipper723 wrote:

Twilight Princess is trending on Twitter. Do you think that they're going to try and make this a launch title for the Nintendo NX, and release it on both consoles simultaneously.

A launch title for the NX?That would be something,but i don't honestly think they will hold a new Zelda for a new console that might come two years later after it's announcement.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Peach64

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if it ends up being Twilight Princess all over again with a dual release on the next console. If it was just the delay, I'd say it was too much, but the fact they won't be showing it off at E3 suggest it's a lot further away than we thought.

Peach64

Octane

Here's our new holiday title folks:

Untitled

Octane

Dezzy

Dipper723 wrote:

Twilight Princess is trending on Twitter.

Why?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

cookiex

Now that it's been delayed all it needs now is to release with a game-breaking bug that gets you stuck if you perform a certain sequence of events and the 3D Zelda release cycle will be complete once again.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Ralizah

Wonder how many more big 2015 games will be delayed? They'd better release Xenoblade Chronicles X this year in the West, or my Wii U won't be receiving much love for a while.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

DefHalan

Delay is disappointing but just means Star Fox gets more focus this holiday

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

crimsoncavalier

DefHalan wrote:

Delay is disappointing but just means Star Fox gets more focus

...we've heard even less of SF than we had of Zelda, and look what happened to it.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Electricmastro

It has actually been a longer time that we've been without a new Metroid game than a new Zelda game at this point. If Nintendo were to release a Metroid title either this year or early next year. I think that it would pretty much have me forget this understandable disappointment.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

LinkSword

The more I think about this announcement and its implications, the more excited I am.

As much as I looked forward to the game for later this year I really don't mind a delay. In the long term it's clear which is the best option in terms of quality and legacy. Is Zelda U going to be just that one title that attempted something very ambitious and was overall another enjoyable piece in the franchise? Or is it going to be a true masterpiece that'll forever be etched in the backs of the minds of 95 percent of people who play it, and in due time recognized as an all-time classic? Months of development can be the difference between one thing and the other.

On top of that, I have a huuuge gaming backlog, along with other different backlogs. I'll make time until this game happens, you can be sure of that.

Hang in there, Aonuma. I love everything you do.

Edited on by LinkSword

LinkSword

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic