Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 181 to 200 of 15,210

erv

Please do NOT change that art style. It is absolutely gorgeous.

So, so beautiful.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

whodatninja

cookiex wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Another interesting comment I’ve heard, quite frequently actually, is that, “Oh Link’s a woman. Link is female now.” That might be something that consciously we kind of did, but not to say anything specific – I am not saying anything specific

That is some Sakurai-level of trolling.

Business as usual over at Nintendo

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

jump

SanderEvers wrote:

cookiex wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Another interesting comment I’ve heard, quite frequently actually, is that, “Oh Link’s a woman. Link is female now.” That might be something that consciously we kind of did, but not to say anything specific – I am not saying anything specific

That is some Sakurai-level of trolling.

Indeed, Link is still male. Though I wouldn't mind be given a choice to play as a female hero. (But she should be a different person from Link like the boy/girl from the Pokémon games)

I don't think a main character who isn't Link in Zelda would be accepted by gamers.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dreamz

arronishere wrote:

SanderEvers wrote:

Indeed, Link is still male. Though I wouldn't mind be given a choice to play as a female hero. (But she should be a different person from Link like the boy/girl from the Pokémon games)

I don't think a main character who isn't Link in Zelda would be accepted by gamers.

SanderEvers wrote:

Except when it's Zelda herself.

The story would be different though. With Link being kidnapped, and Zelda needs to rescue him. Or like a co-op mode where the two fight together against Ganon.

I've said it before, and I'll say it here again: I really, really want to play a Legend of Zelda game that actually focuses on Zelda herself.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

jump

SanderEvers wrote:

Except when it's Zelda herself.

The story would be different though. With Link being kidnapped, and Zelda needs to rescue him. Or like a co-op mode where the two fight together against Ganon.

I disagree, there has been Zelda games without Zelda in them and people even think Link is called Zelda. Link is the hero and the one people identify with so to lose Link would be a turn off for a lot of people.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Jaz007

Yep, trolling. Usually conspiracy theories like this aren't true. I can see why he would do this, it's got to be amusing to see the crazy whack stuff people come up and support their theory with.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

jump

SanderEvers wrote:

Nobody who actually plays the game would confuse Link with Zelda.

And I'm not saying that Link shouldn't be in the game, but there should be an option.
And actually it happened before. With the CDi games

but yeah...
This could also happen someday.

I don't think using the CD-I games as an example of how to do a Zelda game is the best counter arguement

Nicolai wrote:

Alucard83

I hope it won't be skyward either. Never playes cos it looked like crap. Even gamecube had better graphics. I was dissapointed so now wiating for th WII U.

Alucard83

ClockworkMario

@DestinyMan
Ah, that's too bad. Quite odd how the game is still so far away even though Aonuma said that it was almost exhibited already a year ago. Then again the huge world, if in fact so limitless as seen on the teaser, will take quite a while to finish.

I'm really pumped about the open world aspect, but they have to really nail it. The world must feel living and breathing; the characters ought to have at least one routine they're doing instead of just waiting carefully in some corner for Link to arrive and speak with them. I'm talking about Majora's Mask style day-cycle, with random encounters and sidequests sprinkled left and right. There should be multiple villages and cities full of original characters and even some areas that aren't mandatory in the main quest, but can be found with a little exploration.

I don't think Link's a girl nor will they make him one, even though the series mythos doesn't explicitly deny it his character is too set in stone by this point,

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Yoshi

Alucard83 wrote:

I hope it won't be skyward either. Never playes cos it looked like crap. Even gamecube had better graphics. I was dissapointed so now wiating for th WII U.

Realism =/= Better graphics.

SS had very good visuals that would not be possible on the GameCube. If you actually look into Twilight Princess, the graphics are not as good as you thought they were.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

HappyHappyist

brewsky wrote:

Alucard83 wrote:

SS had very good visuals that would not be possible on the GameCube. If you actually look into Twilight Princess, the graphics are not as good as you thought they were.

WW on the gamecube still looks better than any other zelda game. Even now, SS's visuals are dated, and TP's were dated from the day it was released. WW still looks the best, even better than it's WiiU rerelease.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Spoony_Tech

brewsky wrote:

Alucard83 wrote:

Never understood people not playing an excellent game because of the visuals. Yes your right, It did look great and more then likely wouldn't look nearly as good on the cube. I play games for fun. What they look like is a big part of the game but shouldn't be the sole judgement for a game. Gameplay is 10X more important.

@ClockworkMario I wanted all those things for Twilight Princess so yeah I want those as they should be mandatory by now.

@HappyHappyist You can take those blinders off now as the Wii U version looks 10X better. Yes there was nothing wrong with the visuals back then but look how they improved them. I don't necessarily think any of the post Majoras Mask games look dated. They still hold up well even if there not hd. graphics.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

It's Link. The same Link it's always been. He's just trying to cause a reaction.

I'm shocked. Utterly, utterly shocked.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Sparkyboy6

I hope to see more of this soon! The art style is beautiful and looks very interesting. The new open world approach is exciting.

Currently Playing - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Previously Played - Super Paper Mario

My Mario Kart 8 Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfhRkNlNAJc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DqTSgkdN7w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCp7UyJeDqQ

Nintendo Network ID: Joe1998

Rosstifer_Z

It was pretty obvious Aonuma was trolling, well not to some people.

Some of the theories were ridiculously insane. But strangely good at the same time. Some of you guys should write your own Zelda stories, lol.

NNID - Rosstifer Friend Code - 2191-7854-4449

HappyHappyist

Rosstifer_Z wrote:

Some of you guys should write your own Zelda stories, lol.

I'm pretty sure some people have. I've got the plot down for mine, I just suck at writing, lel.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HappyHappyist

Why does everyone think if you play as a female character, Zelda is the best choice? I never understood that. Playing as Impa would be a lot cooler and would make more sense, since Zelda is a princess and Impa actually knows how to fight. It doesn't even need to be Impa though, a female lead would be a great opportunity for nintendo to create a whole new character, which could lead into a very interesting plot since Link isn't the main character.

Blue blue.

Dreamz

HappyHappyist wrote:

Why does everyone think if you play as a female character, Zelda is the best choice? I never understood that. Playing as Impa would be a lot cooler and would make more sense, since Zelda is a princess and Impa actually knows how to fight. It doesn't even need to be Impa though, a female lead would be a great opportunity for nintendo to create a whole new character, which could lead into a very interesting plot since Link isn't the main character.

Because A) Zelda's name is in the title, and B) many of Zelda's incarnations are combat-ready.

Of course, that's forgetting the fact that the moment that Zelda shed her disguise in OoT, she immediately became useless and was captured. >.<

Beyond that, however, the games have generally been as much about puzzles and exploration as they have about combat, so it would be relatively easy to ease out most of the combat in lieu of more diverse gameplay options.

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

HappyHappyist

Dreamz wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

Because A) Zelda's name is in the title, and B) many of Zelda's incarnations are combat-ready.

Of course, that's forgetting the fact that the moment that Zelda shed her disguise in OoT, she immediately became useless and was captured. >.<

A.) Why does that matter? Her name is in the title, but you play as Link anyways. Zelda's barely even in MM, and her name is in the title.
B.) I never saw that in any of her incarnations other than OoT Zelda, and you even pointed out that when her disguise was removed, she was instantly useless.
Just because the lead of the game is a different character doesn't mean it can't be relevant to the story. If anything, a different lead character can be interesting.

Blue blue.

Spoony_Tech

I most preferred the person that said it was Link and Zeldas daughter. The story would go something like she out on a mission to find her long lost father that's been missing for 10 years now. She remembers him well but when she came of age sought out to find him. When out in the world she finds him early in in the game say after the first 2 dungeon and teams up with her dad to fight none other then Ganon. Yes the last 6 dungeons will be co-op with all new elements mixed in. It can be played locally with 2 players at that point.

Hey I can dream can't I??

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic