Forums

Topic: The key to winning the console war is glaringly obvious...

Posts 101 to 120 of 121

shingi_70

Won't win the console war but I would like to Metroid and Star Fox brought back soon. Maybe some new IP and smaller eshop games as well. Eshop is probably my favorite part of the 3DS and I'm hoping todays direct nintendo shares downloadable goodness.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MAB

Looks like Ninty will be making mad stacks of cash after seeing that direct

MAB

skywake

There was some pretty cool stuff in it.... just mostly for the 3DS....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

shingi_70

The American direct was pretty crappy.

Good to here a Layton Vs Pheonix Wright localization despite how meh the game is apparently.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

LzWinky

Sony_70 wrote:

Won't win the console war but I would like to Metroid and Star Fox brought back soon. Maybe some new IP and smaller eshop games as well. Eshop is probably my favorite part of the 3DS and I'm hoping todays direct nintendo shares downloadable goodness.

Were you disappointed?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MAB

DePapier wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Looks like Ninty will be making mad stacks of cash after seeing that direct

I know they're getting my money for Layton vs. Phoenix Wright...

Yeah, across the whole WiiU & 3DS board we can say they will bring the pain to the console war... And thats just a taste of things to come

Anyway this thread is over now... I've got some eShop shiz to download, peace

MAB

shingi_70

LzQuacker wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Were you disappointed?

Yep but its mostly due to me having unrealistic expectations, plus I expected Nintendo to go all out since it won't look like they will have a major Gamescom presence. The January direct kind of screwed up with my thoughts and I was expectign more on already announced games, but Nintendo usually has a septemember event so there's hope once TGS rolls around

As a 3DS owner this direct made my purchases even more awesome, but as a potential WIi U owner why should I care for the system if Nintendo apparently doesn't. I could have sworn the direct was supposed to be for games releasing next year.

WAT!

shingi_70

God stuff right here. Dear God how cam NOE get this stuff right when the indie division is in NOA.

This right there would have made me feel 100X better about the NOA direct.

WAT!

MAB

@Sony_70 yeah I know that's what I mean... All that indie goodness is mine

MAB

Tim_Slim

DePapier wrote:

Given that Animal Crossing Wii U announcement, I think somebody in here has some explain to do to @Tim_Slim...

HaHa! Thanks. I think you might be cherry picking announcements from the Direct, though. After all, it's ludicrous to suggest that Nintendo are delibritaly targeting 3DS owners, I'm told. #wink

Tim_Slim

GottzGaming

Nintendo needs to branch out a bit all they sell is video game consoles, Sony and Microsoft both were selling other products before they came to video games. this gave them an edge. I mean would it be cool seeing a Nintendo Tablet or phone?
Next they need to Make some new original series so their not stuck with Super Mario Bros. Most casual gamers won't buy the new SMB game because they haven't changed the formula and people will think "its practically the same thing I mean why bother with SMB U when you have SMB Wii"
Also what Nintendo does have on its side is its nostalgia factor they could definitely bring some adultrs back to Nintendo by making Sequels to NES games what about a sequel to Excitebike or Contra.

GottzGaming

skywake

DePapier wrote:

Given that Animal Crossing Wii U announcement, I think somebody in here has some explain to do to @Tim_Slim...

because 3DS owners will get a Wii U specifically for the Animal Crossing Plaza? Yeah, not buying it. It's a nice little perk for existing owners "because they can" but little more. Community building, they mentioned using MiiVerse in this kind of way in their last financial statement. If you think it's more than that you're kidding yourself...

and I really don't think it's worth starting this whole thing with @Tim_Slim again. I've moved on, so should everyone else.

Edited on by skywake

shingi_70

Both would probably flop horribly

WAT!

Tim_Slim

skywake wrote:

DePapier wrote:

because 3DS owners will get a Wii U specifically for the Animal Crossing Plaza? Yeah, not buying it. It's a nice little perk for existing owners but little more. If you think it's more than that you're kidding yourself...

and I really don't think it's worth starting this whole thing again.

Your stubbornness to accept the possibility that Nintendo are targeting 3DS owners is spectacular.

Obviously, drawing evidence from VG Chartz is the best course of thinking.

And no, it's clearly not worth starting g this again. You must know best, eh?

Tim_Slim

Ryno

Sony_70 wrote:

I could have sworn the direct was supposed to be for games releasing next year.

What gave you that idea? Didn't the just say info on previously announced games?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

shingi_70

Ryno wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

I could have sworn the direct was supposed to be for games releasing next year.

What gave you that idea? Didn't the just say info on previously announced games?

I didn't know that when I made the post. Ironically enough we got two previously unannounced games for next year.

But I would agree that nintendo doesn't know what to do with the Wii U in comparison to the 3DS.

WAT!

rallydefault

I'm sorry, but that Direct rocked. The gaming crowd is getting a bit too jaded for my tastes these days. The Animal Crossing app for Wii U looks awesome, Wind Waker HD looks awesome, the new Zelda game for the 3DS is going to bring all of us to our knees, Wonderful 101 is getting an entire Direct on Friday, and Pheonix Wright/Professor Layton looks awesome. I'm starting to think people are purposefully trying to find negatives where none really exist. We all knew darn well the release schedule for the Wii U over the next few months - they toss us a nice free bone (Animal Crossing app) and you're STILL upset? Makes no sense whatsoever.

rallydefault

skywake

Tim_Slim wrote:

Your stubbornness to accept the possibility that Nintendo are targeting 3DS owners is spectacular.
Obviously, drawing evidence from VG Chartz is the best course of thinking.
And no, it's clearly not worth starting g this again. You must know best, eh?

Well they didn't really announce anything in the way of 3DS style content being ported to the Wii U at all. Rayman Legends is getting Mario Hats, Wind Waker HD still looks shiny, Professor Layton is coming to 3DS, Luigi is in Smash Bros, Wii U is getting heaps of indie content on the eShop, Art Academy on Wii U, Sonic Lost World... and the Animal Crossing community thing. All fantastic in its own right but hardly what you're claiming it is.

If this had been an E3 style megatonne thing, which it was never going to be, and they had Kid Icarus U, Luigi's Mansion 3, Nintendogs U, Pushmo and that was the bulk of the content then ok. If they did that then they would be deliberately and specifically making new versions of 3DS software. However they didn't, they didn't even do it at E3. All you got tonight was an Animal Crossing community which while cool isn't a system seller. That's it.

And given how coherent your argument on the previous page was about VGChartz... maybe you should pick your battles. All you managed was "I agree with you obviously but I want to rage so you're a hypocrite or something because it's VGChartz".

Edited on by skywake

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.