Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,201 to 10,220 of 15,201

Undead_terror

So I came across a glitch, my first glitch, watch out since it's main story spoilers.

Untitled

this glitch made a cutscene unskippable and a person vanished in said scene that was suppose to be in a throne, no other glitches so far.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Nicolai

I have one more gripe about this game... It is really annoying when you're trying to get somewhere, and you devise a plan that absolutely depends on climbing, and then it start raining. I don't know if there is some kind of rain-resistant gloves, or something, but if you have your heart set on climbing somewhere, you have to either wait it out or leave (Most of the time I just wait it out, and it takes forever! )

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Joeynator3000

My annoyances is the rain-climbing, and...at night....this....FREAKIN' OWL WON'T GO AWAY!!! lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TuVictus

It's weird how the game goes from breathtakingly gorgeous to weird looking just depending on if they put grass on the ground or not. Cuz the grass and plantlife is beautiful, then you walk off of it and it's these blurry green and gray textures.

TuVictus

nf_2

@Tsurii Almost did the exact same thing. Looks like I'll have to come back later.

Anyone came up with any good ways to make money? I don't know if there are items that are only good for selling or not. I've heard not to sell diamonds, but what about other gems? I really want that set of stealth gear.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

shani

Nicolai wrote:

I have one more gripe about this game... It is really annoying when you're trying to get somewhere, and you devise a plan that absolutely depends on climbing, and then it start raining. I don't know if there is some kind of rain-resistant gloves, or something, but if you have your heart set on climbing somewhere, you have to either wait it out or leave (Most of the time I just wait it out, and it takes forever! )

You can always make a campfire, anywhere. I've gathered lots of flintstone and wood and never had to buy any, definitely comes in handy when you have your heart set on a climb. Obviously you need a sword or some other metallic melee weapon for that, but that shouldn't be a problem.
Although there are places where it's raining by default - when you sit at the campfire and let the time pass, the weather will be beautiful for 2 or 3 seconds, then it starts to rain again.

Hey-Cha-La wrote:

Octane wrote:

Are you forced to shoot and arrow when you're aiming? Or can you cancel your action?

Don't know if your answer has been answered or if you've figured it out already, but you can cancel. You just tap X to lower your bow and X a second time to place back on your back.

Actually, it's B on standard settings.

Octane wrote:

My biggest gripe with the breakable weapons is that once they're gone, they're gone.

Apparently, there are special weapons that can be repaired. I've been pretty conservative with the weapons I like most, but eventually they all break at some point. The good news is: so far it wasn't that hard to get the same weapon again from other enemies. So just go ahead and use them, you'll find another copy of it soon.

Vee_Flames wrote:

Quick question: When you cook food does it "spoil" at some point or does it last forever?

Nope, luckily not, that would be too much 'survival' for me too.

teamladd wrote:

Has anyone got any tips on where to find some decent clothing.

Apart from the clothing shop in Hateno (where I never bought a single piece of clothing): main and side quests. Although it's not like I have tons of pieces of clothing now, maybe 6 or so. Three of them have special abilities and almost all of them got already upgraded once or even twice. So I don't need new clothes since my current ones have some nice buffs.

Ootfan98 wrote:

I think I have been playing for 18 hours or so (switch version). Only completed 16 Shrines. I was wondering what people were choosing as priority with hearts & stamina? I chose Stamina the first couple of times

Regarding the upgrades: So far I went Hearts, Hearts, Stamina, Hearts, Stamina. Wow, 16 shrines in only 18 hours? I've played for 40 hours and have only found 18 shrines so far. My priorities were definitely elsewhere.

Although I have been wandering around for nothing (although not really, I still did explore a lot and got lots of great weapons) for too long in the Illumeni area once (don't know for how many hours), searching for a memory location, because the description that the old traveler at the staples - the one who's also a painter - gave me after seeing the picture in the album was wrong, he said something about a cliff in the south but it was actually in the west and I had already been there before (but didn't know he meant that place).
I can't remember his name anymore and he's not at the staples anymore, so I tried to Google it and found nothing. He's not mentioned by name anywhere, in any guide. I only found this picture of him.
Does anyone know his name and am I the only one who was encountered him? ^^

I love this game so much, it's full of tiny details, it seems like they've thought of everything.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Breath of the Wild is bringing back huge 90s nostalgia, there was a PC game I used to play back in the 90s. Professor Tim's Incredible Machines and BotW's shrines really remind me of that game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Storer

Shaping up to be the best game I've ever played. Stayed up all night playing it last night, with no idea how far into the story I am, but I don't care. I'm taking my time with this game and enjoying every second of it. The fact that I can put the Switch in my bag and play this wherever I want just blows my mind.

Storer

Octane

@shani Can't make a campfire in the rain though..

And I meant special weapons, those you get in a chest or from an NPC. I assume they're gone once they're destroyed..

Octane

shani

@Octane Well so far all the weapons that I got from chests or NPC weren't unique, in other words: I got them multiple times on other occasions as well. Mostly from enemies, that's my - or the - main source for weapons.
There was only one truly 'special' weapon that I got today after finishing a very important main quest and that weapon can be repaired in the workshop in that place where you get the weapon.

IIRC, I was able to make a campfire when it was raining. Not too sure though, my mind has been clouded with tons of details and bits of information in the last three days and I haven't slept much, so maybe you're right and you can't make a campfire in the rain - which would be totally logical, but I distinctly remember 'beating' this logic at least on one occasion. Have to try it again tomorrow to confirm or deny it, I'm too tired now.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Octane

@shani About that special weapon, you mean the Zora Trident or whatever it's called? Yes, I was talking about that one. It can still break, right? Anyway, I got another complete weapon set that looked pretty exclusive, maybe I should just Google them. I've stored the most important weapons so far, and I'm hesitant to use the others. It's pretty annoying, if I knew for certain I could get them again, I wouldn't even bother. Wouldn't want to loose an exclusive sword or shield though..

And I'm pretty certain you can't do it in the rain, I've tried it today. It didn't work, at first I didn't understand why I didn't work, but it's only logical. My advice is keep an eye out on the weather forecast, if rain is coming, make a fire and rest for a while. That's my best solution so far.

Octane

-Green-

I love how holding a fire wand actually keeps you warm

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Maxz

@Grumblevolcano Oh man, Professor Tim! I didn't think anyone else would have played that. It's definitely a bit like that, but more 3D, and more Zelda.

Tenuously related, but it was only when doing the ball scoop shrine that I realised how invaluable the motion controls are for the rune powers. I was trying to do it all with control sticks before that and it was awkward. Since then, I've been able to use magnesis way more offensively. You can swing it about with way more welly when using the motion controls. One of my favourite things has been holding a steel chest aloft in the rain, and then smacking an enemy with it as soon as it gets struck by lightning. Massive damage.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

shani

@Octane Yeah that's the weapon I meant (of course there could be others, didn't play the other corresponding main quests yet). I haven't tried that weapon yet (mainly because of sentimental value but also because it's one of my weakest weapons), but assuming it can be repaired, I think it cannot be broken for good, right? Maybe I'll try that tomorrow and then just load the previous savegame.

I was the same way like you about my weapons but at some point I had to use them just to survive against stronger enemies, so I was actually relieved to see that so far I encountered every weapon more than once (or even numerous times in some cases).
It seems to me that the game does indeed - I thought it didn't - scale geographically, but not through enemy types but weapons. So from my experience, going to the outer sections of the map (or basically just far away from where you start) should result in getting better weapons from enemies.

Everyone's experience seems to differ drastically - that's a good thing - and maybe you or others are already further in the story than I am. But I feel like I've seen a decent amount of different weapons (so far up to lvl 60), so if you want (unless you already googled them), you can write down the weapons you're hesistant to use with a spoiler tag and maybe I can tell you if I have encountered them multiple times or not at all.

This game bombards you with so many tidbits and I don't want to spoil anything for people who - just like me - have waited many years to finally play this game. But I'd really like to compare notes with others in more detail because I'm curious about the differences in our approaches and experiences.

Maybe in a few days, a NL BotW discord chatroom is in order?

Edited on by shani

Octane

@shani I see. Well, since you're asking. I have a Flame Sword, just one, and haven't seen it again. Plus there are some Zora specific weapons like the Zora Spear, and a Silver Sword(?). Not sure about those either. They look pretty neat, so I assumed they are either very rare or just a one-of-a-kind thing. I also have a full set of Korok weapons, I think they're called ''Forest'' something , they're not very durable and I don't know if you can get them again (although I did find another sword, haven't found the shield and bow though).

Octane

nf_2

So far my focus has been on activating all of the Shiekah Towers, but I always end up getting distracted by something along the way (including one of the more... major challenges). I only have 4-5 more regions to unlock, but with what I've seen so far I'm in awe at the size of the game's world and that fact that it's really not all that empty. Xenoblade had a massive world, but if you took out all of the enemies there really wasn't a lot there.

My first horse died today, which was really sad. Sally got me so far. My purebred black stallion Bill (named after Bill the pony from LotR) has max speed and is quite impressive so far. Having to board horses to quickly get them across regions is a bit of a pain, but it's not like they're particularly hard to tame now.

I truly am shocked at how open but structured the game is. You can tell the game wants to nudge you into certain directions simply by how much stronger the enemies are in certain areas, but (just like XCX) you can just avoid them are charge head long and hope you make it. Nothing is quite as thrilling as being targeted by a guardian. Trying to avoid it with stealth and cunning through the environment or just trying to outrun it and it's reticle of doom are both just thrilling.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

shani

@Octane Ok, so I have the Flame Sword too and, apart from everything I got in Zora land , its the only weapon so far that I haven't encountered twice, but based on my experiences with other fire-/ice-/electro-weapons I assume it's only a matter of time before I'll see that one again too.
I got the Zora Spear and Sword from random enemies and they didn't feel that special or unique (based on looks and stats). I'm pretty certain I'd get them again if I fought a few enemies in Zora land . That dungeon and the whole area was actually the last thing I did before turning the console off, so I didn't have the chance to check that out yet.
I've only got the silver shield and again, I already have much stronger shields, but it does look neat and I think you're right that these are rather rare (but probably not unique, I think).
Another example where I thought they were rare but they aren't: the Guardian weapons (sword, axe, shield) are extremely strong, not made out of metal and they look really great. Definitely my favourite set. At first I thought they were unique because I got them in a shrine, but by now I had them multiple times.
On top of this, I also got buffed versions of these weapons, so they can't be that rare.
I haven't encountered any Korok weapons (unless you mean the pretty common Korok leaf ), I guess that's because I haven't been in that section yet.
Overall, I think there are properties like rareness, but I think ultimately it just comes down to the area and how often you try (maybe based on a RNG?). If you go to the same area often enough, I'd assume you'd get them again eventually.

Edited on by shani

-Green-

This game just eats up time. Like wow. I wish I had all the time to play it, but that's life for you.

I got through another dungeon today, although the whole thing was a bit too easy for my taste. Also, I feel the dungeons are a bit disappointing. They don't really feel like a dungeon. They feel more like larger shrines, in a sense that they feel lacking and barebones in a way.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

spizzamarozzi

Yeah Xenoblade was good but its world pales compared to the world they created here. This game is really good. And it's the most hour-melting game I have played in ages - I have had it for 48 hours and I've played it for 30. Luckly it's a weekend.

On a more serious note, can you eat a horse?!

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

MrMeowPuss

@Undead_terror Wow you are quite far in. I been splitting my time between this and Horizon Zero Dawn. Surprisingly I feel much more immersed in this game than HZD. I find myself going off to collect food then cook them all before heading off to my next task.

I really like how smart the Boko are too. One example I came up on a small camp of theirs. They are just sitting around having fun and eating. As I tried to sneak up they noticed me and quickly grabbed their weapons and rushed at me. I felt like small details like this really make the game great. Their weapons don't just appear out of nowhere and they have to actually physically get them. I also like how if you know one Boko down the others will take their weapons to make good use of them.

I've also found myself running into the old man at random times which is a really nice touch.

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss Friend Code: SW-7290-1987-5404

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic