Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 15,210

Haiassai

Why is everyone concerned that it's either released next year or quality cut? Sure, they have great pressure to get this in by (most likely) November, but I trust the quality of Nintendo games. Maybe I'm optimistic, but I'm certain Zelda will be grand and on time

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

Octane

There's no reason to assume the game will be delayed. I'll be playing it in about 8 months from now.

ak239181 wrote:

A bit off topic, but needed help and didn't know where to turn... I own and have completed every major zelda release, except one. Four Swords... Besides last year's free download of the DSi version, what are my options for getting a copy of this (preferably playable on a my 3ds, wii U, or wii) so that i can experience this title? It's about 50 bucks on amazon for the gamecube version. Any other suggestions? Any help you guys could provide would be huge. Thank u all!!

@ak239181 Four Swords is a multiplayer game released with A Link to the Past for the GBA. The downloadable game for the DSi and 3DS is called Four Swords: Anniversary Edition, which is basically the same game, with additional levels. They were available as a free download for a while in 2011-2012 and in 2014 (I'm not sure if it's still available, you should check the 3DS eShop). Then there's Four Swords Adventures, both singleplayer and multiplayer. It is only available for the GameCube, and yes, it's quite pricey.

Four Swords > GBA (A Link to the Past) (multiplayer only!)
Four Swords: Anniversary Edition > DSi & 3DS (special temporary downloads)
Four Swords Adventures > GameCube

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Eel

The Anniversary Edition of Four Swords was optimized to be playable in single player.

And no, it's currently unavailable. The only way to get it would be buying a system with it installed.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

MorphMarron wrote:

The Anniversary Edition of Four Swords was optimized to be playable in single player.

And no, it's currently unavailable. The only way to get it would be buying a system with it installed.

Oh my bad, it should be fixed by now.

@ak239181 Well, that clears it up then. The only two ''Four Swords'' games available (as of now) are Four Swords (GBA) and Four Swords Adventures (NGC), (Note that they are not the same game, these are two different games).

Octane

ClockworkMario

There's absolutely zero chance Zelda U will release simultaneously on Wii U and NX. A port later on could happen, though that's unlikely as well. First of all, NX will be revealed next year — at E3, I wager — and most likely released in 2017. At the very earliest, it'll be launched November 2016 — a delay like that is huge and won't sit well with fans or their rather light release schedule. This is of course assuming it's a home console or a hybrid capable of running Zelda U.

Secondly pulling the plug on Wii U prematurely would anger me and I'm sure others as well. Why invest in this 300€ machine if the manufacturer will drop support at the first sight of trouble and pull back all their heavy-hitters? Hastily barfing out new systems is the Sega-way and we all know how that ended. Therefore I don't think Nintendo has the guts to do a simultaneous launch, even if that was technically possible.

Oh yeah, I trust in Aonuma and believe in a 2015 launch: Star Fox in October, Zelda in November.

Edited on by ClockworkMario

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

erv

Seeing as beginning of 2013 was the first time the game was mentioned, I think it'll make it for 2015.

From that point onwards it's a handful of other games and probably talk about the next big thing, currently nx. I agree with the launch of the nx needing something great though, like wii sports did multiplayer and zelda single player experiences on wii. It doesn;t mean they need zelda on the next system, though, they just need a great single player game and a great multiplayer game. Could be a great mario platformer and a metroid and a nintendo land thingy.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

hobthebob

If Nintendo's next console is an all in one, handheld/home console; and, if what I've heard is true that Nintendo restructured its development studios into one building, then placing must have launch titles on the nx will be a cinch. The New Nintendo 3ds may just be a stopgap to keep gamers interested until a couple of years from now when Nintendo reveals that all of their titles will be available in handheld or home console form.

With Nintendo putting resources into only one medium and painlessly putting those games across handheld and home console, they can put all their energy into basically just one medium, thus reducing/eliminating any fears of a launch draught. I don't have any fears about the NX launch. Nintendo's restructuring and new plan for a unified operating system makes questions like launch lineup on a Nintendo system obsolete.

hobthebob

Dezzy

erv wrote:

Seeing as beginning of 2013 was the first time the game was mentioned, I think it'll make it for 2015.

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. It really feels like it should be a 2015 game. They've been working on it for a long time and that video from last E3 did look like something that, at least in the small parts we saw, was in a fairly polished state.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

shingi_70

I think I may try to replay the series over the summer. Not sure if I would do it by chronological or in order of the games timeline.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

erv wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. It really feels like it should be a 2015 game. They've been working on it for a long time and that video from last E3 did look like something that, at least in the small parts we saw, was in a fairly polished state.

Regardless of announced release dates, if they show a Twilight Princess-level trailer or gameplay clip then it'll release 2015. If not, it will probably be delayed or just release and not be that great after all. The marketing so far has been pretty minimal; exciting only Zelda fans. There is a lot of 'wow'ing to do between E3 and November. I mean, as minimalist as what we've seen thus far has been they must be holding something back.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

erv wrote:

Regardless of announced release dates, if they show a Twilight Princess-level trailer or gameplay clip then it'll release 2015. If not, it will probably be delayed or just release and not be that great after all. The marketing so far has been pretty minimal; exciting only Zelda fans. There is a lot of 'wow'ing to do between E3 and November. I mean, as minimalist as what we've seen thus far has been they must be holding something back.

But that's been the case for most Zelda games, they don't get a proper trailer until the E3 before their release. Usually we get just a small teaser at E3 in the year before. So I think they've been fairly generous, with the gameplay footage they showed us a few months ago.

Octane

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

Regardless of announced release dates, if they show a Twilight Princess-level trailer or gameplay clip then it'll release 2015. If not, it will probably be delayed or just release and not be that great after all.

I think I'll put more confidence in release dates myself. Whenever they give a game a specific release date, Nintendo very rarely seem to go back on it. Whereas a trailer could easily be followed by a delay caused by other parts in the game.

Haru17

Octane wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

erv wrote:

But that's been the case for most Zelda games, they don't get a proper trailer until the E3 before their release. Usually we get just a small teaser at E3 in the year before. So I think they've been fairly generous, with the gameplay footage they showed us a few months ago.

Nah, man. Twilight Princess was announced with that hype trailer, some years before it would release. I remember seeing screenshots at least 8 months before its release in a Nintendo Power. Zelda U has been oddly sparse thus far.

Dezzy wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Regardless of announced release dates, if they show a Twilight Princess-level trailer or gameplay clip then it'll release 2015. If not, it will probably be delayed or just release and not be that great after all.

I think I'll put more confidence in release dates myself. Whenever they give a game a specific release date, Nintendo very rarely seem to go back on it. Whereas a trailer could easily be followed by a delay caused by other parts in the game.

That wasn't my point. I was saying that, regardless of the release date that they'll basically have to announce at E3, the have to show something big or there's no way it'll be 2015.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

That wasn't my point. I was saying that, regardless of the release date that they'll basically have to announce at E3, the have to show something big or there's no way it'll be 2015.

That sounds like the same point to me! Even if they show very little at E3 but they say it's coming out on November 21st (that's a date they seem to like), I'd assume that's legit. But yeah I think we will probably get an official trailer. Seems like it's due! Hell, FF15 has had 2 or 3 'official' trailers and that's probably coming out next spring.

LzWinky

Except wasn't the first trailer for Zelda U also a hype one? People seem pretty hyped after it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dezzy

TingLz wrote:

Except wasn't the first trailer for Zelda U also a hype one? People seem pretty hyped after it

A "hype one" as opposed to what?

crimsoncavalier

A lack of trailers or gameplay does not signify a delay. As of right now, there is absolutely no reason to expect the game to be delayed. We've received nothing to offer proof that their 2015 schedule is off track.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Dezzy

crimsoncavalier wrote:

A lack of trailers or gameplay does not signify a delay. As of right now, there is absolutely no reason to expect the game to be delayed. We've received nothing to offer proof that their 2015 schedule is off track.

I agree. Although I would point out that with other developers, you might expect the burden of proof to be the other way around.

TuVictus

Miyamoto seemed pretty adamant about releasing it this year, so I doubt they'll delay it. Nintendo usually doesn't give any time frame for a game unless they're really sure it will be done by then. Come to think of it, when's the last time they even delayed a game that they had already announced a release window for? Pikmin 3, I think? I suspect we'll get an official release date come E3 either way

TuVictus

crimsoncavalier

Dezzy wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I agree. Although I would point out that with other developers, you might expect the burden of proof to be the other way around.

Well, I also think it's worth noting that since a lot of the arguments have been "delay because of NX", we should point out that we know absolutely nothing about NX, and so that should not be considered a factor whatsoever.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic