Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,441 to 10,460 of 15,201

Undead_terror

@MrMeow13 Ya you can get a lot of them, but whatever you do, keep the cores, they are very hard to find, maybe even limited since most can only be found in chests.

you can use the parts to upgrade you relics in Hateno, and also you can sell them at the Fang and Shop which uses exclusive cash in exchange for monster parts/ancient stuff

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

LzWinky

Octane wrote:

@MrMeow13 Yeah, they do, and I'm not sure if they are an infinite source. I have yet to test and see if they respawn in the broken Guardians.

They don't, but you get A LOT for killing Guardians later in the game. Absolutely DO NOT SELL THE CORES or any rare item for that matter. They all have a use later.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Maxz

@BLP_Software What's more, if you've gone straight to the sage to collect your spirit orb, you've only done half the puzzles in that dungeon. Poke around a little bit.

So I've killed my first Guardian. I got the arrows from Robbie, and then saw they were quite expensive, so decided to see if the Guardian weapon drops I'd picked in some trials would do any damage. Turns out they did, and I managed to take down 3 or 4 Guardians before they all broke. So now I'm just left with the arrows when it comes to glowing blue weapons. As I've said, they seem expensive to replace, so I'm cautious about using them. So my question is basically; what's the most cost effective way of beating them? Do Mini Gs spawn anywhere and thus provide a free source of weapons? I wish I'd known they were so potent earlier as I'd wasted most of my blue weapons on standard battles.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Dezzy

@ocelot20

square brackets with "spoiler" in the opening one and "/spoiler" in the closing one. Without speech marks.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

Boy, the Stone Talus' look tough, but they're pushovers when you figure out how to kill them.

I sold a bunch of machine parts earlier in the game. Stupid me. Hopefully I can find enough to upgrade all of my stuff.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Monkey_Balls

I'm almost 40 hours in and seen so much yet so little. I'm having a ton of "wow" moments, but also finding a lot of areas with nothing in them at all (which can be a bit boring at times). The landscape is deceiving - landmarks seem to be much nearer than they actually are - and trying to get a decent horse back to a stable can be a chore if you've found it on a mountain. I had to name one horse "Lucky" - the poor beast got hit by a Guardian's laser, punched by a Stone Talus, fell off a huge cliff, yet still survived. His stats? 1-3-2 (strength, speed, stamina). Lucky, indeed...

I stumbled across the Hylian Shield (stat: 90). No specific build-up. No special cutscene, etc... Just found it in a chest. Plus, it's breakable, which is rather disappointing.

Actually, that's my biggest complaint with this game: the traditional LoZ stuff (Hylian Shield, Hero Tunic, Epona, etc) are almost afterthoughts or Easter eggs; apparently the latter two can only be obtained by amiibo. At times it feels like this was supposed to be a different game and the Zelda assets were shoehorned in. It reminds me more of Xenoblade Chronicles than LoZ (or XCX with a Zelda skin and combat mechanics). I'm still loving it though.

I went to Hyrule Castle quite early: ran in, picked up some sweet gear, then ran out. I've also ridden on a Lynel. Didn't last long though!

Is there any way to store items in this game (the same way we can store horses)? It's getting to the stage where I don't want to use my weapons because they are too strong (and therefore too good to waste). By the way, a tip for surviving cold areas: if you have a fire weapon (fire rod, flame sword, etc), equip it and it'll keep you permanently warm.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

FGPackers

@Tsurii Should i sell some gems to grab it? Does gems have a use later in the game (asking everyone)?

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Ralizah

@Tsurii Guardians are super easy to kill so long as you're only dealing with one. Just stun them by shooting them in the eye, hack off their legs, keep stunning their eye, whack their bodies till they die. Simple. I actually killed a few around the castle earlier today.

I've noticed some of the smaller Guardians in the battle shrines respawn while others don't seem to. Very weird.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Monkey_Balls

@FGPackers Hm, well you could keep your gems for later...
If you need money, make lots of fancy meals and sell them for a decent price. Or you could farm a load of monster parts and sell those (can be time-consuming though).

@Ralizah There's a much quicker way to kill the Guardians... You want a hint?

Ralizah wrote:

I've noticed some of the smaller Guardians in the battle shrines respawn while others don't seem to. Very weird.

Maybe this depends on when you are returning to them? For example, before or after a blood moon respawn?

Edited on by Monkey_Balls

Monkey_Balls

jump

I just gone to the top of Lanayru Mountain, there's something great to discover there.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

Monkey_Balls wrote:

my biggest complaint with this game: the traditional LoZ stuff (Hylian Shield, Hero Tunic, Epona, etc) are almost afterthoughts or Easter eggs; apparently the latter two can only be obtained by amiibo.

Nah, you can get one of those by doing ALL of the shrines and another in Hyrule Castle.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Monkey_Balls

@jump I'm guessing you mean the Hero Tunic. All shrines? That will take me a while!

My point still stands though. I found the Hylian Shield in a random encounter with no fanfare, Epona can only be obtained via amiibo, while the game can be completed without the Master sword (or the other mentioned things). Basically, all of the typical stuff - those of LoZ lore - are optional. Remove them and the game loses some of the LoZ essence...

Monkey_Balls

jump

If you want to talk about BOTW that doing enough for the lore wtf about the timeline?!?!

Nicolai wrote:

FGPackers

Thank you for answers. I'm exploring West Necluda (and i'm almost finished doing it) and while doing it i found some rupees so i can buy one piece. For other 2 i think i'll sell some gems since i found really a great number by defeating other 3 rock bosses. I did some other Shrines, the "twins" and the one on the flower's island. Missing one to grab another Hearth and i have to say that i found a Korok that i don't know how to grab it, here's the thing: it's after Proxim Bridge, north of the river. There's a cutted tree and a "Korok wheel" attached to it that glows at night. How did you get that Korok???

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

Haru17

Hit the guardians' legs.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

FGPackers

@Octane Thank you. This evening when i return from university class i'll check it out since i'm almost done with West Necluda. Missing just a couple of places to go explore and a couple of tracked Korok Seeds to obtain (one is the tree one, the other is inside Kakariko. Inadvertently got the five apple one spoilered while i was searching for the other on internet). Finally i'll be able to start a new zone soon!

FGPackers

Monkey_Balls

@Haru17 Hitting the Guardians' legs is the amateur's approach... There's a much better way.

Monkey_Balls

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic