Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,181 to 10,200 of 15,201

Dreamliner

jump wrote:

Wait you bought a copy of Zelda but you haven't got a console to play it on?

Yeah. I have a Wii U but wanted the Switch version. $48 on Amazon for new game titles with Prime preorder is unbeatable. Nintendo won't sell it cheaper than that. I'm also getting MK8D and Mario Oddyssey.

I know I'm getting a Switch but I'm in no hurry since I've got an enormous backlog.

Edited on by Dreamliner

Dreamliner

veeflames

Quick question: When you cook food does it "spoil" at some point or does it last forever?
If it lasted forever that'd be nice.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Octane

So.. I've just finished the first ''major shrine''.. Awesome! Now I'm certain I'm playing a Zelda game, it's not what I expected, it's different, but also better in a way.

@Vee_Flames It lasts forever.

Octane

veeflames

@Octane Brilliant.
I know what I'm doing first when I get this game...

God first.

Gerald

@DreamyViridi wow, I am very surprised you've not died yet, kudos to you sir, I started with that attitude, but i kept getting done by just 1 hit, i gave up trying to keep a clean sheet.
Now that I have progressed and updated my clothes, I am finding keeping alive a little easier

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

veeflames

Octane wrote:

Cooking?

A lot of it. I want to stock up on a lot of food as that's what I do in games like these.

God first.

roy130390

@MrMeow13 I hink this is the kind of game in which you should try to advance as far as you can without knowing anything. Items and stuff will stay there, but the feeling of discovery won't, and while thre are many open world games, this one nailed it in terms of rewarding free exploration. Just my advice buddy.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Octane

@Vee_Flames I barely need it A regular apple or a raw piece of meat is enough for me.

Octane

teamladd

Has anyone got any tips on where to find some decent clothing. Im currently in pretty normal gear and would like something different! Thanks all.

teamladd

Octane

My biggest gripe with the breakable weapons is that once they're gone, they're gone. I have a handful of special weapons that I don't want to destroy, I don't really have a place to store them either. At least, not this many...

@teamladd Visit Kakariko Village. If you haven't been there yet, don't worry, you will soon.

Octane

Maxz

@teamladd Well the first settlement you come to has a clothes shop. Beyond that, I haven't found much. Just an item of headwear in a chest.

On another topic, has anyone bodged/cheeses any of the shrines at all? There's a lot more scope for it, seeing as it's more physics-based problem-solving that explicit puzzle design. I've just beaten Mezza Lo Shrine (I don't think that's a spoiler - it's not as if the shrine names have much significance) without really making use of the laser, and I'm still a bit curious about that the 'correct' way of solving it is.

Oh, and for spirit orb exchanges, I went HHSS, and I'm thinking of going for another heart next. I'm surprised anyone went for stamina first, as three hearts just seems to fragile. Also, when it came to the choice, I had a whole inventory full of food that healed over 3 hearts that I refused to eat because it would be wasteful. So I've been able to justify eating some of them now.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

@Ootfan98 @Vee_Flames - You're too kind, I just chalk it up to how slow and careful I was at the start. When I saw one of those Bokoblins take off all but a quarter of my life, I booked it!

...And as I was reading the forum just now, I came across this woman near a shrine. I did what she told me not to do accidentally when trying to get something and well... she freaked out and let's just say I'm glad I was at full health...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Gerald

@Maxz I went the opposite way SSHH, I wanted to explore first, before taking on enemies (unless absolutely necessary). I also found that I was getting wiped out so easily, I thought the hearts would not be much benefit
I probably.would have gone stamina for the 3rd time, but I found some head gear.
I think I will be going hearts going forward

Dezzy

@teamladd

The first 2 villages both have good gear. Then you can upgrade it quite easily at the first great fairy you find.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Undead_terror

@Vee_Flames You are gonna want to stock up on a lot of things!

One of the main bosses is best to use arrows on, ran out of normal ones and had to use ice, going out into hot and or cold places need food/potions that reduce the hot/cold, even strong weapons are needed, at least bombs are endless

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

jump

I've had so many giddy moments in this game like when I've just accidently discovered the dragons or Fairy Fountain or boomerangs or the Fire Rod. The funny thing is these are perfrctly normal for Zelda games but now that it's presented as something to discover it's so much more exciting.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Gerald

@rk3388 I went SSHH. I want the extra climbing distance. Got me into a few areas where maybe I shouldn't be. I probably would have continued on Stamina, but I found some clothes that helped.
Sinse I worked out how to upgrade clothes, I will be choosing hearts going forward

teamladd

@teamladd Visit Kakariko Village. If you haven't been there yet, don't worry, you will soon.

@Octane

Thanks all, I will have another look there. Must of missed that shop the first time!

teamladd

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic