Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,281 to 10,300 of 15,201

Undead_terror

10 hearts in, only 2 towers left to get, but for now I am gonna prep for my second dungeon.

Helped the Zoras first, then the Gerudos, soon enogh I will be able to get the master sword.

Also did a lot of shrines lately, turns out some are not as hard as some would think!

The five flames shrine, just move the water to point else where and then use fire arrows, though u might be able to do the long annoying way

@shani The other mods here as well, but I do feel yes there should only be 1 thread for the game, and this being the oldest/most active one, keep it to this.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

A nice little detail I came across. With my horse Seren nearby, I was "ambushed" by a couple of Chuchus. Seren gallops in and kicks them both right in the eyes! Now I can imagine someone playing this game, close to death and their horse saves their behind.

Also, you can have Link hold food and if close enough, your horse will eat it. Another nice touch.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

shani

@DreamyViridi That's actually something that I expected from the beginning, so the first thing I did with my first horse when I dismounted for the first time was holding an apple in my hands and standing in front of my horse.
It's just how you would tame and build a relationship with any real animal, by rewarding it for its obedience with affection and food.
Wait, did you say 'food'? Do the horses eat anything? I assumed it would only work with apples...

@Undead_terror Yeah I can understand that and as I wrote, it's not really an issue, just giving feedback.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

@shani - Well, I know that carrots also work. I haven't tried anything else at the risk of my horse hating it and making me feel bad... Honestly with how big the world is and how easily I get sidetracked, I'm probably better off traveling on foot unless I'm going to a place I've already been to.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TuVictus

Octorocks can go die in a hole

TuVictus

shani

@DreamyViridi Oh I forgot to mention carrots. Yeah, I would've expected that too (but haven't tried it). But the thing is, carrots seem to be rather rare in comparison to apples and by the time I got my fist carrots, apples were already established on the menu.
@Tsurii That's actually why I haven't given them carrots yet - they're just too valueable for me. Also, I think my horses might be picky and prefer apples.
I'm assuming carrots will give them a stamina boost too - in form of an additional spur, maybe?

While we're at it, what's the best horse you guys have found so far?
I think I've found some really good horses, there's actually a spot where you can get horses with at least 4-3-4 stars.

And not far away from that spot, you can find the Royal Stallion which is actually part of a side mission.
It's said to be the best horse in the game, but it's stats are not perfect (as in: 5-5-5) , so I'm not sure.

I bought the Smash Link Amiibo just so that I could ride Epona but I haven't activated it even once because I already had good horses.

Damn, I just got spoiled. I just wanted to look up some horse stats when I found out that you can also ride other animals, that you can revive dead horses and that there's a secret mount called 'Lord of The Mountain' .

By the way, about the usage of the spoiler-tag (since me and other have used it incorrectly):
If you want to hide only a sentence or part of it, make sure to insert a break after that senctence. Otherwise everything that comes after it will also be concealed. That way, other spoiler tags in your posts might get ignored and appear in clear text or also become concealed.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Octane

Operative2-0 wrote:

Octorocks can go die in a hole

Death Mountain would also be fine by me.

Octane

ChrispyNoodle

I only just figured out how to snowboard. Assumed it was some sort of skill you would learn in the game, but no it is not.

ChrispyNoodle

shani

@ChrispyNoodle That's funny, I always knew how to do it since watching the E3 videos but haven't done it even once in the game. Just too much other things to worry about. ^^

Ok, I've got some questions for everyone:

1. In which order did you recall Link's memories so far? For me, it was #15, #5, #3, #14, #10.
  2. What kind of horses have you found so far? My horses have the following stats: 2-2-3, 1-3-3, 1-3-4, 4-3-4, 4-3-5. Apart from the first one, all of them have a wild temperament.
  3. Can anyone who has played the Zora mission and Ocarina of Time tell me whether there also was a Zora princess in OoT that fell in love with link?
    It was just so long ago that I played OoT, I can't remember. But the Zora's domain definitely bears some resemblance to its OoT version, that was immediately clear to me.

Edited on by shani

-Green-

I believe the English version is Divine Beasts. What are the buttons for snowboarding on the Switch?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JoyBoy

Yeah there are a lot of things I keep forgetting about. There was a place I came across that had a lot of ore but I didn't have a hammer so I reluctantly continued my journey.
Later a thought popped in my head. "I can use the bombs!"...

Also, I am enjoying stumbling upon those pesky Koroks way more than I probably should. They are somehow really well placed.

Btw, am I the only one who turns of the sheikah sensor? I like finding objectives just by directions NPC's give, or looking at my map trying to find out where I should go. I will probably use it for finding certain materials though.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

shani

Tsurii wrote:

They're ot that hard to get tho. Just head on over to Kakariko and buy some. shrug

Hihi. Didn't think of that. ^^
My strongest horse apart from the Royal Stallion has 4-3-4 too. Did you also find it near Tabantha Bridge Stable?
Lol what, 5-2-0? That sounds useless to me. ^^ Think I'll stick with E-Pony, Rowdy, Blackie, Shade and Edelweiß (2-2-3, 1-3-3, 1-3-4, 4-3-4, 4-3-5) for now.

But now that I got spoiled by this article (careful, I warned ya!), I really want to ride a bear.

About the memories: Yeah, I've only started finding them yesterday. And finding the first ones took reeeeeeally long.
Oh and btw, they are called divine beasts in the English version. I'd assumed the were called göttliche Biester in German as well.

And while we're at it: Before I started the game, I watched those language comparison videos again and I decided to stick with English.
Impa's German voice actress sounds terrible to me and I'm happy with all English voice actors (so far) except for Zelda. So in both cases I have at least one VA I'm not happy about.
I actually considered switching to Spanish (latin) because I do speak that language, but in the end I'd like to understand every single word the characters have to say.
But the main reason for my decision is I realized that English has become my default 'Zelda language' in recent years, so even just seeing the text in German felt weird.

Maybe on my second playthrough (if there should ever be one) I'll play the game in Spanish or even Japanese...

Spanjard wrote:

Later a thought popped in my head. "I can use the bombs!"...
Also, I am enjoying stumbling upon those pesky Koroks way more than I probably should. They are somehow really well placed.
Btw, am I the only one who turns of the sheikah sensor?

Lol, I've only used a hammer the first time and since then I'm only using bombs for that, because weapon preservation. ^^
Yeah, those Koroks actually made me pick up every stone that I see. I love how they did that to me, now every stone in the wild makes me curious.
I only use the Sheikah sensor for shrines - I never needed it for everything else - that's why I haven't switched it off. But more and more I discover the shrines from a distance before the sensor even starts bleeping - and often the bleeping just confuses me - so I might switch it off soon.

Edited on by shani

JoyBoy

Ugh, my limited inventory lol. I really need to prioritize finding this giant korok again because the constant awesome weapon finding but unable to pick it up because my Aaaaaah!
Frustration! I love it!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

TheXReturns

@Shani I'm surprisingly alright with Zelda's VA now. It's not quite what I initially expected, but it's not as bad as what some people have said. It does actually suit her character design and her personality in the memories I've seen so far. I keep getting reminded of Melia from Xenoblade Chronicles for some weird reason though. I have no idea why.

I generally have found that I've been using the sensor to find certain key weapons like Torches and Korok Leaves, which are too weak to keep in my weapon inventory, as and when I find I need them. It's surprisingly good at that, but it gets a bit confused when a torch is inside a building. It doesn't seem to quite know what to do then.

@Spanjard You can use any kind of weapon to destroy ores, but remember not to use bombs when on cliffs. I learned that lesson the hard way, when I thought I was outside the blast radius, but I accidentally took an impromptu skydive straight into a river.

Another handy tip I've found (and I dunno if it's been mentioned earlier, I've only skimread the last few pages), but if you have any switches or anything you need to hit, you can use a bow and arrows, as the arrows just bounce straight off after hitting whatever you want (as long as it isn't an enemy), and you can just go collect them. The Five Fires shrine in the mid-east is made a lot easier this way, as you only lose a little bit of bow durability.

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Julius_Senpai

This game. Oh my god. I can not remember when I played a game I could not put down. It doesnt even compare to when I played Fallout 4 religiously. I have already played 40 hours since friday and I feel like I didn't even see a fraction of what the game has to offer. What I enjoy the most is the freedom in how to tackle the objectives. For most objectives there is no perfect way. Take climbing that cold mountain on the great plateau where you would freeze to death. There are multiple ways to solve that and the game does not force one as "the" way to go. I love that. I love to plan out solutions to the presented problem and that plan actually working.

I'm at a point in the story where you meet some Zora again and I just wanted to check if I got it right that Link and Mipha were engaged? Or was she just secretly in love with Link? I'm not sure, but the whole thing witht the Zora armor made it seem like that to me.

Julius_Senpai

blaisedinsd

Has it been discussed how the North American box shows controller support for nunchuck and classic controllers? These do not work to play the game though.

I checked out the electronic manual since it didn't come with one and the manual is garbage. It really doesn't have anything about how to play the game.

I did have my game basically freeze for a few seconds on a battle on a bridge in the rain, pretty bad FPS drop as I thought my game completely froze.

This game is so different than any other Zelda it doesn't actually feel like a Zelda game to me too much, maybe that will change as I am nearing my first dungeon. It definitely is most like the original and those concepts were largely abandoned as dated. I am enjoying the game so far but it is a different type of challenge than other Zeldas.

I have died by my own bombs more than any other way so far.

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

shani

@TheXReturns That's interesting, because I hardly ever need a Torch or a Korok Leaf. I had them in my inventory at the start though. What do you need them for exactly?
For getting apples from a tree, I just jump and grab them mid-air. Sure, I will only get two out of three apples that way, but it's not like there's a shortage of apples in the game (and I could always climb up the tree and get the third apple).
For making a fire, I just use flint + wood + sword. In only needed the Torch for that mission in Hateno so far.
Yeah I also got used to Zelda's VA, so it doesn't bother me that much anymore. Is it just me or is the VA for Mipha the same as for Zelda?

Julius_Senpai wrote:

This game. Oh my god. I can not remember when I played a game I could not put down. It doesnt even compare to when I played Fallout 4 religiously. I have already played 40 hours since friday and I feel like I didn't even see a fraction of what the game has to offer.

Haha, it was the same for me. I played for 40 hours from Friday 4AM till Sunday 8PM and barely slept (maybe 10 hours in total?) during that time. It's almost alarming how I couldn't put the game down and how much the game drew me into its world, almost like I was actually there (that's why I decided to not play it today).
Games like Empyrion, Football Manager and GTA V were already highly addictive for me, but BotW is really something else. I'm quite happy with my real life, but at some point I would've happily converted myself into a Hyrule character and just lived there forever.

About your spoiler question: I've only encountered her once, but based on that I'd say she was only in love with him and would probably have wanted to marry him, but they didn't. Unless there's more to the story - in that case, please don't tell me.

blaisedinsd wrote:

This game is so different than any other Zelda it doesn't actually feel like a Zelda game to me too much, maybe that will change as I am nearing my first dungeon. It definitely is most like the original and those concepts were largely abandoned as dated. I am enjoying the game so far but it is a different type of challenge than other Zeldas.

I have died by my own bombs more than any other way so far.

Actually, it feels very Zelda for me, because of the characters and the locations. I had Skyward Sword vibes on many occasions, BotW kinda feels like what SS was trying to be.
And I have died less from my own bombs than in any other Zelda game because I only use the squared bombs.

Edited on by shani

Julius_Senpai

shani wrote:

For making a fire, I just use flint + wood + sword. In only needed the Torch for that mission in Hateno so far.

And even there you could have just used any wooden weapon to get the job done, granted they break a lot faster than the torch. But still.

Julius_Senpai

Mintendo

Don't know if this has been discussed here already, but does anyone know if the resemblance between Impa (Botw) and Yoda (SW) has been mentioned anywhere? Has it been done on purpose or have I had one beer too many?

Dan™
SW-6118-9125-9707

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic