Wii U Forum

Topic: The depressing state of the WiiU release schedule

Showing 141 to 160 of 374

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

141. Posted:

@BearHunger
Well fair enough. However if you go into any PC component shop they have pre-built systems which are generally fairly decent. Coincidentally looking right now without any prior knowlege one of my favorite PC shops has a gaming PC only slightly more expensive than the one I worked out just above. Half as much ram, 3x as much storage, marginally less capable GPU. Everything else is basically identical.

It ain't that hard.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

thatguyEZ

142. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I am not trying to hate on Sony. I legitimately asking How are they selling so well? I see no reason for them to be doing so well but they are. Is there anything I am not seeing?

This is like the 5th time I've seen you make this statement, and you have received more than a dozen responses already with reason why.

Are you not reading the replies or are you just feigning ignorance to make some kind of 'statement'?

I have been discussing those points with people. It seems no one knows why the PS4 is doing so well, it just is. It isn't do to price, that would be Wii U. It isn't 3rd Party, those are on last-gen also. Exclusives? Maybe but Sony hasn't released any of there beggest franchises. Technology? PC is always leading in tech as you don't have to wait for a generation and there are products on the market that can be purchased for about the same as a PS4 that plays everything a PS4 can (if it is multiplatform). a little of everything? It is had to believe 6 mill people bought a PS4 for a little of each of these ideas.

Bought one, love it. And obviously 6 million other people have had good enough reason to get one. Obviously their biggest franchises aren't gonna be out at launch. E3 is right around the corner and that's when (hopefully) a lot of the heavy hitters will be announced. I'm loving all the indie games coming out for it. My April purchases will consist of Daylight, FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Outlast Whistleblower, Child of Light, and Mercenary Kings. And IMO that's a effin awesome month. And now with Project Morpheus that's another (potential) incentive to get in on the console (I know it's debatable). It's not hard to see why it's selling like hot cakes, you just for some reason seem to not want to acknowledge those facts/opinions or are trying to make an immature little 'statement' that the 'PS4 is garbage' or some such nonsense. Either way, I feel bad for you. It's an awesome console.

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

143. Posted:

@skywake: I don't know hardware enough to put that together, and I won't ever invest that much into parts in the first place. I'd rather stick to consoles and handhelds, even if their release schedule is a bit dry ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

144. Posted:

I think the point @DefHalen is trying to point out, is that Wii U had criticism based on:
Price
Software available
GamePad

Now look at the PS4:
$100 more(we're not comparing to Xbox One at this point)
Less software(if you like what's available, then fine, still doesn't change that there's less than Wii U)
Morpheus(if you think the GamePad is a gimmick or hard to support, here comes the Morpheus)

The point is that what some people criticised the Wii U for, now has presence on the PS4, as well, depending on your preference. PS4 is selling well, OMG. I still don't like what they're doing, despite criticism aimed towards Microsoft and Nintendo.

You don't like the Kinect or the GamePad?
I don't care.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

thatguyEZ

145. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I think the point @DefHalen is trying to point out, is that Wii U had criticism based on:
Price
Software available
GamePad

Now look at the PS4:
$100 more(we're not comparing to Xbox One at this point)
Less software(if you like what's available, then fine, still doesn't change that there's less than Wii U)
Morpheus(if you think the GamePad is a gimmick or hard to support, here comes the Morpheus)

The point is that what some people criticised the Wii U for, now has presence on the PS4, as well.. PS4 is selling well, OMG. I still don't like what they're doing. despite criticism aimed towards Microsoft and Nintendo.

You don't like the Kinect or the GamePad?
I don't care.

You can't compare the PS4s current library to the Wii Us library. It just came out and doesn't make sense. And as far as I'm concerned Morpheus isn't just a gimmick, but that's just me.

P.S. I don't hate the Wii U or anything, I think it's an awesome console. Just sayinnn

Edited on by thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

146. Posted:

@thatguyEZ
Then why were people comparing Wii U's library to Xbox 360 and PS3? That makes even less sense. People criticised Wii U for it's software library, and now it has more. Whether you care or acknowledge that is up to you.

Well, if Morpheus isn't a gimmick, then the GamePad totally isn't a gimmick. We're talking a VR headset that will need even more resources, and finally gives the much hated Move a bit of recognition among PS gamers. I'm pretty confident that alot of what shows up on Oculus will show up on Morpheus, though.

I don't hate PS4, but your kidding yourself if you think it's the ideal console for everyone.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dreamz

147. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

[Except the PS4 is pretty impressive for a console. Using the PC here is moot because not every gamer is a PC gamer. Also, PC gaming can get a heck lot more expensive than the PS4 just for parts to optimize their specs.

You're right, it is good value. That said this here:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($135.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Motherboard: Asus H81M-E Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($62.00 @ CPL Online)
Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($95.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Storage: Western Digital WD Blue 320GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($55.00 @ CPL Online)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($199.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($69.00 @ PLE Computers)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power ... ($95.00 @ CPL Online)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($115.00 @ CPL Online)
Total: $825.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-31 14:38 EST+1100)

........ will run pretty much every modern game at 1080p with high details above 30fps. Plus it'll support gSync and Valve's in-home streaming tech. So the idea that PC gaming is somehow out of reach is a bit of a stretch. I mean you're probably going to want a PC anyways, what's $200 for a GPU that crushes the PS4?

Not quite - the hard drive is going to drag the entire system's performance down. The processor is also a bit underpowered as well.

I agree with the general sentiment, however; a decent PC will destroy any next gen system. It's part of why I love my Wii U. I play all the Nintendo stuff on it, while all of the multiplatform stuff I play on my PC; neither Sony nor Microsoft have any exclusives that interest me.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Bayonetta, Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Wonderful101

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

148. Posted:

The funny thing is when the PS4 does surpass the Wii U in games (won't take too long given the third party disparity) the same people on this site will pick up a new argument as to why there's no reason to buy a PS4

Also I love the whole 'I don't hate the ps4, I just have no idea why anyone would buy one ever'. Very convincing. lol

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BearClaus

149. Posted:

Wii U has:

  • Cool controller
  • Nintendo in HD!
  • Pikmin 3 and Sonic Lost World :)
  • Full backwards compatibility with Wii, and it doesn't look intolerable on my HDTV (my Wii doesn't work with component cables, so I had to use composite or AV or whatever instead)

PS4 has:

  • Cool controller
  • Uh, games? I dunno

Xbox One has:

  • Oh what do I care, I'm not buying this thing, and I'm not buying the PS4 either; I have no reason to yet, anyway. I wouldn't have bought a Wii U so soon if it weren't for the last two bullet points up there (they are big ones, though).

This generation is not exciting for me right now. Of course, I was totally apathetic toward the PS3 until I got a big HDTV and until I saw how amazing Sonic Unleashed was on PS3 and 360. That was in 2012. Wii was the only home console I cared at all about during the bulk of the last generation, and I loved it.

Edited on by BearClaus

BearClaus

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gage_wolf

150. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I am not trying to hate on Sony. I legitimately asking How are they selling so well? I see no reason for them to be doing so well but they are. Is there anything I am not seeing?

This is like the 5th time I've seen you make this statement, and you have received more than a dozen responses already with reason why.

Are you not reading the replies or are you just feigning ignorance to make some kind of 'statement'?

I have been discussing those points with people. It seems no one knows why the PS4 is doing so well, it just is. It isn't do to price, that would be Wii U. It isn't 3rd Party, those are on last-gen also. Exclusives? Maybe but Sony hasn't released any of there beggest franchises. Technology? PC is always leading in tech as you don't have to wait for a generation and there are products on the market that can be purchased for about the same as a PS4 that plays everything a PS4 can (if it is multiplatform). a little of everything? It is had to believe 6 mill people bought a PS4 for a little of each of these ideas.

How is it not obvious why the PS4 is doing well? The PS3 has become quite the console darling over the years that just keeps delivering awesome first party, indie, and third party games, thus rightfully creating a large trustworthy fan-base. Plus, Sony creamed everyone at E3 by simply showing up and saying "we just want to make a bad donkey video game console." Xbone had all sorts of message and marketing issues at the time, and Nintendo was too busy not even showing up and instead showing off to people who already had the system via Nintendo Direct (if you could get the video to work). Sony knows how to create buzz, and has a history of very successful consoles that facilitates the perception that regardless of what's out now, buying a PS4 will payoff in the long run.
Please watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

151. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

PS4 will payoff in the long run.

I'm pretty sure this is the mind set of Wii U and Xbox One owners, as well.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gage_wolf

152. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

PS4 will payoff in the long run.

I'm pretty sure this is the mind set of Wii U and Xbox One owners, as well.

What's your point?

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

153. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

PS4 will payoff in the long run.

I'm pretty sure this is the mind set of Wii U and Xbox One owners, as well.

What's your point?

8th generation isn't over. It's hardly even started.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BearClaus

154. Posted:

I must admit, PS4 has some allure based solely on how much I like its three predecessors. Not enough for me to buy it, but if I ever want another current-gen console, that'll be it.

And another thing—my first non-Atari 800 controller was a DualShock. I'm used to it. I'd even say it holds sentimental value. It doesn't use all the same letters as the Nintendo controllers but with a different arrangement, and it doesn't have the control sticks placed asymmetrically. I prefer it to the Xbox series' controllers, so naturally I would gravitate towards the system with the DualShocks.

That and my familiarity with the PlayStation brand made the PS3 more appealing to me than the Xbox 360, along with how I have always kind of disliked Microsoft.

So why should I justify myself? I wasn't mulling over which console had the better feature set, I didn't care about which one was more popular; I just wanted a console for my HDTV that could play Sonic Unleashed, so I got the one I wanted more. There's no problem here.

BearClaus

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

155. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

The funny thing is when the PS4 does surpass the Wii U in games (won't take too long given the third party disparity) the same people on this site will pick up a new argument as to why there's no reason to buy a PS4

Also I love the whole 'I don't hate the ps4, I just have no idea why anyone would buy one ever'. Very convincing. lol

Do you have a PS4? If so why did you buy it? Did you have a PS3? Aren't most games on PS4 also on PS3? I know there are a few exclusives but are those why you bought a PS4? Was it the promise of future titles announced or unannounced? Is it ridiculous for people to buy a Wii U for future titles? What about PS4 made you buy it over other consoles?

These questions can go to anyone who has a PS4.

Edited on by DefHalan

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

156. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

The funny thing is when the PS4 does surpass the Wii U in games (won't take too long given the third party disparity) the same people on this site will pick up a new argument as to why there's no reason to buy a PS4

Also I love the whole 'I don't hate the ps4, I just have no idea why anyone would buy one ever'. Very convincing. lol

Do you have a PS4? If so why did you buy it? Did you have a PS3? Aren't most games on PS4 also on PS3? I know there are a few exclusives but are those why you bought a PS4? Was it the promise of future titles announced or unannounced? Is it ridiculous for people to buy a Wii U for future titles? What about PS4 made you buy it over other consoles?

I'll refer you to the part where I don't want you to agree with me. lol

Especially given the hundreds of questions you'd like me to answer. Much easier to let you continue hating on Sony : )

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BearClaus

157. Posted:

@DefHalan And see my post for why those questions don't really matter much from the consumer's perspective.

⬇︎ Yeah, might as well at least wait for the price to drop.

Edited on by BearClaus

BearClaus

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

158. Posted:

if you bought a brand new console for reasons other than "I don't want to buy a console and lots of games at the same time", you did it wrong

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

159. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

8th generation isn't over. It's hardly even started.

I know that's the great part. We have so many more years of Sony domination to look forward to : )

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

160. Posted:

BearHunger wrote:

So why should I justify myself? I wasn't mulling over which console had the better feature set, I didn't care about which one was more popular; I just wanted a console for my HDTV that could play Sonic Unleashed, so I got the one I wanted more. There's no problem here.

Nothing wrong about buying a console for 1 game ir because of brand loyalty. I am just wondering why people are buying it.

You gave a real answer on why you, and possibly others got it. Thank you

If you try to argue people bought it for the tech or features, or games then those can be argued away but brand loyalty or wanting to play a particular game is a real answer. I don't think 6 mill bought a PS4 for those reasons but it gives a glimpse into the mindset so thank you. I bought a Wii U for 2 reasons: Nintendo games and ZombiU (which I think is awesome). I enjoy the system for other reasons but my launch day purchase was for those 2 things.

Edited on by DefHalan

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan