Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 15,201

Haru17

I just noticed that horseback archery is now in third person instead of first person. The telescope is a first person view, though, so I wonder what on-foot archery will be like.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

ClockworkMario

Haru17 wrote:

I just noticed that horseback archery is now in third person instead of first person. The telescope is a first person view, though, so I wonder what on-foot archery will be like.

Maybe Gamepad will have first person view? Makes sense to me, you could keep an eye on the surroundings while getting a good aim at the same time.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

CaviarMeths

Mr. Aonuma has had a pretty good idea in the past though for what works for 3rd person and what works for 1st. Most action being in 3rd person works much better, as you have a wider field of vision and can see your enemies at all times. For precision, like a bow or hookshot, 1st person works best. That's the way it's worked since Ocarina of Time, but this game is supposed to be all about shaking up conventions. At the very least, I definitely agree with the design choice of putting horseback archery in 3rd person. It was very clunky and awkward in OoT.

Maybe there will be an option for 1st/3rd person view, much like Skyrim had. Obviously in Skyrim though, the priority was 1st person. The 3rd person character animations in Elder Scrolls are awful.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

SpookyMeths wrote:

Mr. Aonuma has had a pretty good idea in the past though for what works for 3rd person and what works for 1st. Most action being in 3rd person works much better, as you have a wider field of vision and can see your enemies at all times. For precision, like a bow or hookshot, 1st person works best. That's the way it's worked since Ocarina of Time, but this game is supposed to be all about shaking up conventions. At the very least, I definitely agree with the design choice of putting horseback archery in 3rd person. It was very clunky and awkward in OoT.

Maybe there will be an option for 1st/3rd person view, much like Skyrim had. Obviously in Skyrim though, the priority was 1st person. The 3rd person character animations in Elder Scrolls are awful.

Let's not forget all the big 3rd person shooters like Uncharted, GTA, & Tomb Raider that do that perspective very well for precision. I generally prefer first person games, but that doesn't really work in action adventure games with a huge range of movement like Zelda. I'd rather the perspective stay consistent than anything, as switching perspectives is always jarring for 1-2 seconds, especially in the heat of battle.

Haru17

If you listen closely at 2:50 in the video you can hear a bit of the game's combat music, despite Aonuma and Miyamoto talking over it. It sounds like violin, but I'm not a music buff so I could be wrong. It sounds promising for the first orchestrated soundtrack Zelda has had on an hd console, though I don't know if it will get repetitive over time.

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

If you listen closely at 2:50 in the video you can hear a bit of the game's combat music, despite Aonuma and Miyamoto talking over it. It sounds like violin, but I'm not a music buff so I could be wrong. It sounds promising for the first orchestrated soundtrack Zelda has had on an hd console, though I don't know if it will get repetitive over time.

Here's the gameplay footage without the annoying dub; the sound effects and music are much clearer:

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Henmii

Imagine cutting all that gras?!

Henmii

Haru17

Henmii wrote:

Imagine cutting all that grass?!

I wonder if spin attacking the grass makes the frame rate chug like when you would use the spin attack on a crowd of miblins in the Wind Waker, lol.

Seriously, though, I hope there's a bow hunting feature to regain hearts instead of just grass and pots. It would give the game more of a survival horror resource management element.

MsJubilee

NintyMan wrote:

In his interview with iJustice, Shigeru Miyamoto confirmed that The Legend of Zelda U will support amiibo in some form.

“I can’t really say just yet… but we do plan on doing something so that people who have amiibo will get some enjoyment out of having amiibo and using them in those games.”

I will bet it's costumes or maybe dungeons?I don't know i can't think of anything that amiibo being useful than costumes.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CaviarMeths

NintyMan wrote:

Also, the size of the game world is comparable with Twilight Princess's, but is openly connected instead of being isolated into zones.

Wait what? I got the impression that it was larger.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DefHalan

SpookyMeths wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Also, the size of the game world is comparable with Twilight Princess's, but is openly connected instead of being isolated into zones.

I think that is a good size, especially if it has a lot more going on in it.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Yoshi

DefHalan wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

I think that is a good size, especially if it has a lot more going on in it.

There has been a huge misunderstanding. An overworld the size of Twilight Princess' is ONE AREA of the game. It's like running through the overworld the size of TP's without running into a loading screen. That's the point that was made.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

LzWinky

NintyMan wrote:

In his interview with iJustice, Shigeru Miyamoto confirmed that The Legend of Zelda U will support amiibo in some form.

“I can’t really say just yet… but we do plan on doing something so that people who have amiibo will get some enjoyment out of having amiibo and using them in those games.”

"Now, with the hardware capabilities of Wii U, we first started by saying if we can take an entire world the size of the world from Twilight Princess, and make that the size of one of the areas in the game."

I think it will be bigger than TP

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MsJubilee

WaLzgi wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

"Now, with the hardware capabilities of Wii U, we first started by saying if we can take an entire world the size of the world from Twilight Princess, and make that the size of one of the areas in the game."

So it's going to be bigger than TP,will that mean it will be more empty?Cause that's what i'm worried about with this new Zelda.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Justlink

@NintyFan It's never too early to worry about a game

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

kkslider5552000

midnafanboy wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

So it's going to be bigger than TP,will that mean it will be more empty?Cause that's what i'm worried about with this new Zelda.

ironically, if that's true, it will be less empty than a lot of open world games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LzWinky

Ocarina was pretty empty too...

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DylanMcGrann

That quote isn't accurate. It's also important to note that it's Bill Trinen's on the spot translation. This is his exact translation of Miyamoto:

"So with Zelda games, what we've always done is we've always tried to make them a game where you enter this big world of Hyrule and there's a lot for you to explore and discover. But because of the hardware limitations, what we always had to do was segment off each area and piece those segments together in a way that made them feel like a big world.

But now with the hardware capabilities of Wii U, what we did was we first started by saying, 'well lets see what we can do if we take an entire world the size of the world from Twilight Princess, and just try to make that as one area on the game.'"

Unfortunately, this wording still allows the possibility that he means to say the entire game is one non-segmented area the size of the world in Twilight Princess.

DylanMcGrann

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner | Twitter:

DylanMcGrann

Also, Miyamoto only confirmed amiibo support for Star Fox. He said nothing of the Legend of Zelda and amiibo specifically. It is still neither confirmed nor denied at this point.

DylanMcGrann

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner | Twitter:

LzWinky

Use the Villager amiibo to unlock 30 hours of content!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic