Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 15,210

Haru17

Dipper723 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Everyon'es going to get hype by the first reveal trailer on screen at E3 but than come down when below the Zelda logo it says 2016.

Why? They're not changing control schemes, which was why Skyward Sword was delayed, and they're not porting it to another console, which was why Twilight Princess was delayed.

Also, they've been working on this game for a long time, and were almost going to show it in E3 2013. I think it'll be ready for November 2015.

If it's not ready in 2015 I just hope they announce it as a crossplatform launch title for the NX. They need to stop releasing Zelda exclusively on dying platforms.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

MsJubilee

Haru17 wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Everyon'es going to get hype by the first reveal trailer on screen at E3 but than come down when below the Zelda logo it says 2016.

Why? They're not changing control schemes, which was why Skyward Sword was delayed, and they're not porting it to another console, which was why Twilight Princess was delayed.

Also, they've been working on this game for a long time, and were almost going to show it in E3 2013. I think it'll be ready for November 2015.

If it's not ready in 2015 I just hope they announce it as a crossplatform launch title for the NX. They need to stop releasing Zelda exclusively on dying platforms.

Well Nintendo needs to release one more big game,before they kill off a system.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Haiassai

shingi_70 wrote:

Well, Aonuma made it pretty clear it will be ready by this year...

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

WebHead

You better believe Nintendo is doing its darnest to make sure this game is ready in time for black Friday.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

ak239181

A bit off topic, but needed help and didn't know where to turn... I own and have completed every major zelda release, except one. Four Swords... Besides last year's free download of the DSi version, what are my options for getting a copy of this (preferably playable on a my 3ds, wii U, or wii) so that i can experience this title? It's about 50 bucks on amazon for the gamecube version. Any other suggestions? Any help you guys could provide would be huge. Thank u all!!

ak239181

Haru17

TwilightAngel wrote:

Well Nintendo needs to release one more big game,before they kill off a system.

I get that, that's why they should release it crossplatform; to respect the Wii U's userbase while not dooming the next console.

That is, unless the NX is set for, like, 2020.

Justlink

ak239181 wrote:

A bit off topic, but needed help and didn't know where to turn... I own and have completed every major zelda release, except one. Four Swords... Besides last year's free download of the DSi version, what are my options for getting a copy of this (preferably playable on a my 3ds, wii U, or wii) so that i can experience this title? It's about 50 bucks on amazon for the gamecube version. Any other suggestions? Any help you guys could provide would be huge. Thank u all!!

The gamecube four swords is a different game than the dsi four swords. Are you talking about four swords adventures for gamecube or both. If you need both, there's not much you can do to get the DSi version as its no longer available

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Eel

Well, the DSi Four Swords is actually just a port of the Four Swords for GBA, which came as an extra with the GBA port of A Link to the Past.

So you can still get that version (but you won't be able to play it all by yourself).

But yeah, Four Swords (GBA/DSi) and Four Swords Adventures (GC) are two completely different games.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

MorphMarron wrote:

Well, they said we would hear more about it next year.

Not that we would get it next year.

Think about that, though. If we hear about the Wii 3 in 2016 and it releases in 2017 there's still no Zelda launch title. The Wii U's launch was much too soon and doomed its future. You just can't do that.

Edited on by Haru17

jasonbrr

Haru17 wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Part of me thinks it will get delayed till 2016. But I think theyll do everything they can to get it out for the holidays. They really dont want to miss it. They should make a Zelda U Wii U gold bundle with a gold wiiu and gold gamepad. Still shocked we didnt get a red wiiu mk8 bundle.

jasonbrr

hobthebob

Just by the fact that Aonuma is paying attention to little details like apples on trees and epona not running into trees, means to me that the attention to detail in this game is enormous.

I have no doubt that this game will be a very solid reason for hardcore gamers and zelda fans to buy a wii u. One thing that I doubt is that the first original Zelda on Wii U would be a cross platform title. Nintendo is still trying to turn the Wii U into the gameboy by releasing a killer game or two that will revitalize sales late in the game. That was their entire strategy with the end of last year and this year: announce and release crowd pleasers to revitalize interest in the Wii U.

hobthebob

Nicolai

Dipper723 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

You honestly can't prove that there isn't some kind of major development problem going on right now. Maybe Miyamoto is demanding some sort of alternate control scheme at the last minute, or the game is getting too big for the hardware, and they can't figure out what to cut. Only the developers would know something like that for sure. We don't even really know that much about the game, to be honest. We don't know all of the features they're trying to include.

Although my gut feeling is that it'll arrive this year. They seem pretty confident this time around. If this game is falling behind, they're more likely to cut content than deny the Wii U an original Zelda game for another 6 months.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

hobthebob wrote:

Just by the fact that Aonuma is paying attention to little details like apples on trees and epona not running into trees, means to me that the attention to detail in this game is enormous.

I have no doubt that this game will be a very solid reason for hardcore gamers and zelda fans to buy a wii u. One thing that I doubt is that the first original Zelda on Wii U would be a cross platform title. Nintendo is still trying to turn the Wii U into the gameboy by releasing a killer game or two that will revitalize sales late in the game. That was their entire strategy with the end of last year and this year: announce and release crowd pleasers to revitalize interest in the Wii U.

Really? Cross platform Wii U / Wii 3, not cross platform with the other platform brands! Bloody obviously!

If the Wii 3 comes out later than 2017 then Nintendo could conceivably do a second push of games for the Wii U, but if not than I don't think it'd be reasonable to make yet another system with little to no killer launch titles.

hobthebob

I dont get what youre saying. It's very unlikely that we will see zelda u on wii 3 unless it's backward compatible in some fashion. I mean, at this time at least, there are obviously no plans to release wii 3 any time before the second half of 2016 at the very earliest, a full year after zelda u is slated for release.

hobthebob

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

Nope. The thing is that Nintendo knows how desperate of a position they are in. They have to launch Zelda U this holiday.

That said, they may very well delay parts of the game's content like they are doing with Splatoon and did with Smash U. For example, they may patch in a boss rush or an optional challenge dungeon in 2016

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

Zelda U is the new Smash Bros. That was the big 2014 game that everyone was convinced for no reason at all would be delayed to the next year and Nintendo would have nothing to sell for the holidays.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Zelda U is the new Smash Bros. That was the big 2014 game that everyone was convinced for no reason at all would be delayed to the next year and Nintendo would have nothing to sell for the holidays.

I'm willing to believe that it's a November 2015 game. That said, if it is delayed Nintendo really need to assess the launch lineup for the Wii 3 / Wii U2 (the band the movie). They need, like, a perfect singleplayer multiplayer, and some other kinds of games (all of which are popular brands). There's not much that fills that singleplayer slot; 3D Zelda, 3D Mario, Metroid Prime, and maybe, maybe Paper Mario. Original Wii had Wii Sports and Twilight Princess; boom, you're done: bases covered.

If 3D Zelda continues to be a 'death throes' game then Nintendo need to take a sober look at their launch lineup and ask 'what else?'

Jacob717

Nicolai wrote:

You honestly can't prove that there isn't some kind of major development problem going on right now. Maybe Miyamoto is demanding some sort of alternate control scheme at the last minute, or the game is getting too big for the hardware, and they can't figure out what to cut. Only the developers would know something like that for sure. We don't even really know that much about the game, to be honest. We don't know all of the features they're trying to include.

Although my gut feeling is that it'll arrive this year. They seem pretty confident this time around. If this game is falling behind, they're more likely to cut content than deny the Wii U an original Zelda game for another 6 months.

I hope they don't cut content from the game. That's what happened with Wind Waker, two dungeons were cut and in it's place was looking for all 8 Triforce shards. If the game is falling behind, I rather them delay it, then to cut content and put in something tedious in it's place.

Jacob717

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic