Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,421 to 10,440 of 15,201

NEStalgia

So far I'm probably over 20 hours in....Just found the first memory, and only really have the quests of "slay the big bad", "slay the big bad's lackeys" and "find the other memories....in all these places you haven't seen yet." I still haven't even entered a shrine yet outside the plateau. I intend to, then get sidetracked and do something else.....I'm desperately trying to find arrows by raiding enemy camps....it's going slowly. Trying to raise rupees by making food...also going slowly. And I haven't even gone beyond Lanayru and the two provinces around Kakariko and Hatena. Right now the official quests are out of reach, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing, and I STILL keep finding endless things to do....

NEStalgia

TuVictus

So before I sell all these precious jewels, are they used for anything other than selling for large rupee amounts?

TuVictus

Octane

Found a gold rupee (300) under a rock, yay!

Octane

TheXReturns

Just made it up to the Fire Dungeon. I have a few tips for anyone wanting to get there, as it's actually quite difficult, and there's a couple of things that make your life so much easier. I've spoiler tagged it in sections, so if you want to read a certain bit, you can.

On getting to the South Mines: Have a poke around the Eldin tower for a while, and you might either be able to catch a fireproof lizard, or a flamewing butterfly, else you can buy flamewing butterflies from Beedle at the Akkala region's stables (north of the Akkala tower, east of Death Mountain) for 20 rupees. Boiling these with two keese fangs in a lit pot will produce a Fire-Proof Elixir, which is a much cheaper alternative than what most people seem to recommend on the forums. If you then run along the path to the northwest, then you will reach the South mines.

A note when you reach the South mines (this will make your life a whole lot easier): Be sure to immediately talk to the nearby human NPC, skulking in the corner nearest the one you came in (I dunno how I missed this first time round), who'll give you a lizard catching quest (Just sneak up on them by crouching, and by pressing a twice whenever you lift up any nearby rocks. I initially missed this first time around, but it actually gives a piece of armour which gives you a permanent flame resistance, to avoid having to use too many elixirs. A good idea then, if you have a spare 700 rupees, is to buy the boots from the armour shop in Goron City, as you need a stage two flame resistance to reach the dungeon. It just means you can explore at your leisure in the next few areas a bit more.

On exploring the North mines: Note that the switches on the side of the cannon can actually be hit with a weapon to change the cannon's direction of fire, which is how it's possible to hit some of the seemingly 'unbombable' rocks. No-one actually states that you can do this, as far as I'm aware, (else I'm just being an idiot for not noticing that someone said it, cause I got stumped for a good half an hour trying to blow up the pile of rocks over the entrance) and the switches didn't actually look like switches, so I only discovered this by accident. (I went around all the cannons, trying to find one in the right orientation, and I just happened to hit a switch instead of an enemy.)

When it comes to the final approach, be prepared to think outside the box, and don't be afraid to go and have a scout alone, off the beaten path, to see what lies nearby. You cannot actually just bulldoze your way through this puzzle, I've tried it several times, and it just doesn't work, as your Goron buddy will retreat up the path when you are spotted. Oh, and a direct hit from a fire bomb will do at least 6 hearts worth of damage. (It instakilled me, and I have 6 hearts because I've been putting a lot into the stamina wheel for easier climbing.) I've found an indirect hit can do anything between 1 and 5 hearts worth.

Edited on by TheXReturns

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Ralizah

@Operative2-0 From what I've heard, diamonds can be used to upgrade armor at some point.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

DreamyViridi

Have I mentioned how easy it is to get sidetracked?

Zora Prince? OK, I'll just get that shrine first... Hey I can see another one from here... Oh, a stable... There's a memory spot near here? Might as well get it... Let's explore more while I'm at it... Ooo, haven't taken a picture of that yet... Y'know I might as well make the most of the "amiibo" rune... Heh, it's fun to pretend. Wait, what was I doing again...?

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Eel

Haha I carried that metallic boulder outside the magnesis trial all the way to the maze with the guardians (still in the plateau).

My original intention was using it against them. That didn't work at all. But it did make a perfect shield against them.

I even played peekaboo with one of them for a while.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MrMeowPuss

I'm roughly 15 hours in and only about half way to Kakariko.

I've spent like 3 hours exploring the area around the Twin Peaks and the open field behind those stables there. When I went east of the stables there was that war base with the old guardian outside that attacked me. It took me by surprise but since it couldn't move I took it out pretty easy.

Are the ancient springs and other parts you get from those broken guardians worth keeping? Or are they safe to sell?

I'm already at impressed with this game so I can't wait to finally see Kakariko!

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss Friend Code: SW-7290-1987-5404

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss | Twitter:

MrMeowPuss

@Octane kinda wish I asked this earlier since I already sold a bunch of them....

Do they have a use later on?

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss Friend Code: SW-7290-1987-5404

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss | Twitter:

Octane

@MrMeow13 Yeah, they do, and I'm not sure if they are an infinite source. I have yet to test and see if they respawn in the broken Guardians.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

Responding to an earlier qyestion about the Constellation puzzle in a shrine.

The constellation on the wall has a row of 5 slots lined up to it. Each slot has a number denoted by the pillars.

Count how many times you see that constellation on the main wall, and put a ball in the corresponding hole. Simple.

Edited on by Octane

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Quicker on the edit than I am on my phone I'll give you that.

Still, spoilery mathematics and patterns. Yep.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ocelot20

I think I have been playing this game very wrong lol.

How do I type a message on here that can only be seen once clicked on (what I want to say maybe classed as spoilers and I don't want to ruin anything for anyone).

ocelot20

Undead_terror

Man, this game keeps getting similar to Majora's mask to mii.

time, people with lives, being able to use masks, the 4 beasts (4 giants) from North, east, south and west protecting the center, dead people helping you out and giving you their powers, thief hideout in a canyon, black market at night, and no doubt more!

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic