Forums

Topic: The Inevitable 'Zelda Wii U Special Edition'

Posts 1 to 20 of 30

Haru17

A short history lesson;
-Ocarina of Time 3D released alongside a special 3DS bundle edition.
-Skyward Sword released with a special golden wii motion plus wiimote.
-The Wind Waker HD released in a special edition Zelda Wii U (well, only the gamepad was special, really).
-A Link Between Worlds released parallel to a special 3DS XL bundle.
-And now Majora's Mask got its infamous limited edition New 3DS XL

So, Nintendo, please make enough of the obviously-coming Zelda Wii U special edition Wii U (follow that?). I was lucky enough to get a Majora's Mask new 3DS, but only because I set an alarm and woke up at 6am PST to watch the direct live and only because I pre-ordered it at gamestop instead of best buy, who is apparently canceling orders now.

I'm not even sure that this special edition Wii U will be all that cool, the wind waker edition was minimalist, to say the least. Just give everyone within a year or so of release the option to buy one, new, for the regular MSRP. In return you'll make money and sell more Wii U's.

Now let's hope the big dumb elephant listens =P

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

LzWinky

Scalpers will rejoice!

Current games: Dragon Quest Builders 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jacob717

Well the "big dumb elephants" aren't going to listen if you call them "big dumb elephants"

Jacob717

kkslider5552000

"I AM SO MUCH SMARTER THAN A SUCCESSFUL MAJOR VIDEO GAME COMPANY, LOOK AT ME~!"

now excuse me while I talk about how much better Ubisoft would be if they listened to me.......wait what

Edited on by kkslider5552000

NB, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

cookiex

I was goggling for a funny elephant-related image and instead got horrific pictures of elephants being slaughtered.

Now I'm depressed.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

CaviarMeths

Even if they did, they'd have horribly limited stock and it would be 200% its MRSP inside of a month. Just like every non-NSMBU bundle they've ever done.

  • NSMBU bundles sit on shelves, never moving any stock.
  • Mario Kart 8 bundles sell out in weeks, even days.
  • Solution: Ship more NSMBU bundles.

The Nintendo Way™

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

kkslider5552000 wrote:

"I AM SO MUCH SMARTER THAN A SUCCESSFUL MAJOR VIDEO GAME COMPANY, LOOK AT ME~!"

now excuse me while I talk about how much better Ubisoft would be if they listened to me.......wait what

At least Nintendo releases finished games. Sheesh

Current games: Dragon Quest Builders 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

martinskrtel37

didn't they already do a Zelda Wii U?

All the Zelda bundles are overkill.

No idea how a 3DS bundle could be seen as "infamous" either

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Haru17

kkslider5552000 wrote:

"I AM SO MUCH SMARTER THAN A SUCCESSFUL MAJOR VIDEO GAME COMPANY, LOOK AT ME~!"

now excuse me while I talk about how much better Ubisoft would be if they listened to me.......wait what

I didn't make this thread to have an ego trip, but rather to have a conversation over the completely predictable future, yeeesh!

@martinskrtel37 The Majora's Mask New 3DS wasn't bundled with the game in the US and is 'infamous' because every gaming website and many podcasts have been complaining about it for almost 2 weeks now, on and off. I do think the A Link Between Worlds bundle was a bit much pageantry for what the game was, but it was fine. A special edition for the first new 3D Zelda in 4 years, however, as justified as it is inevitable to me.

Also, just google the thing about Nintendo being a big dumb elephant. It's a reference to a metaphor for how gradual the company is to adapt to modern expectations; sequels of popular franchises like Metroid and Zelda, unified accounts, online voice chat, etc. A lovable big, dumb elephant.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

LzWinky

To be fair, the bundle with the game in other regions is actually more expensive. I think it's fair

Current games: Dragon Quest Builders 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dezzy

Yeah, it's a fair prediction. Although Zelda doesn't sell as well as the hype for it would suggest. Ocarina is the only one that's really been a massive financial success. Twilight Princess did so well largely because it was a launch title for the Wii. It'll probably be the biggest release of 2015 though, unless they go apepooooooooop with their promotional campaign for Splatoon.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

now excuse me while I talk about how much better Ubisoft would be if they listened to me.......wait what

I'd be completely in favour of you taking over at Ubisoft. Although wait til they've done the London Assassin's Creed, I do wanna play that.

Edited on by LzWinky

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CaviarMeths

Dezzy wrote:

Although wait til they've done the London Assassin's Creed, I do wanna play that.

This is why Ubisoft sucks, by the way.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

TingLz wrote:

To be fair, the bundle with the game in other regions is actually more expensive. I think it's fair

I didn't take issue with that. Honestly, all the hubbub about chargers, no small New 3DS in the US, etc is just a mountain-out-of-a-mole-hill situation. It'd be nice if more people could get the New 3DS edition they want, though.

And I disagree about Zelda not being a big seller, it's just been mishandled recently. Gamers bought wiis for Twilight Princess and the general audience got wii sports, so I don't see its popularity being inflated there. Skyward Sword only sold 3 million because it was a kinda unremarkable game released in a period where gamers forgot the Wii existed because Nintendo wasn't supporting it with enough titles.

I mean, A Link Between Worlds has sold like 2.5 million alone, just on handheld. Not that I expect Wii U to do any more than 3 million in sales, the Wii U's popularity being as it is. That doesn't mean Nintendo won't roll out the golden paint and make a special edition console, (or more likely gamepad) though.

Zelda is a perennial franchise, perhaps the most well-known in gaming. It'll hardly do Skyrim numbers, but if they release a great game, with how much gaming news sites already cover the Zelda, all that positive buzz will sell plenty of consoles to the gamer audience.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tperryoo7

If this happens, it needs to be an all gold system with black highlights.

Imagine a gold gamepad! I would buy it...

Tperryoo7

Dezzy

CaviarMeths wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Although wait til they've done the London Assassin's Creed, I do wanna play that.

This is why Ubisoft sucks, by the way.

What? Because of something they've yet to release?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CaviarMeths

Dezzy wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Although wait til they've done the London Assassin's Creed, I do wanna play that.

This is why Ubisoft sucks, by the way.

What? Because of something they've yet to release?

Nah. Because people keep getting excited about their inevitably broken, samey games. Gives Ubi no incentive to ever change their business or design philosophies.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Nicolai

Tperryoo7 wrote:

If this happens, it needs to be an all gold system with black highlights.

Imagine a gold gamepad! I would buy it...

Nintendo's been overdoing the whole Gold aesthetic with Zelda. Every overseas box art looks cooler than North America, because they turn ours into monochrome. Why not make one the colors of Link, or better yet, the colors of the Hylian shield! It could be a realistically metallic silver around the edges, with blue and some red, gold, etc. That would be cool!

I rise from the ashes!
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Grumblevolcano

Nicolai wrote:

Tperryoo7 wrote:

If this happens, it needs to be an all gold system with black highlights.

Imagine a gold gamepad! I would buy it...

Nintendo's been overdoing the whole Gold aesthetic with Zelda. Every overseas box art looks cooler than North America, because they turn ours into monochrome. Why not make one the colors of Link, or better yet, the colors of the Hylian shield! It could be a realistically metallic silver around the edges, with blue and some red, gold, etc. That would be cool!

I agree, the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL should've been purple to fit colour scheme of the artwork (see the standard New 3DS Majora's Mask faceplates for a great example of what I would've preferred over the gold design). I don't think enough info has been revealed regarding Zelda U for a fitting limited edition console design.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

CaviarMeths wrote:

Nah. Because people keep getting excited about their inevitably broken, samey games. Gives Ubi no incentive to ever change their business or design philosophies.

Oh right. Well you've got a false positive here then. I've played almost none of their games (I've only played Assassin's Creed 3). I just want to play a game where you can explore victorian London.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

LzWinky

Dezzy wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Nah. Because people keep getting excited about their inevitably broken, samey games. Gives Ubi no incentive to ever change their business or design philosophies.

Oh right. Well you've got a false positive here then. I've played almost none of their games (I've only played Assassin's Creed 3). I just want to play a game where you can explore victorian London.

Ubisoft sucks because some of their recent games are broken and unfinished. Some are riddled with glitches that are fixed AFTER release. So if I were you, I'd wait at least two weeks before getting that AC game.

Anyway, back on topic, even if a Zelda Wii U came out, I'd probably not get it unless I had extra funds.

Current games: Dragon Quest Builders 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic