Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 15,201

iKhan

midnafanboy wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

In his interview with iJustice, Shigeru Miyamoto confirmed that The Legend of Zelda U will support amiibo in some form.

“I can’t really say just yet… but we do plan on doing something so that people who have amiibo will get some enjoyment out of having amiibo and using them in those games.”

Also, the size of the game world is comparable with Twilight Princess's, but is openly connected instead of being isolated into zones.

"Now, with the hardware capabilities of Wii U, we first started by saying if we can take an entire world the size of the world from Twilight Princess, and make that the size of one of the areas in the game."

I think it will be bigger than TP

So it's going to be bigger than TP,will that mean it will be more empty?Cause that's what i'm worried about with this new Zelda.

TP's world wasn't empty. It's just that the rewards for looking around were borderline worthless. Imagine if money was scarce and necessary, and the game was really hard. All those giant boulders that you could blow up for money, and the trees filled with guays that spawned money upon killing them, and the grottoes with heart pieces, and the Poe Souls that gave you an super powerful potion would be thought of a bit differently.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Nicolai

Now, people have been a little worried about how amiibo would work in a Zelda game, but I have a really good idea of how it could work. What if they launched a series of amiibo based on common or larger enemies in the Zelda series, like Octoroks, Leevers, Peahats, or even that large one from the E3 trailer? If you scan it in while playing, one of two things could happen: the enemy appears and you have to fight it, or the enemy appears somewhere on the map, and you have to hunt it! Wouldn't that be cool?

Personally, I think a tektite amiibo would look cool on my shelf.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

AlexSays

khadafi2999 wrote:

hope it will be bundled with new redesigned wii u

This is what I'm bankin on

If not I'll be throwing $500 at the Wind Waker one (probably even more by that time)

AlexSays

Haru17

SpookyMeths wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Also, the size of the game world is comparable with Twilight Princess's, but is openly connected instead of being isolated into zones.

Wait what? I got the impression that it was larger.

From the first landscape we saw we can tell the world is obviously even bigger than twilight princess square kilometer-wise. This is the result of poor quoting, what Miyamoto really said was that the structure of the world was like if you put a Twilight Princess-style overworld (or any Zelda overworld except Skyward Sword, really) into one continuous plain without loading screens chopping it up into bits.

Also, anyone else noticing how they're not talking much about Skyward Sword in relation to Zelda U, but instead are opting to compare it to the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess? 'S gonna be a gud game, Zelda's going to be good again, guys!!! First time since the bloody Wii launched! 9 years!!!! Oh god, what's happened to my life...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

kkslider5552000 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

In his interview with iJustice, Shigeru Miyamoto confirmed that The Legend of Zelda U will support amiibo in some form.

“I can’t really say just yet… but we do plan on doing something so that people who have amiibo will get some enjoyment out of having amiibo and using them in those games.”

"Now, with the hardware capabilities of Wii U, we first started by saying if we can take an entire world the size of the world from Twilight Princess, and make that the size of one of the areas in the game."

I think it will be bigger than TP

So it's going to be bigger than TP,will that mean it will be more empty?Cause that's what i'm worried about with this new Zelda.

ironically, if that's true, it will be less empty than a lot of open world games.

Yuuup, I'd be quite satisfied if I could use the spinner, domion rod, and double clawshots to find hidden heart pieces in Zelda Wii U. I loved exploring Twilight Princess at christmas in 2006, the world had such a huge sense of verticality and scale, it was great. Exploring that in open world form with the deku leaf's awesome floating ability has me positively ecstatic! Parachuting off tall landmarks was some of the most fun I had playing world of warcraft an you couldn't even control your trajectory there.

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

'S gonna be a gud game, Zelda's going to be good again, guys!!! First time since the bloody Wii launched! 9 years!!!! Oh god, what's happened to my life...

Footage taken at the Haru17 Zelda celebration rally:

Untitled

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

SpookyMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

'S gonna be a gud game, Zelda's going to be good again, guys!!! First time since the bloody Wii launched! 9 years!!!! Oh god, what's happened to my life...

Untitled

Sorry, I don't get the joke, or is it a dig at me? /oblivious

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

The joke is that the number of people who did not enjoy Skyward Sword rank in the several dozens. Like, 50 people. In the world.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

NinjaWaddleDee

Nicolai wrote:

Now, people have been a little worried about how amiibo would work in a Zelda game, but I have a really good idea of how it could work. What if they launched a series of amiibo based on common or larger enemies in the Zelda series, like Octoroks, Leevers, Peahats, or even that large one from the E3 trailer? If you scan it in while playing, one of two things could happen: the enemy appears and you have to fight it, or the enemy appears somewhere on the map, and you have to hunt it! Wouldn't that be cool?

Oooooor that enemy could team up with you!

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Spoony_Tech

Haru17 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Untitled

So Skyward Sword didn't work for you but that doesn't make it a bad game. The only aspect I didn't care for we the mundane flying and that only a small portion of the game.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Jdlok

I didn't enjoy SS. It was gimmicky and awkward. I like my Zelda gimmick free please and thank you.

Jdlok

Octane

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

So Skyward Sword didn't work for you but that doesn't make it a bad game. The only aspect I didn't care for we the mundane flying and that only a small portion of the game.

The word ''bad'' is subjective. You don't have to say: ''it was bad, in my opinion'', as it's always subjective, no matter how you look at it. If he didn't like it, and thinks it's a bad game, so be it.

That being said, I too wasn't fond of Skyward Sword. Definitely the worst Zelda game I have played. It did some good things, and the game looked good, but that didn't outweigh the bad elements of the game.

Octane

Nicolai

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

Oooooor that enemy could team up with you!

Oooooor, that! If you could stack them up, though, Link would have an unstoppable force running thru Hyrule Field!

Hopefully it's something that would happen every time you scan the amiibo. I'd hate to pay $12 just to have something happen once in this game.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

Skyward Sword, in my opinion, was bad FOR A 3D ZELDA GAME. It was a decent 7.0 game if it wasn't connected to anything, but as a Zelda game it was pretty lackluster.
My critique:
-The overworld felt small and cramped.
-That, the save points, and the sky made travel from a region, to Skyloft, and then back down again take, like, 10 minutes; way too long compared to the fast travel systems found in other Zeldas.
-The motion controls were good... FOR MOTION CONTROLS, meaning that they always felt laggy and would glitch out, making motion controlled items move erratically.
-The main plot was retreading Ocarina of Time except for the origin story at the end.
-Content padding and fetch quests distracted from all the regression in the title; only 3 areas, 6 dungeons, decreased item variety, no new combat items, no special arrow types, etc.

While it was still 'an enjoyable game' it was quite flawed, especially for a 3D Zelda, IN MY OPINION (that I've supported with loads of evidence).

Anyway, let's not focus on Skyward Sword...

JoyBoy

Let's not focus on it but let's write an essay nonetheless

I'm happy we are able to freely control the camera again. I always loved that about WW. Which makes me wonder, would the new 3ds have that as a exclusive feature in MM, with the C stick?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

CaviarMeths

Hopefully Aonuma takes a note from Sakurai's book and realized that not everybody wants to play the same way. It's pretty pointless (and expensive) of Nintendo to make 40 different controllers if games keep forcing you to use just one.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

jump

Haru17 wrote:

Skyward Sword, in my opinion, was bad FOR A 3D ZELDA GAME. It was a decent 7.0 game if it wasn't connected to anything, but as a Zelda game it was pretty lackluster.
My critique:
-That, the save points, and the sky made travel from a region, to Skyloft, and then back down again take, like, 10 minutes; way too long compared to the fast travel systems found in other Zeldas.
-The motion controls were good... FOR MOTION CONTROLS, meaning that they always felt laggy and would glitch out, making motion controlled items move erratically.
-The main plot was retreading Ocarina of Time except for the origin story at the end.
-Content padding and fetch quests distracted from all the regression in the title; only 3 areas, 6 dungeons, decreased item variety, no new combat items, no special arrow types, etc.

While it was still 'an enjoyable game' it was quite flawed, especially for a 3D Zelda, IN MY OPINION (that I've supported with loads of evidence).

I'd say the main flaw is it's too linear, most of your complaints, especially plot (which I disagee is similar to OOT) and content padding (Wind Waker should be accused of this!) don't hold up for me.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haru17

arronishere wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

My critique:

I'd say the main flaw is it's too linear, most of your complaints, especially plot (which I disagee is similar to OOT) and content padding (Wind Waker should be accused of this!) don't hold up for me.

Linearity doesn't matter, really, it's the quality of the content present which does. Consequently I absolutely loved Twilight Princess, which probably ties with The Last of Us and Skyrim for my favorite game ever, and was disappointed by, but didn't hate, Skyward Sword. I hated the design choices in SS, sure, the world felt like a bunch of hallways that you couldn't climb out of, there were no secret paths you could access by using a traversal item ability the dual clawshots, deku leaf (the sailcloth was a awful replacement for the deku leaf), longshot, or deku flower jump.

While I love wind waker, I recognize the sailing really pads the game out (forgivably, as it was due to technical limitations). But even the king of red lions was better than the Loftwing, as you were at least traveling the overworld, and not some giant, barren buffer zone for the one town in the entire game. The sky seems like the extracted all of the negative space from the overworld on the ground, had nothing to fill it with, and then failed to link up the 3 main terrestrial regions so they were attached to arbitrary drop points in the sky.

Edited on by Haru17

CaviarMeths

NintyMan wrote:

as you play, the world will change and be affected by what you choose to do."

A tad longwinded, but this is definitely the important bit here. Very interested to see how this will actually work. Hopefully it works better than it did in Lightning Returns.

Haru17

I wonder if completing different dungeons or quests changes the world state? Perhaps something like completing the water dungeon to unfreeze zora's domain? To use dodongo's cavern as an example, maybe before completion you'll see the gorons sitting around lethargic, some starving, and after you'll see them carrying hunks of rock in and out of the caves busily? This all sounds like brilliant Majora's Mask territory, so hopefully the quests work like that.

I had a hunch that Nintendo was holding some really amazing gameplay feature back from the press. I imagine we'll see this in a more concrete sense in a Nintendo direct this spring (they have to show Star Fox somewhere) or, failing that, at E3.

Edited on by Haru17

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic