Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,161 to 10,180 of 15,210

jump

Dreamliner wrote:

I was watching some YouTube videos and noticed the HUD and that stupid green circle look way out of place with the rest of the screen, I'm surprise Nintendo didn't make it 50% transparent.

Also, why is there not a BotW thread in the Switch forum?

I've got my Switch version here that I will play when I get a Switch next year (waiting for a price drop and system bundle, huge backlog, no hurry) but keep hearing about the frame rate issues on the Switch when docked making me think I maybe should have gotten it on the Wii U instead?

Wait you bought a copy of Zelda but you haven't got a console to play it on?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JoyBoy

So I found a chest with a very, very strong blade inside. I couldn't pick it up because my inventory is full as always, darn you Hestu! I will keep there for later when I might need it. So it won't just magically disappear right? Because I will be pissed lol

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Haru17

So I've been playing the Switch version all night, saw some legitimately breathtaking events, fought some amazing set piece bosses, and this one time the screen froze and restarted two seconds later.

'Frame rate issues,' lol. I've almost never seen the techy crowd overstate anything this hard in my life.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Maxz

On the theme of doing things in the wrong order, I seem to be getting more hyped for this game every day since I've owned it. On Thursday I was mildly excited for the arrival of the Switch and Zelda. Of Friday I was thinking things were pretty cool, though the combination of 3 miserly heart containers and a newbie's ineptitude at the game made it hard to fully hit my stride. It definitely lakes a lot longer to get accustomed to than any other Zelda due to the sheer amount of stuff Link can now do, so I found myself hitting the wrong buttons quite a lot at first. Saturday saw me gain some momentum however, and I spent almost the whole day playing it on the TV, and much of the night playing it in bed, and then couldn't sleep for hours afterwards because I was so excited about the idea of playing it again.

And despite all that playtime, I still feel I've made almost no progress with the actual story. Which is brilliant.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Off to play Zelda.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

-Green-

I struggled a lot with the Water boss. His constant attack spamming along with the restriction in movement and the fact I only had 5 hearts made him more difficult than he probably should've been. I ended up having to restock and finally beat him afterward. Where we supposed to hit back the ice at him? Mipha said something about using the ice as a weapon and I wasn't sure what she meant by that.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Gerald

I think I have been playing for 18 hours or so (switch version). Only completed 16 Shrines. I was wondering what people were choosing as priority with hearts & stamina? I chose Stamina the first couple of times

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

MrMeowPuss

I'm surprised at how far everyone is already. I've spent roughly 3 hours playing so far on Switch and all I've mostly done is cook food and collect 1/4 of the stones...

I actually plan to buy the official guide since I'm so worried I'm going to miss out on something important. I'm really enjoying the game though, it's my first Zelda game since Super Nintendo!

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss Friend Code: SW-7290-1987-5404

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss | Twitter:

JoyBoy

How did they make this game? I have these constant "wow" moments, be it scenery, world design, enemy design/encounters or overall depth. I feel like I'm playing a game for the first time in my life, I've never felt this way with a game in long time.
I don't want this game to end lol, luckily this game is HUGE. And I'm so relieved there is more coming by the end of the year.

So how are you guys feeling about this game? Lol.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

GrailUK

@Spanjard I am loving the game. Taking my sweet time doing anything lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

AlexSays

@Spanjard From someone who has never been a Zelda fan, this is the game I was wishing they would make. They nailed pretty much every aspect of the game and did so with everyone having a different experience.

Definitely one of the best games Nintendo has ever published.

AlexSays

DreamyViridi

@Spanjard - I know what you mean, this is my first real "open-world" game so to me, the Great Plateau was huge but the world keeps getting bigger!

With everyone covering things so quickly, I feel like it's just me who's playing super slowly. I'm pretty much exploring everywhere, getting sidetracked by the smallest of things. I've yet to die too, though I've been close to death several times. I've never been so thrilled, I want to see how long I can survive without getting a game over.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

backudog

Im loving this game! Playing on me Switch Just exploring, cooking, hunting etc doing a few side quests here and there, taking my time, no need to rush. Oh yeah anyone tried attacking the chuccos yet? I just did.....😄😉

Love is just a developed version of lust, which is nothing more than an evolutionary tool. Thus, the universe is a cold lonely place devoid of magic or genuine affection. also shoes are made by gnomes.

Dezzy

If you try and 100% this game, it'll take absolutely ages.

What I've learnt so far is that it's generally better to explore via the main paths and roads on the map. I tried to get to the Zora's place via navigating the eastern coast. That was a big mistake. Not much there. It rained constantly so you could climb very little. The enemies were brutal and in about an hour of exploration, all I found was 1 shrine and maybe 2 koroks.
If you go there via the main roads and paths instead, the scenery is a lot more interesting and there's a lot more stuff going on.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blue_Blur

I've only played for a few hours so far, but I'm loving every minute of it! It definitely deserves the outstanding reviews it's been getting. It's challenging, yet fair, and I can't wait to explore more! (I just made it to Kakariko Village)

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

backudog

Lol had to share! 😂😄 https://youtu.be/BVOU5MWRgVU

Love is just a developed version of lust, which is nothing more than an evolutionary tool. Thus, the universe is a cold lonely place devoid of magic or genuine affection. also shoes are made by gnomes.

RedFinch

Octane wrote:

Are you forced to shoot and arrow when you're aiming? Or can you cancel your action? I've been losing arrows left and right because of that.

Also, I just got off the Great Plateau, screw objectives; Death Mountain, here I come!

Don't know if your answer has been answered or if you've figured it out already, but you can cancel. You just tap X to lower your bow and X a second time to place back on your back.

RedFinch

rk3388

@Ootfan98 I chose heart first, then stamina and then two more hearts --> I found myself able to climb everything I wanted to yet was still getting 2-3 hearts of damage from certain enemies, so decided to prioritize hearts

rk3388

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic