Wii U Forum

Topic: The depressing state of the WiiU release schedule

Showing 281 to 300 of 374

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

281. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

My personal feeling on the Wii U's lineup is not that it has no games, but it has no INTERESTING games. There's far too many rehashy games like NSMBU, 3D World, and Tropical Freeze out there that neither demonstrate next gen gameplay with the Gamepad, or any new, interesting gameplay mechanic whatsoever. When I see more games like say, Sunshine and Galaxy (note, I do not mean make Sunshine 2 and Galaxy 3, I mean make an original game concept that shows the unique, innovative gameplay for the Wii U in the same way that Sunshine and Galaxy did for the Gamecube and Wii respectively) over NSMBU and 3D World, then I'd be willing to buy a Wii U.

I think you nailed it. For all the hype Reggie and Co. spewed about the game pad revolutionizing the way we play games, I'm still yet to see it. I've said it many times... Nintendo Land showed signs of awesome possibilities, and then... nothing. Standard remakes of games we've already all seen and played over the last ten years. Plus, it's kind of sad that the two games this system's life is basically swiveling on at this point, SSB and MK8 are going to be standard iterations of Nintendo franchises we've seen for almost twenty years. I'm sure they will be great fun, but how much can either of those titles really utilize the game pad?

My suspicions were just confirmed in the Mario Kart 8 preview article. The gamepad utilization = a horn. That's right, the giant touch-screen controller Nintendo claimed would be "revolutionary" for gaming... It's only real purpose in Mario Kart 8 is to honk the horn.

To be fair, Nintendo blatantly admitted it needed more use of that a while ago, but I assume Mario Kart was too far along in development to put too much in (especially since they can't afford more delays).

I don't disagree, but they're putting in the DS map stuff among other things and you can use it like the Wii Wheel. That's all you really need. The fact that Nintendo has underplayed their own gimmick controller doesn't mean I really want a ton of ideas in Mario Kart. Only real disappointment is no 5 player local multiplayer apparently.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

282. Posted:

faint wrote:

i bet cash monney you can use the pad just like a steering wheel. the horns going to be irritating tho. can you imagine the trolls online

I can. I will be one of those trolls! :D

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PKpunky

283. Posted:

No five local multiplayer? That's unfortunate, would have been interesting to try that out.

I hope that at least the map and customization settings will be on the gamepad. I don't see the point of a horn in a Mario Kart game.

PKpunky

3DS Friend Code: 4314-0436-2109 | Nintendo Network ID: PK_Ness

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

284. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

faint wrote:

i bet cash monney you can use the pad just like a steering wheel. the horns going to be irritating tho. can you imagine the trolls online

I can. I will be one of those trolls! :D

/blocks LzWinky on his Wii U. :P

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gage_wolf

285. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

My personal feeling on the Wii U's lineup is not that it has no games, but it has no INTERESTING games. There's far too many rehashy games like NSMBU, 3D World, and Tropical Freeze out there that neither demonstrate next gen gameplay with the Gamepad, or any new, interesting gameplay mechanic whatsoever. When I see more games like say, Sunshine and Galaxy (note, I do not mean make Sunshine 2 and Galaxy 3, I mean make an original game concept that shows the unique, innovative gameplay for the Wii U in the same way that Sunshine and Galaxy did for the Gamecube and Wii respectively) over NSMBU and 3D World, then I'd be willing to buy a Wii U.

I think you nailed it. For all the hype Reggie and Co. spewed about the game pad revolutionizing the way we play games, I'm still yet to see it. I've said it many times... Nintendo Land showed signs of awesome possibilities, and then... nothing. Standard remakes of games we've already all seen and played over the last ten years. Plus, it's kind of sad that the two games this system's life is basically swiveling on at this point, SSB and MK8 are going to be standard iterations of Nintendo franchises we've seen for almost twenty years. I'm sure they will be great fun, but how much can either of those titles really utilize the game pad?

My suspicions were just confirmed in the Mario Kart 8 preview article. The gamepad utilization = a horn. That's right, the giant touch-screen controller Nintendo claimed would be "revolutionary" for gaming... It's only real purpose in Mario Kart 8 is to honk the horn.

To be fair, Nintendo blatantly admitted it needed more use of that a while ago, but I assume Mario Kart was too far along in development to put too much in (especially since they can't afford more delays).

I don't disagree, but they're putting in the DS map stuff among other things and you can use it like the Wii Wheel. That's all you really need. The fact that Nintendo has underplayed their own gimmick controller doesn't mean I really want a ton of ideas in Mario Kart. Only real disappointment is no 5 player local multiplayer apparently.

How about a rear-view mirror for laying down bananas and what not? That would have been amazing.

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BearHunger

286. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

How about a rear-view mirror for laying down bananas and what not? That would have been amazing.

A feature, much like 5-player, that was in the launch title Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. (Come on, Nintendo EAD Group No. 1.)

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gage_wolf

287. Posted:

BearHunger wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

How about a rear-view mirror for laying down bananas and what not? That would have been amazing.

A feature, much like 5-player, that was in the launch title Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. (Come on, Nintendo EAD Group No. 1.)

I'll be honest I haven't touched a Sonic associated title since the Dreamcast days, but I keep hearing more and more good things about the Sonic racing games. Not...sure...I can get over my grudge with Sega yet.

Edited on by gage_wolf

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

288. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

My personal feeling on the Wii U's lineup is not that it has no games, but it has no INTERESTING games. There's far too many rehashy games like NSMBU, 3D World, and Tropical Freeze out there that neither demonstrate next gen gameplay with the Gamepad, or any new, interesting gameplay mechanic whatsoever. When I see more games like say, Sunshine and Galaxy (note, I do not mean make Sunshine 2 and Galaxy 3, I mean make an original game concept that shows the unique, innovative gameplay for the Wii U in the same way that Sunshine and Galaxy did for the Gamecube and Wii respectively) over NSMBU and 3D World, then I'd be willing to buy a Wii U.

I think you nailed it. For all the hype Reggie and Co. spewed about the game pad revolutionizing the way we play games, I'm still yet to see it. I've said it many times... Nintendo Land showed signs of awesome possibilities, and then... nothing. Standard remakes of games we've already all seen and played over the last ten years. Plus, it's kind of sad that the two games this system's life is basically swiveling on at this point, SSB and MK8 are going to be standard iterations of Nintendo franchises we've seen for almost twenty years. I'm sure they will be great fun, but how much can either of those titles really utilize the game pad?

My suspicions were just confirmed in the Mario Kart 8 preview article. The gamepad utilization = a horn. That's right, the giant touch-screen controller Nintendo claimed would be "revolutionary" for gaming... It's only real purpose in Mario Kart 8 is to honk the horn.

To be fair, Nintendo blatantly admitted it needed more use of that a while ago, but I assume Mario Kart was too far along in development to put too much in (especially since they can't afford more delays).

I don't disagree, but they're putting in the DS map stuff among other things and you can use it like the Wii Wheel. That's all you really need. The fact that Nintendo has underplayed their own gimmick controller doesn't mean I really want a ton of ideas in Mario Kart. Only real disappointment is no 5 player local multiplayer apparently.

They could of at least used the gamepad's screen as a rear view mirror me thinks.

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gage_wolf

289. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

My personal feeling on the Wii U's lineup is not that it has no games, but it has no INTERESTING games. There's far too many rehashy games like NSMBU, 3D World, and Tropical Freeze out there that neither demonstrate next gen gameplay with the Gamepad, or any new, interesting gameplay mechanic whatsoever. When I see more games like say, Sunshine and Galaxy (note, I do not mean make Sunshine 2 and Galaxy 3, I mean make an original game concept that shows the unique, innovative gameplay for the Wii U in the same way that Sunshine and Galaxy did for the Gamecube and Wii respectively) over NSMBU and 3D World, then I'd be willing to buy a Wii U.

I think you nailed it. For all the hype Reggie and Co. spewed about the game pad revolutionizing the way we play games, I'm still yet to see it. I've said it many times... Nintendo Land showed signs of awesome possibilities, and then... nothing. Standard remakes of games we've already all seen and played over the last ten years. Plus, it's kind of sad that the two games this system's life is basically swiveling on at this point, SSB and MK8 are going to be standard iterations of Nintendo franchises we've seen for almost twenty years. I'm sure they will be great fun, but how much can either of those titles really utilize the game pad?

My suspicions were just confirmed in the Mario Kart 8 preview article. The gamepad utilization = a horn. That's right, the giant touch-screen controller Nintendo claimed would be "revolutionary" for gaming... It's only real purpose in Mario Kart 8 is to honk the horn.

To be fair, Nintendo blatantly admitted it needed more use of that a while ago, but I assume Mario Kart was too far along in development to put too much in (especially since they can't afford more delays).

I don't disagree, but they're putting in the DS map stuff among other things and you can use it like the Wii Wheel. That's all you really need. The fact that Nintendo has underplayed their own gimmick controller doesn't mean I really want a ton of ideas in Mario Kart. Only real disappointment is no 5 player local multiplayer apparently.

They could of at least used the gamepad's screen as a rear view mirror me thinks.

Way to not read any of the last comments.

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

290. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

My personal feeling on the Wii U's lineup is not that it has no games, but it has no INTERESTING games. There's far too many rehashy games like NSMBU, 3D World, and Tropical Freeze out there that neither demonstrate next gen gameplay with the Gamepad, or any new, interesting gameplay mechanic whatsoever. When I see more games like say, Sunshine and Galaxy (note, I do not mean make Sunshine 2 and Galaxy 3, I mean make an original game concept that shows the unique, innovative gameplay for the Wii U in the same way that Sunshine and Galaxy did for the Gamecube and Wii respectively) over NSMBU and 3D World, then I'd be willing to buy a Wii U.

I think you nailed it. For all the hype Reggie and Co. spewed about the game pad revolutionizing the way we play games, I'm still yet to see it. I've said it many times... Nintendo Land showed signs of awesome possibilities, and then... nothing. Standard remakes of games we've already all seen and played over the last ten years. Plus, it's kind of sad that the two games this system's life is basically swiveling on at this point, SSB and MK8 are going to be standard iterations of Nintendo franchises we've seen for almost twenty years. I'm sure they will be great fun, but how much can either of those titles really utilize the game pad?

My suspicions were just confirmed in the Mario Kart 8 preview article. The gamepad utilization = a horn. That's right, the giant touch-screen controller Nintendo claimed would be "revolutionary" for gaming... It's only real purpose in Mario Kart 8 is to honk the horn.

To be fair, Nintendo blatantly admitted it needed more use of that a while ago, but I assume Mario Kart was too far along in development to put too much in (especially since they can't afford more delays).

I don't disagree, but they're putting in the DS map stuff among other things and you can use it like the Wii Wheel. That's all you really need. The fact that Nintendo has underplayed their own gimmick controller doesn't mean I really want a ton of ideas in Mario Kart. Only real disappointment is no 5 player local multiplayer apparently.

They could of at least used the gamepad's screen as a rear view mirror me thinks.

Way to not read any of the last comments.

Skimming's my middle name. ;)

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

291. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

My suspicions were just confirmed in the Mario Kart 8 preview article. The gamepad utilization = a horn. That's right, the giant touch-screen controller Nintendo claimed would be "revolutionary" for gaming... It's only real purpose in Mario Kart 8 is to honk the horn.

Well other than off-TV play, a leaderboard, motion control and a mini-map. Yeah, just a horn. Kinda annoyed that people for some reason really, really wanted a rear-view mirror. Why? What do you get out if it? They had way back it in Super Mario Kart but you never used it because it was useless.

The only good idea I've heard people want that's not happening is 5 player multi. Personally that's something I'd like to see but I'm happy to give up if it means solid framerates. The fact that this game runs at 60fps with 2P means that I probably won't want to go out of 2P mode anyways ;)

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

292. Posted:

@skywake

Probably the for online play. I have a buddy who loves raving games and he wanted the Gamepad to have a rear view mostly for online play.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

293. Posted:

I think a rear view mirror would give GamePad players the upper hand.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

294. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

faint wrote:

i bet cash monney you can use the pad just like a steering wheel. the horns going to be irritating tho. can you imagine the trolls online

I can. I will be one of those trolls! :D

/blocks LzWinky on his Wii U. :P

You dastard! How dare you block me! When we play online, I'll save plenty of blue shells just for you!

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

295. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

@skywake
Probably the for online play. I have a buddy who loves raving games and he wanted the Gamepad to have a rear view mostly for online play.

They already have a way of doing that. It's much less distracting and much more useful
Untitled

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperChutney

296. Posted:

This may sound petty, but a lack of five-player multiplayer is really a deal breaker for me. I personally find it astounding that one of my favourite features of the gamepad - that it provides a fifth player slot - has been largely ignored by every first-party game other than Nintendo Land. I had foolishly assumed that it would be included, but at least this means one less game I'll feel the need to purchase...

SuperChutney

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beetlejuice

297. Posted:

Does everyone who is whining about no 5 player MK8 really find themselves in situations where they have an opportunity to play a Wii-U with four other people that often?

Unless you are a kid/live in a dorm/have parents who bred like rabbits, I can't imagine it would be a feature many people would even experience.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

298. Posted:

It still looks great to me.

I don't get the outcry for 5 player multiplayer. In NintendoLand, it makes sense to me, but Mario Kart just seems like it'd be a bit weird like that. I dunno...

Also, the GamePad doesn't need to be 100% utilized in every single game. Games like Metroid, Zelda, or a new and innovative Mario game will more than likely take the ZombiU approach to the GamePad. A rearview mirror in Mario Kart would essentially be pointless since there's already the map on the touchscreen. Aside from that, why do you need it to throw bananas back? Hold onto that banana. It'll save you from EVERYTHING.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

299. Posted:

Most of the people who complain about the lack of game pad use are people who don't like the game pad and never even used it in the dozens of games that use it a lot. I was playing Lego City Undercover, some Zombi U, Mass Effect 3, then Rayman Legends all in one day so I guess I didn't think the game pad was under utilized in any way when I played yesterday or any day.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Guitardude7

300. Posted:

@SuperChutney So you're going to pass on the game for lacking one non-essential feature? Well look since it's your money, it's not my place to tell you what you should and shouldn't buy but I'm just saying, I was hoping the first person view from Mario Kart 7 would return but was very disappointed that its absent this time around. Still getting it though because the gameplay and amount of things they are adding in and doing more then makes up for it.

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7