Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 15,201

Haru17

Octane wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Why does no one understand conditional statements here? It's just basic hypothesis structure; If E3 2015 passes with no huge Zelda trailer or demo, then Zelda U won't be out this year, because Nintendo isn't stupid enough to not capitalize on E3 when they haven't marketed their biggest game more than twice when it's supposed to be releasing in less than half a year!

It's just an obvious prediction!

It's still an assumption.

... It-...

No, it is a prediction. That's what a hypothesis is. I'm not saying that this will come to pass, but if those conditions do come to pass, then I expect my prediction will be 100% accurate. That's why I made it.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

kkslider5552000

I'm just confused on how anyone could think they wouldn't show a trailer at E3 in the first place. It's basically been confirmed since last year that Zelda was gonna be their big game for this year. I mean, it's also possible that Beyond Good and Evil 2 and the Last Guardian will both show up at E3 this year and come out in the same week this year, but...I don't think I would count on that. Same way I don't count on being struck by lightning.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ClockworkMario

Dezzy wrote:

It's a great trailer, sure. But I'm obviously not getting what you're trying to say. In what way is that not a "hype" trailer? (I was trying to say that I thought pretty much all trailers would count as hype trailers)

While it's true that folks got excited about the Zelda U's reveal, I wouldn't call that a hype trailer. Let's compare it to the Twilight Princess one: there's a big build-up, followed by huge promises — blades will bleed, there's a Balrog to fight etc. — all the while "Riders of Doom" is blazing in the background. Zelda U lacked all of that. I mean the final product will surely be great, but I wouldn't say the initial trailer was a "hype" one. In fact, neither was A Link Between Worlds'. Quite the opposite, it looks rather deflating and lacklustre.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Blast

Now that Sony's Uncharted 4 got delayed, releasing Zelda U in November just got even better for Nintendo.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dezzy

CaviarMeths wrote:

In a classic interpretation of quantum physics,

I think the classic interpretation of quantum physics is actually "What the hell just happened? That's some crazyyy sheett."

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Nicolai

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm just confused on how anyone could think they wouldn't show a trailer at E3 in the first place. It's basically been confirmed since last year that Zelda was gonna be their big game for this year. I mean, it's also possible that Beyond Good and Evil 2 and the Last Guardian will both show up at E3 this year and come out in the same week this year, but...I don't think I would count on that. Same way I don't count on being struck by lightning.

All I'm saying is that s**t happens. I really don't think it's going to be delayed, considering how well they've been able to show it off and how much it would ruin their schedule of releases if they did. However, I wouldn't count on it's delay being likely than being struck by lightning when we don't even know that much about the game yet. We don't know what problems they're experiencing in development, because we don't know how crazy their new ideas are, or how many new ideas they even have.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

Now that Sony's Uncharted 4 got delayed, releasing Zelda U in November just got even better for Nintendo.

Watch Zelda U get delayed!That would be hilarious!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CaviarMeths

Dezzy wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

In a classic interpretation of quantum physics,

I think the classic interpretation of quantum physics is actually "What the hell just happened? That's some crazyyy sheett."

I had a little to drink last night, and I guess that was my long-winded way of saying that Haru's prediction is pointless because there's an infinitesimally small chance that Zelda won't be at E3 anyway.

"If the sun explodes tomorrow, then I will not be getting a haircut next week."

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haiassai

CaviarMeths wrote:

The many-worlds interpretation...

I'm personally not a fan of the man-worlds interpretation. Not that it shouldn't exist, but I think it's overplayed and can lead to escapism [especially when used in science fiction] #justwantedtosaythat #letsnotfollowthattangent

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

Dezzy

Haiassai wrote:

I'm personally not a fan of the man-worlds interpretation.

The man-worlds interpretation is a bit sexist though.

Ralizah

In Man-Worlds, yaoi is the --only-- option.

Ahem.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda U gets delayed. It's supposedly going to be this huge HD open-world adventure. Nintendo is still fairly new to HD and has almost no experience with making open-world games, to my knowledge.

At least we probably don't need to worry about Nintendo rushing it out in an unfinished state...

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

crimsoncavalier

@Haru17 Fine, whatever ... XP I still am not convinced that a lack of trailer means lack of progress means no 2015 release, but it doesn't matter.

@Ralizah - I don't think "HD" has anything to do with a game being delayed or not. I mean, they've made plenty already. Neither does experience making open-world games (although I would argue that they have some experience making quasi-open-world games, like Chibi Robo).

Again, there is absolutely no proof of any sort of delay whatsoever. In fact, all of the available evidence points to a Fall 2015 release. Why all the delay talk?

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Eel

@Haru: take a deep breath

This episode of the thread got me wondering how much of the game will they show at e3. Of course, if they show it.

Hopefully enough to satisfy the hype needs of the fans.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

@crimsoncavalier

Nintendo has never produced an HD Zelda game before. Let alone one with a radically different progression structure than almost every other game in the series (except the NES original). You fail to see how this could lead to them needing more time to iron out the bugs in the finished product?

Not to mention that Zelda games are no strangers to delays.

I'm hoping Zelda U is kind of like Majora's Mask 3D in that they're just playing their cards close to their chests until they're pretty much done with it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

Ralizah wrote:

@crimsoncavalier

Nintendo has never produced an HD Zelda game before. Let alone one with a radically different progression structure than almost every other game in the series (except the NES original). You fail to see how this could lead to them needing more time to iron out the bugs in the finished product?

> The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Besides, I don't really get the fuss about HD, just because it has a name, it becomes more difficult to develop a game in that resolution? Nobody was worried when they upped the resolution in between OoT and WW. Sure it's another challenge, but I doubt it's going to cause too much problems for them.

Octane

Ralizah

Octane wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

@crimsoncavalier

> The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Besides, I don't really get the fuss about HD, just because it has a name, it becomes more difficult to develop a game in that resolution? Nobody was worried when they upped the resolution in between OoT and WW. Sure it's another challenge, but I doubt it's going to cause too much problems for them.

Wind Waker HD is merely a remaster, but fine. There hasn't been an HD main series entry in the franchise yet.

Miyamoto said it himself: "When it comes to the scale of software development, Wii U with HD graphics requires about twice the human resources than before.” (source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/07/08/miyamoto-ad...

Not saying it's some gigantic hurdle, but it is something to consider, given that, yes, development of an HD game will require more resources. Surely it is possible to recognize something as a significant factor without blowing its role out of proportion, yes?

If anything, I would think the open-world structure would cause more of a delay than anything, given, again, Nintendo's relative lack of experience with it.

Edited on by Ralizah

luisesteban

At this point, making a HD or SD game is not such a difference. They has the technology necessary to. It there would be any kind of delay, it would be cause of a resource shortages, like developers or money. Or, that they decide to include extra content.
The teams that been working with Wind Waker HD and Majora's Mask has to be now, working in the U project. So, a human resources problem, it wouldn't be the problem. Just relax, and wait for E3 and sorry for my english.

luisesteban

Dezzy

luisesteban wrote:

At this point, making a HD or SD game is not such a difference. They has the technology necessary to. It there would be any kind of delay, it would be cause of a resource shortages, like developers or money. Or, that they decide to include extra content.
The teams that been working with Wind Waker HD and Majora's Mask has to be now, working in the U project. So, a human resources problem, it wouldn't be the problem. Just relax, and wait for E3 and sorry for my english.

I'm not necessarily agreeing with the argument in question but there definitely is a pretty big different between SD and HD. It's got nothing to do with "having the technology".
HD requires a hell of a lot more time and energy spent on model detail and texture detail because you can see so much more. That's pretty much where all of the budgets of these huge games is going to. There's not much difference between SD and HD for the coding side, that's certainly true. But for the art side it's huge!

Haru17

crimsoncavalier wrote:

@Ralizah - I don't think "HD" has anything to do with a game being delayed or not. I mean, they've made plenty already. Neither does experience making open-world games (although I would argue that they have some experience making quasi-open-world games, like Chibi Robo).

Again, there is absolutely no proof of any sort of delay whatsoever. In fact, all of the available evidence points to a Fall 2015 release. Why all the delay talk?

You're joking yourself if you don't realize the stress HD has put on Nintendo's development resources. Hell, every developer is struggling with next gen, just look at Ubisoft and all of the games delayed out of 2014. The sheer fact that Zelda is planned for release three full years after the console launched is proof that Nintendo is having trouble with making games of a 'next gen' shine and scale.

Man, I'm realizing just how dumb Skyward Sword not being a Wii U launch title is now. It would only have had to be a year and a half delay, they were already packaging it with that wiimote, and they could have had that much more time to work on it and flesh out the world.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

luisesteban

Dezzy wrote:

I'm not necessarily agreeing with the argument in question but there definitely is a pretty big different between SD and HD. It's got nothing to do with "having the technology".
HD requires a hell of a lot more time and energy spent on model detail and texture detail because you can see so much more. That's pretty much where all of the budgets of these huge games is going to. There's not much difference between SD and HD for the coding side, that's certainly true. But for the art side it's huge!

Maybe I missed the point of timing. SD when SD was the standard, and HD now. Obviously HD takes a lot of details, but current techlogy (of design and development) helps a lot the process. Nintendo has been working in this game a lot.

luisesteban

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic