Wii U Forum

Topic: The depressing state of the WiiU release schedule

Showing 161 to 180 of 374

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gage_wolf

161. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

PS4 will payoff in the long run.

I'm pretty sure this is the mind set of Wii U and Xbox One owners, as well.

What's your point?

8th generation isn't over. It's hardly even started.

The majority of people buying PS4s probably aren't thinking in terms of "generations", people just like "new" "impressive" stuff, especially when it comes to electronics. The average person sees commercials or hears word of mouth about something, maybe does a little research, and makes a decision to buy something. Sony and the Playstation brand have had a pretty impressive run since the PS1 dropped 20 years ago, and that speaks to people. I'm not saying the other 2 systems don't have things to look forward to, I'm just saying Sony has built a strong reputation so people are willing to buy the console even if the releases are a bit light as of now.

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

162. Posted:

@DefHalan

I'll bite I guess.

Do you have a PS4?

Yep got one quite recently.

If so why did you buy it?

Had been getting tired of last gen for a while and my 360 had pretty much become a Netflix/telltale box. The new hardware and quickness has renewed my console game playing. Plus were starting to see current gen only games out.

Did you have a PS3?

Nope came from the 360.

Aren't most games on PS4 also on PS3?

Yep but even with the 360 I want the superior version of majority of games put there. Plus a lot of digital games are cross buy. I bought dreamworld dig and fez this week and got the PS3/Vita versions as well.

I know there are a few exclusives but are those why you bought a PS4?

Yep I have about 3 first party games and got infamous which was a must play. Going to grab Killzone this month, and MLB 14 in may. Plus the digital stuff like sound shapes I haven't played yet.

Is it ridiculous for people to buy a Wii U for future titles?

If you really like Nintendo games or going in knowing that you won't get 85% of most games announced than more power to you. With that said I can't reccomend the Wii U as a console to the average consumer tbh.

What about PS4 made you buy it over other consoles?

-Exclusives I really want to play rather they be first party or third party.
-I really wanted a blue ray player.
-Most games announced of either platform.
-the sweet spot in pricing between the 3 consoles.
-Best service for the price.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

163. Posted:

I already told you, six million people bought it because they love parallelograms : )

Do you know how hard it was to find a parallelogram console to match all of the other parallelograms in my living room?

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BearClaus

164. Posted:

@AlexSays Well, the Xbox One is also a parallelogram. Rectangles are parallelograms, after all. ;)

BearClaus

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

165. Posted:

@gagewolf
Exactly. People have the same idea about Nintendo and Microsoft. Even Wii U's software lineup is slow, people are willing to buy and be patient.

@AlexSays
That's the thing. We don't know how the rest of 8th gen will go, so Sony "dominating" the console space isn't guaranteed. If you want to be critical of Nintendo or Microsoft, be critical about Sony, as well. What is something you want Sony to improve on?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

166. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

-Exclusives I really want to play rather they be first party or third party.
-I really wanted a blue ray player.
-Most games announced of either platform.
-the sweet spot in pricing between the 3 consoles.
-Best service for the price.

Exclusives you wanted basically from the looks of it. The PS4 had the games you wanted. InFamous seems to be your Killer App. Awesome, I hope it is everything you wanted it to be.

The others all seem secondary to the exclusives but they probably made the initial purchase easier for you.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

167. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

@skywake: I don't know hardware enough to put that together, and I won't ever invest that much into parts in the first place. I'd rather stick to consoles and handhelds, even if their release schedule is a bit dry ;)

Well that's fair enough but that wasn't what I was saying. I was simply saying that the idea that PC gaming is thousands of dollars and lots of work is nonsense. Walk into a reputable PC shop, give them marginally more money than a PS4/XBOne costs. You'll walk out with something that's a higher spec gaming machine that's also a much more versatile machine.

Dreamz wrote:

Not quite - the hard drive is going to drag the entire system's performance down. The processor is also a bit underpowered as well.

HDD performance impacts load times and little else. Plus the PS4/XBOne use drives that are probably about the same spec just more compact and they're fine. Console gaming load times have been limited by optical media speeds for ages, HDD performance is like an SSD compared to Blu-Ray. CPU performance? Yeah, the thing's underpowered. However it won't bottleneck a 750ti so why go higher?

It's not going to be gold plated at $800AU, every dollar you cut from that point is going to be a compromise. PS4 does it for $550AU and they're damn good value right now but they're barely doing 1080p gaming for their price. They couldn't fit in an SSD either. A machine that an reliably do 30fps+ at 1080p with high details with that spec for $800? It ain't bad.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gage_wolf

168. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@gagewolf
Exactly. People have the same idea about Nintendo and Microsoft. Even Wii U's software lineup is slow, people are willing to buy and be patient.

@AlexSays
That's the thing. We don't know how the rest of 8th gen will go, so Sony "dominating" the console space isn't guaranteed. If you want to be critical of Nintendo or Microsoft, be critical about Sony, as well. What is something you want Sony to improve on?

Exactly? Well obviously people don't have the same idea about Nintendo and Microsoft... that's why PS4 is outselling the other two. That's the point. Even with Xbone's first killer app, Titanfall, out in the wild the PS4 is still selling 2-1... and well the Wii U has all sorts of Issues. You can make all the justifications in your mind that you want, but dem's da facts.

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

169. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

What is something you want Sony to improve on?

Their Nintendo-fanboy outreach program

They could really step up their game when it comes to enlightening the blinded : (

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

170. Posted:

@gage_wolf
Ya, so Mario and Titanfall don't appeal to people who currently own or are intending to buy PS4. I'm not surprised. Maybe that's why they bought a PS4, in the first place, besides whatever may interest them on PS4.

The point is that people who DO have a Wii U or Xbox One are just as excited as PS4 owners. There's less people, but that doesn't change the attitude of wanting either one to do well and have cool stuff.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

171. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

What is something you want Sony to improve on?

Their Nintendo-fanboy outreach program

They could really step up their game when it comes to enlightening the blinded : (

I don't understand. Are you saying you want Sony to convince more people to buy PS4?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

172. Posted:

I'm saying Sony needs to preach the word of the great parallelogram

Have you heard the good news?

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

173. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Have you heard the good news?

No.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

174. Posted:

@DefHalan

For the most part yep. I can wait till smash Bros and X to get a Wii U. On the Microsoft front had a mainline halo been out alongside killer instinct I would have gone xbone.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gage_wolf

175. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@gage_wolf
Ya, so Mario and Titanfall don't appeal to people who currently own or are intending to buy PS4. I'm not surprised. Maybe that's why they bought a PS4, in the first place, besides whatever may interest them on PS4.

The point is that people who DO have a Wii U or Xbox One are just as excited as PS4 owners. There's less people, but that doesn't change the attitude of wanting either one to do well and have cool stuff.

Sigh Does that point really need to be made? I was responding to DefHalan in his quest to find out why the PS4 is selling well. At no point did I say "Yeah, man Wii U & Xbone owners must be really unexcited for the future of their consoles." You have no point.

EDIT: Though I will say the future of the Wii U is the bleakest of the three at the moment. If I didn't already own a Wii U at this point, I'm not sure I would recommend it to someone looking to buy a new system.

Edited on by gage_wolf

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gage_wolf

176. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

@DefHalan

For the most part yep. I can wait till smash Bros and X to get a Wii U. On the Microsoft front had a mainline halo been out alongside killer instinct I would have gone xbone.

If The Last Guardian or Dark Souls 2 were announced I would have picked up a PS4 by now.

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

177. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@gage_wolf
Ya, so Mario and Titanfall don't appeal to people who currently own or are intending to buy PS4. I'm not surprised. Maybe that's why they bought a PS4, in the first place, besides whatever may interest them on PS4.

The point is that people who DO have a Wii U or Xbox One are just as excited as PS4 owners. There's less people, but that doesn't change the attitude of wanting either one to do well and have cool stuff.

Sigh Does that point really need to be made? I was responding to DefHalan in his quest to find out why the PS4 is selling well. At no point did I say "Yeah, man Wii U & Xbone owners must be really unexcited for the future of their consoles." You have no point.

Well, if everyone is super excited about PS4, then perhaps there are more reasons to be excited for Xbox One and Wii U than we originally thought.

It's not like PS4 is the only console.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

178. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

So Mario and Titanfall don't appeal to people who currently own or are intending to buy PS4. I'm not surprised. Maybe that's why they bought a PS4, in the first place, besides whatever may interest them on PS4.

Same reason people got a PS2, SNES, 360 or Gameboy. Same reason why people still build PCs for gaming. Not necessarily for one big exclusive game but because it's a cost-effective platform that's most likely to get long-term support. What games are they buying the PS4 for? Not Sony games or games out already. They're buying the PS4 for ALL OF THE FUTURE GAMES.

In a nutshell people are buying the PS4 for the same reason people aren't buying the Wii U. Because when GTA 6 or Assassin's Creed 6 come out it'll definitely be on the PS4. Period. Equally it's the same reason why people on this forum DID buy the Wii U. Not because we wanted Nintendo Land and New SMB desperately. We got it because when the next big Nintendo game comes out it'll be on the Wii U. What game is it? We don't know (probably Zelda) but we'll have the console that'll play it.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

179. Posted:

@skywake
Definitely. I gotta have Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Zelda. I'm not as excited about Mario or even Pokemon, as much as those games.

If Wii U had more 3rd party support, I would buy them for that, even if Xbox One or PS4 had them with a few extra lights or explosion particles, because of the GamePad, I did end up getting an Xbox One Titanfall bundle, BTW.

I'm pretty sure that it's expected for things to improve, instead of "get worse".

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emblem

180. Posted:

skywake wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

So Mario and Titanfall don't appeal to people who currently own or are intending to buy PS4. I'm not surprised. Maybe that's why they bought a PS4, in the first place, besides whatever may interest them on PS4.

Same reason people got a PS2, SNES, 360 or Gameboy. Same reason why people still build PCs for gaming. Not necessarily for one big exclusive game but because it's a cost-effective platform that's most likely to get long-term support. What games are they buying the PS4 for? Not Sony games or games out already. They're buying the PS4 for ALL OF THE FUTURE GAMES.

In a nutshell people are buying the PS4 for the same reason people aren't buying the Wii U. Because when GTA 6 or Assassin's Creed 6 come out it'll definitely be on the PS4. Period. Equally it's the same reason why people on this forum DID buy the Wii U. Not because we wanted Nintendo Land and New SMB desperately. We got it because when the next big Nintendo game comes out it'll be on the Wii U. What game is it? We don't know (probably Zelda) but we'll have the console that'll play it.

/Thread

Emblem