erv

Post deleted. Spoiler tag not working.

don't know why, spell checked them...

Edited on by erv

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

OorWullie

I can' get my head around the size of the world.Is it bigger than XCX's? I never really got that far into XCX.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

wariosmith

Where do people take notes of things while playing? the "pins" are great and all.... but would love to have a notes program/app on the switch to write things in to jog my memory.
do i go old school and use a pad and pencil!!??

wariosmith

Octane

@FGPackers No, I've had that gear for quite some time. Eventually you'll get better gear. Just explore around Kakariko village! There's also a clothing shop in the village, but I only bought the hood and nothing else.

@Spanjard Scan your map, you can spot them easily, I managed to find a dozen or so by looking just at the map. If I remember correctly, there are 700 of them, I don't even want to know how many I already missed.

Octane

jump

OorWullie wrote:

I can' get my head around the size of the world.Is it bigger than XCX's? I never really got that far into XCX.

Nah, XCX is bigger.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

GoronBrudda

ProjectX1991 wrote:

I need some help! So Hateno Tower, are you meant to climb it with the vines still wrapped around it? Or do you need to do something to get rid of them first? I keep trying to climb but get so far and hit vines...gah.

Thanks!

Easy! (not sure how to do the spoiler tags on here like other people do, so for anyone that doesn't want spoilers, simply ignore the rest of what I'm going to say in order to try and help out....)

But If it's the tower I think you mean, then you just climb round it sideways and avoid the bits where there are spiky vines). -They basically just spiral around the tower leaving a clear path in between that you can still climb up. (don't be afraid of the tower's corners, you can totally climb sideways round them like that without falling off). Basically, you just climb the grilled bits of the tower and spiral round that gap in between the vines as though it was a spiraling path, and you'll make it! (of course, stop on platforms if you run out of stamina on the way up, and be sure to look down to make sure you drop on a platform that isn't going to make you land on a spike) but that's basically how I did it, and I made it up there just fine! That tower is unlocked now, and was able to do it very early on in the game after only one stamina upgrade (and you may not even need that upgrade in order to do it if you stop at enough platforms on the way). Hope this helps! (if you haven't already figure it out already, that is). Was this the tower you mean?

Edited on by Octane

GoronBrudda

Dezzy

Ha, glad I wasn't just making stuff up. Digital Foundry compared the framerate for Kakariko.

It is significantly worse on the Wii U:

jump wrote:

OorWullie wrote:

Nah, XCX is bigger.

The total map size definitely is bigger in XCX. That does include a lot of ocean though. I bet there's not much difference in terms of the total landmass only.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

-Green-

Can I just say, Molduga's really something. Good lord. It came out of nowhere and I had no idea how to fight it. It seems easy enough once you understand how to hurt it, and the way to effectively kill it is really cool.

Edited on by Octane

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@GoronBrudda @-Green- A reminder for everyone here, please use spoiler tags. I'm going to edit your posts to add spoiler tags, but please be considerate next time you post something.

(spoiler)insert text here(/spoiler)

Replace the ''( )'' with ''[ ]''.

Octane

JoyBoy

@Octane Thanks for the editing! Your sacrifice won't be in vain... XD
Maybe it's not a bad idea to put the "how to spoilers tag" in your signature

Keep it up ppl! Don't make me leave this thread!

Btw, do ores re spawn at the same spot? Because if so, I just found myself a gold mine

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

FGPackers

@OorWullie I feel BOTW is bigger than XCX because the second is full of ocean too. Insteand in Zelda there's a lot of ground to cover.

About this i have to say that i don't think i'll ever get a horse if not for battling guardians or something like that. Exploration on foot is really way better to enjoy with ease and calm this huge and nice world, also to discover every single possible detail. I love doing it so much!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Octane

I don't like the horses, their AI is stupid and they can't climb on walls.

Octane

Octane

@ProjectX1991 To be fair, if you want to know an easier way and if you don't mind a minor spoiler; Use a fire arrow or your torch to set the vines ablaze. It's much easier that way lol.

Octane

ProjectX1991

@Octane JEEZE! The penny has just dropped...I fired a fire arrow as it started to rain, so nothing happened to the tower at all. I'm so dumb...can you lot tell this is my first 3D Zelda game? I never gave the other games in the series a chance unless if they were on gameboy! Yes, I know that is a dirty sin.

ProjectX1991

-Green-

I love the horses for the most part. They're great for traveling when exploring and are rather quick. The main issue I have with them is when climbing with them. Other than that irritation, they're really easy to manage and control.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@ProjectX1991 Well that explains it then, it's a pretty common thing in the 3D Zelda games. Approach everything as a puzzle, and you probably have the means to solve it already in your inventory. How would you approach it in real life? Test it out in the game and it probably works.

Octane

JonSpangler

Trying to avoid spoilers so am not caught up on the thread but what are people selling for money compared to keeping for crafting purposes? I see, among other things, clothing sets in town that can run thousands of dollars for the complete set (got my eye on a stealth set). Not sure if I should be selling some of the jewels and diamonds I have gotten or hold on to them.

JonSpangler

Twitter:

Haru17

Go to the Dueling Peaks Stable during a blood moon.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic