Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 15,210

hobthebob

We do know that Nintendo is planning to make a unified operating system, and that many more games in the future will be released cross platform (home console and handheld), so id say at the very least Nintendo is working on making it easier to have more titles with less work. If you look at it that way, there's very little reason for them to delay zelda for nx.

hobthebob

ClockworkMario

Dezzy wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Except wasn't the first trailer for Zelda U also a hype one? People seem pretty hyped after it

A "hype one" as opposed to what?

This: [youtube:VE2Dc1sx71U]
The first Twilight Princess trailer is still by far the greatest reveal Nintendo has ever done in my books — and I think the crowd agrees. True, many were about Zelda U's reveal, but I believe it had more to do with what they said instead of what they showed: all the promises of a boundless and epic adventure sold the game to many, myself included, even though the teaser barely had any substance. I'm still hoping for a future Zelda release to top TP reveal; though Ninty ought to make sure the content they show actually ends up in the game.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

crimsoncavalier

ClockworkMario wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Except wasn't the first trailer for Zelda U also a hype one? People seem pretty hyped after it

A "hype one" as opposed to what?

The first Twilight Princess trailer is still by far the greatest reveal Nintendo has ever done in my books — and I think the crowd agrees. True, many were about Zelda U's reveal, but I believe it had more to do with what they said instead of what they showed: all the promises of a boundless and epic adventure sold the game to many, myself included, even though the teaser barely had any substance. I'm still hoping for a future Zelda release to top TP reveal; though Ninty ought to make sure the content they show actually ends up in the game.

That may be the most epic and amazing moment of my life as a Nintendo fan. It was done perfectly. The crowd reaction is absolutely priceless.

I loved Wind Waker (it's a better game than TP, imo) but I've never been more excited for a Zelda game than I was for TP.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Dezzy

ClockworkMario wrote:

This: [youtube:VE2Dc1sx71U]

It's a great trailer, sure. But I'm obviously not getting what you're trying to say. In what way is that not a "hype" trailer? (I was trying to say that I thought pretty much all trailers would count as hype trailers)

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CM30

I suspect that trailer succeed because it mostly showed combat rather than story, puzzles or gimmicks, and made the game look like the Zelda equivalent to Lord of the Rings.
That also explains why the Skyward Sword ones didn't work as well. Too much exposition, gimmicky puzzle solving and low key gameplay rather hype inducing 'adventure'. And not enough epic music, at least for the most part.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Haiassai

Why do they always use the same music for the E3 trailers? Literally... every game (except Skyward Sword) has been that same music.

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

iKhan

Haiassai wrote:

Why do they always use the same music for the E3 trailers? Literally... every game (except Skyward Sword) has been that same music.

And Conan the Barbarian music is one of those hilariously awesome things to be in a Nintendo trailer.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haru17

This is just a general statement; don't reply to a comment you don't understand without asking for clarification.

What makes that Twilight Princess trailer so good, not necessarily the reveal one actually, but this one; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3v_-LPVm2E Is that the music is so epic and the action is timed to the beat of the song. That and there's a lot of gameplay and content in that trailer. And that ending... it's just awesome.

My point was and is that if we don't see a trailer or gameplay with this much stuff in it at E3 2015, Nintendo will be saying a lot just in that. When there's next to nothing out about Zelda U, at E3 5 months before your game launches, you need to show a ton of that game. Otherwise it's obvious that said game isn't being planned for release in just a few months, without even listening to announced release dates. Just think about it, it it's to be done this November, at E3 the game should be largely content complete and the dev team focusing on bug fixing, performance improvements, and QA testing before exporting the game to be printed ~months~ before the release date.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

crimsoncavalier

Haru17 wrote:

This is just a general statement; don't reply to a comment you don't understand without asking for clarification.

What makes that Twilight Princess trailer so good, not necessarily the reveal one actually, but this one; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3v_-LPVm2E Is that the music is so epic and the action is timed to the beat of the song. That and there's a lot of gameplay and content in that trailer. And that ending... it's just awesome.

My point was and is that if we don't see a trailer or gameplay with this much stuff in it at E3 2015, Nintendo will be saying a lot just in that. When there's next to nothing out about Zelda U, at E3 5 months before your game launches, you need to show a ton of that game. Otherwise it's obvious that said game isn't being planned for release in just a few months, without even listening to announced release dates. Just think about it, it it's to be done this November, at E3 the game should be largely content complete and the dev team focusing on bug fixing, performance improvements, and QA testing before exporting the game to be printed ~months~ before the release date.

How can you say that with no proof? A trailer doesn't mean a game is ready. A lack of trailer doesn't mean the game isn't. A lack of a trailer is just that: a lack of a trailer. They've shown even less about Star Fox U and isn't that also supposed to come out this year? Before Zelda, even? And we've seen even less of that. Until 01 January 2016 rolls around and I have no Zelda U in my hand, I still believe it comes out this year, as advertised, unless there is some sort of definitive proof stating otherwise.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Eel

Well, he has a point, if no trailer is shown at this next E3, it's possible the game got delayed.

We are talking about the not so near future though. Let's save this argument until then.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Why does no one understand conditional statements here? It's just basic hypothesis structure; If E3 2015 passes with no huge Zelda trailer or demo, then Zelda U won't be out this year, because Nintendo isn't stupid enough to not capitalize on E3 when they haven't marketed their biggest game more than twice when it's supposed to be releasing in less than half a year!

It's just an obvious prediction!

CaviarMeths

In a classic interpretation of quantum physics, a wave function collapses into a single reality when an outcome is observed. Think of the aftermath of Schrödinger's Cat. Once the box is opened and the cat is observed to be alive or dead, the "false" outcome is eliminated and no longer exists. The many-worlds interpretation states that a wave function can never collapse, thus all possible outcomes of any event become reality. These realities branch and become their own universes parallel to our own. There are necessarily a near-infinite number of parallel universes to account for all possible outcomes of every event since the Big Bang.

I'm sure in 2 or 3 of those universes, Nintendo will not show Zelda at E3 this year. Hopefully these predictions are relevant in one of those.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Nicolai

Haru17 wrote:

Why does no one understand conditional statements here? It's just basic hypothesis structure; If E3 2015 passes with no huge Zelda trailer or demo, then Zelda U won't be out this year, because Nintendo isn't stupid enough to not capitalize on E3 when they haven't marketed their biggest game more than twice when it's supposed to be releasing in less than half a year!

It seemed obvious to me. Though, in my opinion, by that point if Nintendo isn't ready enough to show a lot about the game, they're likely to announce it's delay right then and there, or at least soon before or after. If they don't tell people what the game is all about by then, they'd probably be pestered with mail and have the delay statement forced out of them, so if I were them, I'd slip a small "Spring 2016" statement or something at the end of a small bit of Aonuma discussing vaguely broad concepts again. But you're right; if they're not ready to show it off by then, they're not ready to release the game in time.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Eel

I don't think anyone was confused about how conditional statements work.

Everyone knows that if if is if then then is then.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

MorphMarron wrote:

I don't think anyone was confused about how conditional statements work.

Everyone knows that if if is if then then is then.

I meant my comment to immediately succeed the comment before yours, not yours. This is what I get for not quoting.

LzWinky

Keep in mind that Nintendo is good about keeping secrets...except for Smash

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haru17

TingLz wrote:

Keep in mind that Nintendo is good about keeping secrets...except for Smash

That's my hope.

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

It's still an assumption.

Nevertheless, I think we will see Zelda at E3. So unless that doesn't happen, something we won't know until E3 has passed, I don't think there's any reason to talk doom and gloom about the Zelda U release date.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic