Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 161 to 180 of 15,210

Blast

That's there prolly gender choice in this game....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Octane

''A young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding the blade...''
''This boy, who travelled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Time. The boy’s tale was passed...''

I don't think Link will be female, as it would break the continuity of the legend of the Hero of Time. Furthermore, just because the character in the trailer wasn't Link, doesn't mean that he/she/Zelda, or whatever, will be the playable character. What if that was a person pretending to be Link? Or another heroic character? There's too little information to conclude that Link is a girl, or Zelda will be playable.

As for a gender choice.. Eiji Aonume said that it (maybe) wasn't Link, but if the character was a girl (I don't see it though, it looks like a boy to me), wouldn't her name also be Link then?

Edited on by Octane

Octane

e-love

I've seen some people say that the hero's clothing, specifically the arm bracers, resemble that of the Gerudo tribe.

I think it would be a nice shake up for the hero to be a different character than Link. So many questions, I love the way they presented this.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Taceus

Starkiller wrote:

I've heard speculation that that's actually Aryll in the trailer. She looks like a female link because, of course, she's link's sister. Wild speculation of course, but it's my favorite explanation by far.

This is one perspective I completely neglected. I like it.

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

whodatninja

GuSilverFlame wrote:

cookiex wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Link as a girl would be awesome!
but only if Zelda was a boy to not break the couple! XD

You know, you don't have to switch Zelda's gender around too...if you catch my drift...

Untitled

quote of the day! XD

RIP Community

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Dreamz

It's worth noting that Link and Zelda haven't had a relationship in the vast majority of the main Zelda titles.

NES1: No
NES2: Ambiguous; leaning towards No again, as Link seems to be more of a retainer than a love interest.
A Link to the Past: No
Ocarina of Time: No
Majora's Mask: No
Wind Waker: Debatable; they're definitely friends by the end of the game, but they're also only children, so...
Twilight Princess: (I haven't played this one yet, so unsure)
Skyward Sword: Link and Zelda definitely have a solid relationship here, but whether it's in the realm of boyfriend/girlfriend or anime-style BFFs seems to be left up to the player.

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

kkslider5552000

Meh, according to the internet, positive relationship between a boy and girl = LOVERS FOREVER!1!!!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

skywake

Dreamz wrote:

Skyward Sword: Link and Zelda definitely have a solid relationship here, but whether it's in the real of boyfriend/girlfriend or anime-style BFFs seems to be left up to the player.

I agree entirely on the rest so I'll just chime in on these two. Just what I thought when playing them more than anything. For Twilight Princess I thought of Zelda as more of a mentor or a teacher of some kind. Link was way more interested in Ilia and arguably Midna. For Skyward Sword I thought it was more obvious than any other Zelda had ever been. Link and Zelda had a thing going and Groose was the third wheel.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

CaviarMeths

Skyward Sword was the first time that their relationship arguably ventured into a romantic area, but it's been fun to ship those two kids for ages.

Also, Tetra was a total tsundere, but yeah, they were like 12.

Relevant:

Untitled

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dreamz

CaviarMeths wrote:

Skyward Sword was the first time that their relationship arguably ventured into a romantic area, but it's been fun to ship those two kids for ages.

Also, Tetra was a total tsundere, but yeah, they were like 12.

Relevant:

Untitled

The Link to the Past entry there is super inaccurate. Link has hardly any interaction with Zelda at all in the game. The boomerang gets more time with Link than Zelda does. She telepathically wakes you up, you go drag her away from the castle and to the sanctuary, and that's basically the last you see of her until the last dungeon. There's no relationship of any kind there, much less a romantic one.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

CaviarMeths

@Dreamz No way. Last time I played through ALttP, I went to the sanctuary like twice more before getting the Master Sword. Not really for any reason in particular. I was just passing through and needed a heart refill. Thought I'd say hi.

But yeah, I agree.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

cookiex

DestinyMan wrote:

Aonuma confirmed he was just joking and it really was Link in the video.

“It’s a rumour. Actually that comment I made jokingly. It’s not that I said that it wasn’t Link. It’s that I never said that it was Link. It’s not really the same thing, but I can understand how it could be taken that way. It seems like it has kind of taken off where people are saying ‘oh it’s a female character’ and it just kind of grew. But my intent in saying that was humour. You know, you have to show Link when you create a trailer for a Zelda announcement.”

“I don’t want people to get hung up on the way Link looks because ultimately Link represents the player in the game. I don’t want to define him so much that it becomes limiting to the players. I want players to focus on other parts of the trailer and not specifically on the character because the character Link represents, again, the player.”

http://mmgn.com/wiiu/news--that-was-link-in-zelda-wii-u-trail...

And thus, Anouma killed all my yuri fan-fiction dreams in one fell swoop.

Damn.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

whodatninja

Well ****, got all excited for nothing

ultimately Link represents the player in the game

So what if the player is a girl? Huh? HUH?!!!!
RIP FemLink, we hardly knew ye...

Peach64 wrote:

Untitled

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Kewlan

Aww, I'm sad now that Link won't be a girl.
At least the ridiculous theories will stop ._.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

shingi_70

Very high resolution screenshot of the field shot.
Untitled

It looks like the field Link is standing in is some sort of small town or outpost from the looks of it. If you look to the left you can see a waterfall, to the middle you can see what's possibly hyrule castle in the distance, and to the right a Volcano.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Nintenjoe64

As much as I love the Hyrule field music from previous games, I would love it if the Xenoblade composer was making a few tunes for riding around the open-world.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

jariw

Has Zelda U been displayed in the Treehouse Live yet? I think that's just about the only game that I haven't seen there yet.

jariw

Spoony_Tech

Dreamz wrote:

It's worth noting that Link and Zelda haven't had a relationship in the vast majority of the main Zelda titles.

NES1: No
NES2: Ambiguous; leaning towards No again, as Link seems to be more of a retainer than a love interest.
A Link to the Past: No
Ocarina of Time: No
Majora's Mask: No
Wind Waker: Debatable; they're definitely friends by the end of the game, but they're also only children, so...
Skyward Sword: Link and Zelda definitely have a solid relationship here, but whether it's in the realm of boyfriend/girlfriend or anime-style BFFs seems to be left up to the player.

What is wrong with you, go play Twilight Princess NOW!! Yes it's darker and more realistic but for me had the best dungeons in the entire series!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

cookiex

DestinyMan wrote:

Another interesting comment I’ve heard, quite frequently actually, is that, “Oh Link’s a woman. Link is female now.” That might be something that consciously we kind of did, but not to say anything specific – I am not saying anything specific

That is some Sakurai level of trolling.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

jump

On the topic of the Zleda-Link romance, the plot from Hyrule Warriors is about how the witch Cia is jealous of Links and Zelda relationship so she kidnapps her.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic