Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 15,210

Spoony_Tech

I'll say it here again, Really excited about the possibilities in this statement. I can see a boss battle in a dungeon where it spans across multiple rooms or follows you from room to room and you have to use the environment to dispose of him. You may even need the boss to follow you to a specific room to defeat it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I got 3 ideas from that
1. Certain bosses might only appear outside after defeating a dungeon, thus meaning the boss battle happens AFTER you teleport outside (or it could be a Sand Ship situation too I guess)
2.Bosses could be around on the overworld and avoidable while you do other things in the game
and if the first 2 don't happen than it would confirm my 3rd idea
3. Optional bosses appear on the overworld

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

Meh, I guess that's interesting. We've seen plenty of overworld bosses over the course of the series. While I don't think bosses moving around is a bad thing, I don't think it's that big a deal.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Octane

NintyMan wrote:

Aonuma may implement open-world boss battles like the ones in Hyrule Warriors, with bosses roaming freely in a large area rather than be enclosed in a dungeon chamber.

"One aspect of Hyrule Warriors that really left a big impression on me was how the big bosses can actually move across the map while you’re fighting them. For example, you can have a boss start by heading toward your stronghold and you’ll attack and then follow them. That’s something you don’t usually see in a Zelda game because bosses are usually in enclosed spaces so that kind of gameplay feels fresh to me. It also works really well in an expansive world, which is what we’re planning to do for the next Zelda game. It’s going to be a really open world so that’s the kind of gameplay we’d really like to incorporate."

http://www.rgj.com/story/life/2014/09/02/hyrule-warriors-inte...

The Legend of Zelda: Shadow of the Colossus

Honestly, when I first watched the gameplay trailer, I got a (positive!) SotC vibe from it. It's funny how that might become even more true with the possibility of overworld bosses.

Octane

Cheesehead302

I'M ON THE BRINK OF INSANITY.......!!!!! So... hungry....for more....NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheesehead302

Gamecubed

I really want to see more of this. I hope we get some full screen footage some time before E3.

Every time I think about this game, I just keep thinking about all the possibilities.
Maybe they can integrate the online aspect of it by being able to sell and trade your treasures and crafting items with other players around the world. Zelda doesn't have to be a multiplayer experience, but it could be a bit of a community experience if you so choose. Maybe there's a sidequest where you need to gather five grasshoppers for someone, and you can run around Hyrule trying to catch the bugs yourself, or you can trade for them either in the in-game market in Castle Town (assuming there is a Castle Town or some equivalent) or you can trade for them online with other players (and possibly get a better deal).
This could also be an effective way to put your rupees to good use. You could "buy" the grasshoppers or whatever using the rupees you've collected on your journey and the "seller" of the grasshoppers receives the rupees which he/she can use in his/her own game. But at the same time this can be a completely optional thing, similar to trading Pokemon in the Pokemon games. You aren't being forced to use the online functions, you're just made aware that this is available to you and you can use it if you so choose.

Gamecubed

CaviarMeths

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I got 3 ideas from that
1. Certain bosses might only appear outside after defeating a dungeon, thus meaning the boss battle happens AFTER you teleport outside (or it could be a Sand Ship situation too I guess)
2.Bosses could be around on the overworld and avoidable while you do other things in the game
and if the first 2 don't happen than it would confirm my 3rd idea
3. Optional bosses appear on the overworld

I can dig all of this.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

^I don't really like that idea much. IMO, it kind of undermines the sense of exploration if you have the ability to just go to the market and trade for the item you need. I know it's optional, but something can be optional and still interfere with the game. Staying within the Zelda franchise itself, collecting heart pieces is technically optional, but doing so will make the game easier, and not doing so will remove an important reward for exploration.

If I can complete a quest by just going to the market and trading with someone online, finding that item in the overworld will have less weight, and I won't be as compelled to look for it.

That said, I do think a trading system could be interesting, just not how you described it.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

It could be problematic in that every non-regulated player economy of online games that I've seen has been heavily exploited. Buddy of mine worked part time in high school as... a dude who sold hacked items for real money in Diablo 2. That's not really in the Nintendo spirit.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

I wonder what other female besides Zelda will like Link in this game? Hahahaha so many girls like him.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

Online play that interferes with the single player in a Zelda game!?! No, smash bros, mario kart, splatoon, and even Metroid Prime, sure, but keep that junk out of Zelda. People who want to force online multiplayer, guns, or cars into anything are the worst. I'm quite happy to keep the GTA and Zelda venn diagrams completely separate (except for the open world).

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

ITAFTRS

Haru17 wrote:

Online play that interferes with the single player in a Zelda game!?! No, smash bros, mario kart, splatoon, and even Metroid Prime, sure, but keep that junk out of Zelda. People who want to force online multiplayer, guns, or cars into anything are the worst. I'm quite happy to keep the GTA and Zelda venn diagrams completely separate (except for the open world).

As long as it's an option and not a must, I'm fine with it. I like what they did in WWHD with the bottles, for instance, even though I never used that function myself.

Edited on by ITAFTRS

ITAFTRS

Haru17

DdFixen wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

As long as it's an option and not a must, I'm fine with it. I like what they did in WWHD with the bottles, for instance, even though I never used that function myself.

Well, yeah, I don't care about that kind of passive online functionality. Or even something like the hint system from dark souls (as long as it doesn't mar the look of the world like it does in that game).

It's just ridiculous to me to hear people want coop and MMO functionality from a Zelda game! I mean, just go sit in a room, alone, and play a Zelda game, any of the good Zelda games. If you can't enjoy that then it's probably best you go play Evolve or some such tomfoolery.

CaviarMeths

I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to the co-op system used in Journey. You meet with a generic-looking character, played by another person online. You have no idea what the person's name is, what they look like, what sort of person they are, etc. You have no way of communicating with them at all and yet you have to form a sort of understanding with each other to solve some puzzles and work together towards a common goal.

Only for overworld though. That wouldn't belong in a dungeon at all. And optional, of course. All puzzles should be able to be solved alone and all users should have the option to turn online functionality off entirely.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

iKhan

I'm not too big into multiplayer. Most of my friends don't play the games I like, so it's not a very useful feature to me.

That said, I'm fine with them including it as long as the focus is still the single player.

Jacob717

If they have like challenges like "Do this the fastest" or "Collect the most of..." and they have online leader board scores for that, I would be okay with that, and it would be interesting

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

Sleepingmudkip

I sorta hope they have some explanation about what happened to the Sheikah because its one question that Nintendo haven't explained in this game.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Blast

I hope there's some kind of actually threatening villian whose written well. Ganon is becoming like Bowser to me.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I sorta hope they have some explanation about what happened to the Sheikah because its one question that Nintendo haven't explained in this game.

The sheikah were presumable a small population in ancient times and have dwindled down to number only a few in Ocarina of Time and then Twilight Princess. They're watchers and sage-type guardians, similar to Jedi in the older 3 Star Wars movies.

I really liked Ganondorf in the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. If they do him again, though, they'll have to give him some real motivations besides 'evil lawl', even moreso than they did in the Wind Waker.

LzWinky

CaviarMeths wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to the co-op system used in Journey. You meet with a generic-looking character, played by another person online. You have no idea what the person's name is, what they look like, what sort of person they are, etc. You have no way of communicating with them at all and yet you have to form a sort of understanding with each other to solve some puzzles and work together towards a common goal.

Only for overworld though. That wouldn't belong in a dungeon at all. And optional, of course. All puzzles should be able to be solved alone and all users should have the option to turn online functionality off entirely.

Then let me ask you this: why bother then?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic